So Anyone here Stop Playing some Games because of their AGE?

#51Axel21xPosted 8/23/2014 12:03:48 PM
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw
---
Uchuu ni yume wo... hoshi ni negai wo...
"Yasui! Takai ga, yasui!!"
#5290sRetroGamingPosted 8/23/2014 12:22:16 PM
Hitting 31 in December. No kids and have a job. I'm still playing what I want. Most people that know me know I play video games still. It's not like it's some big secret or anything.

Some people choose to sleep around with everyone they can, binge drink till they're drunk out of their minds, experiment with all kinds of drugs and all kinds of other s***. I choose to play video games.

Life is full of non-stop bills, stress, annoyances and worries, so video games is one of my outlets to relax and get away from all the madness. Like music, I couldn't imagine being without them.

You only get one life... Might as well try and enjoy it the way you want while you can and not worry about what others may think of you.
---
My 3DS FC: 1375-7268-6996 My NNID: OldSchoolGaming My PSN: C90sRetroGaming My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/OldSchoolGaming4Life Feel free to add me! ^_^
#53LhunthangionPosted 8/23/2014 12:29:28 PM
sh0wnuf posted...
side note- my friend's grandfather (80 something) has a ps3 and plays nothing but rpgs

Amazing.
---
I AM ERROR.
#54Anrui_Posted 8/23/2014 12:30:10 PM
I've never quit playing a game just because it's old.
---
1.0: http://i.imgur.com/tP5HsE3.png
ARR: http://i.imgur.com/D4ArLDE.png
#55Megaman OmegaPosted 8/23/2014 12:44:03 PM
If you think that you're too old for video games, you need to stop being so insecure.
---
How to get rid of the new topic sidebar: http://www.gamefaqs.com/user/options_advanced.html
Message Board Settings -> Topic List Sidebar -> No
#56C810Posted 8/23/2014 1:08:12 PM
Nope. Granted I'm only 23, but I just got back into Pokemon after being burned out on it for a few years. If it's a game I want to play, then I'm going to play it. Or watch it in the case of anime. People can think I'm weird or childish or whatever since I really don't care what people think.
---
Xbox 360, PS4, PS Vita 2000, GBA SP, GBA Micro, 2DS. Wanting a PS3 and Wii U, maybe a Vita TV.
Trading BL 2 Vita code for $15 in eShop/XBL points. PM for trade
#57funguy10Posted 8/23/2014 1:15:57 PM
TC you have nothing on me lol. I am 47 and been gaming since it all first started. I will be playing games till I am dead. I also play electric guitar and love board games. So why quite something you love?

Here is my philosophy. You are what you love, not what loves you! So don't base your life around what makes others happy. Do what makes you happy!
#58ColaChewitsPosted 8/23/2014 1:24:40 PM
The sole reason that I am so into games now (at 32 years old) is because my grandfather, who was in his late fifties at the time, bought himself an Acorn Electron when I was four years old. He not only used to play games (his favourite series was Repton; he even joined the fan club!) but he used to program them too. Eventually, he started swapping games with another middle-aged guy across the street.

Ultimately, whether we are too old or not for something is entirely down to you, but I've found this quote from C.S. Lewis to be particularly appropriate to this kind of discussion in the past:

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow.

But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”
#59Nick BlazePosted 8/23/2014 1:26:34 PM
Short answer: no.

Long answer: Games are just another form of media and are not intended to be 'just for kids' as it has a varying demographic. You should not let what others think is "age appropriate" define what you enjoy. Many older women read the Twilight books, for example, and many older people enjoy Harry Potter. It's never wrong to play it, if you enjoy it.

It is wrong, however, to let video games control your life (not that I think this is OP's problem). As you age, you get more responsibilities. I, too, am 27. I have a 1 year, 8 month old and a daughter on the way next month. I've been off on my own since I was 16, and I have a full-time job, and pay all rent and utilities. My wife and I have made an offer on a house and will likely close on it within the month.

That's a lot of things to interfere with game playing time, and that's fine. I'm more than happy to care for my child instead of playing games, and playing games only when it doesn't interfere with my responsibilities as an adult. I also played Pokemon X recently and I don't mind telling people that I do play video games or even play Pokemon. My wife and I are currently playing Tales of Xillia. I'm playing Nobunaga's Ambition on the PS2 when my wife's at work and I have the kid, as well as various DS games (Pokemon and Avalon Code, ATM) when I'm away from the house and on breaks.

That's why I love the DS/3DS, because I can play them for a minute or two, here and there when I have the downtime and it works better in a busy lifestyle.
---
"Kingdoms long united, must divide. Long divided, must unite."
#60PimpMyRhydonPosted 8/23/2014 2:01:17 PM
VannofThursday posted...
hmm youre right i think this is early midlife crisis.
The truth that only 3 years left and ill be 30 makes me think that i should take life much more seriously even abandoning the things that i like and makes me childish.
Should i see a doctor?lol

Don't even worry about it dude. Do what makes you happy, so long as it isn't hurting anyone.
---
I'm sorry, dear... but I'm just not ready to apologize.
NNID: HaiKirinoNeesama