Anyone else fall completely outside the norm?

#1MetalGearOnAcidPosted 8/28/2014 7:17:23 PM
I seem to have the complete opposite opinion of most people I know.

I hate Madden.
I hate Call of Duty.
I hated Soul Sacrifice.
I hate Monster Hunter.
I love Ace Attorney and visual novel games. These games usually receive a score of 7 at most, if they're even reviewed, and are hard to find in stores because they assume no one wants them.
I love obscure Jrpgs. These games also usually receive a score of 7 at most, if they're even reviewed, and are hard to find in stores because they assume no one wants them.
When I had a ds and my friends were playing the popular games, I was playing Ouendan 1 and 2, Daigasso Band Brothers, Shonen Jump Ultimate Stars, Densetsu no Stafi, Rhythm Tengoku Gold, etc..
Whenever I go to buy a game, like Akiba's Trip for vita or Tales of Xillia for ps3, the clerk is always like "are you here for _______?" and I say no and tell them what game I want and they're like "oh. We have like one copy."
I mean sure I still play a lot of normal popular games too but I still have this feeling most of the time that I'm in disagreement with half the world. When I tell people I hated Soul Sacrifice or Fire a Emblem or Monster Hunter they're always like "WTF??? It's the best game ever I out 290 hours into it you must be trolling!!" It's annoying.
---
Nintendo ID: TheDreadedZero
Playing Pokemon Black 2 & God of War Collection. Soon to be playing Pokemon Omega Ruby & Professor Layton Vs Phoenix Wright
#2yomomma0919Posted 8/28/2014 7:20:06 PM
MetalGearOnAcid posted...

I hate Madden.
I hate Call of Duty.
I hated Soul Sacrifice.
I LOVE Monster Hunter.
I LOVE Ace Attorney and visual novel games.
I love Jrpgs

---
3DS FC: 0533-4875-0540 PSN:Leek0919
Now playing: EOU(3DS) Bravely Default (3DS) Dragon's Crown (VITA) Muramasa Rebirth (VITA)
#3LeanaunfurledPosted 8/28/2014 7:23:25 PM
Hate Madden.
Hate CoD.
Didn't like Soul Sacrifice.
Adore Monster Hunter.
Meh about AA.
From what I played (Danganronpa) I like visual novel games.
I love JRPGs.
I love the Vita.
---
Currently Playing: Divinity: Original Sin, Atelier Rorona Plus
3DS FC: 2707-2560-1312 JP3DS: 1907-9095-4490 PSN: Ashurii09 Wii U: Tetrisash
#4irulethegalaxyPosted 8/28/2014 7:23:27 PM
We may be the same person (though I am willing to give Monster Hunter a shot, simply because it's got a lot of hours of mileage for a pretty good price).

And for the record, I absolutely detest FPS in any form.
---
Friend Code: 5155-2976-5976
#5NavySphealPosted 8/28/2014 7:24:30 PM
Well, I love Madden and Call of Duty. COD has fast paced arcade-like gameplay that I enjoy playing with my friends, but I can't wait to play ORAS, Smash Bros, and most importantly, Phoenix Wright VS Professor Layton. My favorite genre is RPGs though, I've got almost 500 hours in Xenoblade. I don't know many people who enjoy sports games, COD, and RPGs.
---
Proud owner of PS4, Wii U, and 3DS. Generation-winning combination right there.
I can rhyme anytime. 3DS FC: 4596-9744-5868
#6AmandaDanielPosted 8/28/2014 7:29:37 PM
MetalGearOnAcid-

I am in complete agreement with you.

I despise the brown-tinted CODs and their clones, which is why the latest console generation has been unappealing to me, to state it mildly. I make a habit of tracking down unusual and interesting games (of which most happen to be on the DS, interestingly enough). This is why my library consists of a lot of Cing titles, like Trace Memory, Hotel Dusk and Last Window, and why I own a copy of Sands of Destruction (which almost nobody has ever heard of) and Time Hollow (which is also a game that almost nobody seems to have ever heard of).
---
Let's all laugh at an industry that never learns anything, tee hee hee!
- Zero Punctuation
#7TheTitan99Posted 8/28/2014 7:38:24 PM
I love anything that isn't a sports game.

Call of Duty, Mario Kart, World of Warcraft, Halo, obscure JRPG's. Literally anything.
---
Now make some chicken!
#8Xynaxus64Posted 8/28/2014 7:41:52 PM(edited)
For my age, yes. Platformers (mostly DKC and Rayman) are my favorite types of games. Specifically challenging ones.
I do, however, adore MH3U.
---
Metroid = Rayman > All
Rayman is in Smash!
#9Primum_MobilePosted 8/28/2014 7:42:27 PM(edited)
pretty sure you are the "norm" on this board, TC.

But I'LL BURN YOU ON THE STAKE FOR HATING MH.
am i j/k? :/
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
#10MetalGearOnAcid(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2014 7:42:37 PM
irulethegalaxy posted...
We may be the same person (though I am willing to give Monster Hunter a shot, simply because it's got a lot of hours of mileage for a pretty good price).

And for the record, I absolutely detest FPS in any form.

I forgot to state that I hate fps games with a passion, with the exception of Mirrors Edge, Portal 1 and 2, and maybe Bioshock.
---
Nintendo ID: TheDreadedZero
Playing Pokemon Black 2 & God of War Collection. Soon to be playing Pokemon Omega Ruby & Professor Layton Vs Phoenix Wright