Kinect Ghost?

#1DissectionalPosted 11/8/2010 10:42:40 AM
So let me preface this by saying I dont necessarily believe in ghosts, although I do find the idea kind of creepy. I've never had any first-hand encounters or anything...but I digress...

So we're playing Kinect Sports, and I'm controlling the screen when a second, grayed out hand comes on the screen. Its basically kinect recognizing player 2, but there is no player 2. My girlfriend was way off to the side, and she began to move around to confirm it wasn't her. Now its important to note that in order for a hand to show up on the screen, the kinect needs to register another physical form in the room, because how can it find a hand if it can't first find the body that owns the hand? So this gray hand starts moving around, completely independent of my hand onscreen. Then, the gray hand lights up and takes over, like my hand was unrecognized and the "ghost" hand took control of screen. Well, it didnt really do anything, just floated around for a bit, then i got control back. When i went to the next screen in game, it was gone...

So, I found this extremely creepy. Like I said, the scary part is it can't find another hand on screen without another "body", and there's no way anything else in my room could have done it, unless first taking a somewhat human form. Any thoughts?

TL;DR - There's a ghost in my Kinect!
---
GT - FR0 MAGNUM
#2Decoy123Posted 11/8/2010 12:33:24 PM

are you the keymaster?

it hasnt happend to me, but maybe it was reading your shadow cast against the wall?

#3Dissectional(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2010 2:39:32 PM
Don't know. Definitely not shadow, though. Wall's too far back, and only light on was ceiling light, meaning shadow was on floor.
---
GT - FR0 MAGNUM
#4Hard2theK0rePosted 11/8/2010 11:42:27 PM
Jesus that is creepy
#5Dissectional(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2010 9:20:30 AM
I agree and I'm trying to keep this thread alive just in case it happens to someone else. This board is kinda dead...
---
GT - FR0 MAGNUM
#6The_Man_FromUKPosted 11/9/2010 11:09:28 AM
The board will come alive after tomorrow when us in the UK have Kinect and the game.

**** you Game for delivering 3 Kinect games today but no Kinect hardware till tomorrow!

---
Xbox Live Gamertag(s) RICHYALLEN, RICHALLEN2010, RICHALLEN2010UK.
#7buftPosted 11/13/2010 9:12:37 AM
@Dissectional me and my buddy just had a similar experience while sitting playing kinect we took a break to grab a beer and while out of the way of the sensor a wierd shape rolled past the sensor and the kinnect IR picture started glowing white in two spots as if it had detected hands. im gonna put a blog up soon about my experience.
#8kamehame_x4Posted 11/14/2010 1:32:17 AM
Wow, that's crazy. I would probably flip if that happened to me
---
XBL GT: Mistafyed
Playing Halo Reach, NHL 11, Dead Rising 2, Svr 2011.
#9cyberzoidPosted 11/14/2010 12:06:51 PM
i am having problems with it too,it shows no hands on mine.it recognises my profile but there are no hands on screen.thing is i can access the pause menu.i have tried several times to no avail.even deleted game saves and started again.still no response.yet kinect works with all my other kinect games.
any one know how to solve this issue.
#10vinnygnyPosted 11/16/2010 3:43:15 PM
i don't know if this has anything to do with yours but when my dog came in at me while i was playing hurdle it recognized her as my leg (she jumps high) and i started going really fast. maybe there was something by your hand or maybe your other hand, your shirt maybe?
---
i'm behind you....