What If Nintendo Allows Us To Play Against Each Other Via. 3DS & Wii U?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What If Nintendo Allows Us To Play Against Each Other Via. 3DS & Wii U?
11 months ago#1
What if Nintendo lets us play with players 3DS & Wii U together. I know its possible and can be done & if they did that, it would be a system seller for both games....For example make a map that's the same for Wii U & 3DS. Both versions are the same but have different maps. So my question to you guys is -- Would this be a good idea if they did that or no? Please explain...
---
Viva Nintendo
11 months ago#2
*This is for Super Smash Bros. I forgot to add that in -- Sorry guys I'm still new here.
---
Viva Nintendo
11 months ago#3
It can happen on stages that aren't exclusive to either the 3DS or WiiU. Can they do it? Yeah. Will they? Nah. The only game that comes to mind is that chess game >_>
---
GT/NNID: DynoStorm, 3DS FC: 0490-5734-9700
Currently playing: Pokemon Y(Ground Safari: Diggersby, Nincada, Wooper), SMT IV, Mario Kart 7
11 months ago#4
I thought cross play was already confirmed to not happen.
---
Official King of PotD
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
11 months ago#5
I feel like they should implement it......

It would be a good thing.
11 months ago#6
^^^I still think they could implement it via DLC patch.

They are probably testing out 3DS netcode first and with Wii U version coming out later, maybe a cross-plat-play patch soon after Wii U SMASH drops.
---
XBL GamerTag: NamiXJin
PSN~PSV ID: JinZer069 + 3DS FC: 5300-9619-1452
11 months ago#7
If capcom did it with monster hunter 3G. Nintendo can too. You can play with 3ds/wii u at same time.
---
Screenshot it or it didnt happen.
11 months ago#8
Kyoshiro12345 posted...
If capcom did it with monster hunter 3G. Nintendo can too. You can play with 3ds/wii u at same time.

This is only true for MH3U because the 3DS and Wii U versions of the game are identical, gameplay wise, and the Wii U game was specifically coded to be compatible with the 3DS game.
11 months ago#9
Thunderbird8 posted...
Kyoshiro12345 posted...

This is only true for MH3U because the 3DS and Wii U versions of the game are identical, gameplay wise, and the Wii U game was specifically coded to be compatible with the 3DS game.

This.
Let us not forget that the WiiU and 3ds may share I think 4 stages the same. Essentially think of Sonic Lost World
---
Nintendo Network/PSN: Desertking24/Steam:Desertking23
Currently playing: Deadly Sin 2 (PC)/Mega Man Zero (GBA)
11 months ago#10
Yeah I hope so, I did see a picture on Miiverse where the 3DS menu had a Wii U option.
---
Viva Nintendo
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What If Nintendo Allows Us To Play Against Each Other Via. 3DS & Wii U?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived