Anyone else fall completely outside the norm?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Anyone else fall completely outside the norm?
9 months ago#1
I seem to have the complete opposite opinion of most people I know.

I hate Madden.
I hate Call of Duty.
I hated Soul Sacrifice.
I hate Monster Hunter.
I love Ace Attorney and visual novel games. These games usually receive a score of 7 at most, if they're even reviewed, and are hard to find in stores because they assume no one wants them.
I love obscure Jrpgs. These games also usually receive a score of 7 at most, if they're even reviewed, and are hard to find in stores because they assume no one wants them.
When I had a ds and my friends were playing the popular games, I was playing Ouendan 1 and 2, Daigasso Band Brothers, Shonen Jump Ultimate Stars, Densetsu no Stafi, Rhythm Tengoku Gold, etc..
Whenever I go to buy a game, like Akiba's Trip for vita or Tales of Xillia for ps3, the clerk is always like "are you here for _______?" and I say no and tell them what game I want and they're like "oh. We have like one copy."
I mean sure I still play a lot of normal popular games too but I still have this feeling most of the time that I'm in disagreement with half the world. When I tell people I hated Soul Sacrifice or Fire a Emblem or Monster Hunter they're always like "WTF??? It's the best game ever I out 290 hours into it you must be trolling!!" It's annoying.
---
Nintendo ID: TheDreadedZero
Playing Pokemon Black 2 & God of War Collection. Soon to be playing Pokemon Omega Ruby & Professor Layton Vs Phoenix Wright
9 months ago#2
MetalGearOnAcid posted...

I hate Madden.
I hate Call of Duty.
I hated Soul Sacrifice.
I LOVE Monster Hunter.
I LOVE Ace Attorney and visual novel games.
I love Jrpgs

---
3DS FC: 0533-4875-0540 PSN:Leek0919
Now playing: EOU(3DS) Bravely Default (3DS) Dragon's Crown (VITA) Muramasa Rebirth (VITA)
9 months ago#3
Hate Madden.
Hate CoD.
Didn't like Soul Sacrifice.
Adore Monster Hunter.
Meh about AA.
From what I played (Danganronpa) I like visual novel games.
I love JRPGs.
I love the Vita.
---
Currently Playing: Divinity: Original Sin, Atelier Rorona Plus
3DS FC: 2707-2560-1312 JP3DS: 1907-9095-4490 PSN: Ashurii09 Wii U: Tetrisash
9 months ago#4
We may be the same person (though I am willing to give Monster Hunter a shot, simply because it's got a lot of hours of mileage for a pretty good price).

And for the record, I absolutely detest FPS in any form.
---
Friend Code: 5155-2976-5976
9 months ago#5
Well, I love Madden and Call of Duty. COD has fast paced arcade-like gameplay that I enjoy playing with my friends, but I can't wait to play ORAS, Smash Bros, and most importantly, Phoenix Wright VS Professor Layton. My favorite genre is RPGs though, I've got almost 500 hours in Xenoblade. I don't know many people who enjoy sports games, COD, and RPGs.
---
Proud owner of PS4, Wii U, and 3DS. Generation-winning combination right there.
I can rhyme anytime. 3DS FC: 4596-9744-5868
9 months ago#6
MetalGearOnAcid-

I am in complete agreement with you.

I despise the brown-tinted CODs and their clones, which is why the latest console generation has been unappealing to me, to state it mildly. I make a habit of tracking down unusual and interesting games (of which most happen to be on the DS, interestingly enough). This is why my library consists of a lot of Cing titles, like Trace Memory, Hotel Dusk and Last Window, and why I own a copy of Sands of Destruction (which almost nobody has ever heard of) and Time Hollow (which is also a game that almost nobody seems to have ever heard of).
---
Let's all laugh at an industry that never learns anything, tee hee hee!
- Zero Punctuation
9 months ago#7
I love anything that isn't a sports game.

Call of Duty, Mario Kart, World of Warcraft, Halo, obscure JRPG's. Literally anything.
---
Now make some chicken!
9 months ago#8
For my age, yes. Platformers (mostly DKC and Rayman) are my favorite types of games. Specifically challenging ones.
I do, however, adore MH3U.
---
Metroid = Rayman > All
Rayman is in Smash!
(edited by Xynaxus64)
9 months ago#9
pretty sure you are the "norm" on this board, TC.

But I'LL BURN YOU ON THE STAKE FOR HATING MH.
am i j/k? :/
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
(edited by Primum_Mobile)
9 months ago#10
irulethegalaxy posted...
We may be the same person (though I am willing to give Monster Hunter a shot, simply because it's got a lot of hours of mileage for a pretty good price).

And for the record, I absolutely detest FPS in any form.

I forgot to state that I hate fps games with a passion, with the exception of Mirrors Edge, Portal 1 and 2, and maybe Bioshock.
---
Nintendo ID: TheDreadedZero
Playing Pokemon Black 2 & God of War Collection. Soon to be playing Pokemon Omega Ruby & Professor Layton Vs Phoenix Wright
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Anyone else fall completely outside the norm?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived