is there multiplayer for this game?

#1feryl06Posted 12/1/2010 6:47:40 AM

I just wanted to know how many people can play this game simulatneously. Thanks. From what I've read, there was no info.on multiplayer. It would be disappointing if there wasn't considering it's a party game.

#2WestXIIIPosted 12/1/2010 12:03:05 PM
Yes there is multiplayer.

I've only played alittle bit but from what I've done. you can do like a u got served dance battle where you switch off.
#3Johnny_SinisterPosted 12/1/2010 1:57:28 PM
The only multiplayer in the game is 'Dance Battle'. You select a song, player 1 jumps in to do the dance routine. Then, it will prompt player 2 to jump in and do the same routine. This goes back and forth and you try to beat each others score.

So to answer your question, there is multiplayer, but only 1 person can dance at a time.
---
It's all or nothing. And nothing is all I ever get.
Gamer Tag: Johnny Sinister
#4panic10Posted 12/1/2010 3:57:42 PM
^ not true, you can also have friends stand behind you & dance as your back up dancers. however its all local & no online mulitiplayer.
#5antytonyPosted 12/1/2010 11:35:08 PM
It's a yes and no for multiplayer. yes you can have multiple people dance at the same time; the game will even keep track of them. No because the game only gives a score for one person. If you really need to have scores for more than one person then you will need to play dance battle, but if you just want to have a fun time with a lot of people and not care about the score then the regular dance mode is fine
#6Johnny_SinisterPosted 12/2/2010 9:15:53 PM
^ not true, you can also have friends stand behind you & dance as your back up dancers. however its all local & no online mulitiplayer.

I suppose, but it doesn't do anything.

It would almost be like playing a single player game, and saying it is multiplayer because your friend picks up a controller that isn't plugged in and pretends like he is playing as well.

It isn't any different than when my dog runs in front of my feet and shows up in the sensor box. The kinect identifies there is something there, but cannot incorporate it into gameplay. The kinect is only focusing on one person. If anything, backup dancers may actually confuse the sensor.

---
#7panic10Posted 12/3/2010 1:53:28 PM
^ that makes sense, very good points too. wish it had multiplayer & online.
#8Johnny_SinisterPosted 12/3/2010 5:56:50 PM
Yeah, me too. I am hoping that the overlooking of proper multiplayer was due to getting Dance Central prepped for Kinect launch.

The sequel is already in the works, so lets hope they put some proper multiplayer in it this time.
---
#9panic10Posted 12/4/2010 10:25:45 PM
^ ya i agree as harmonix did a last minute recall. lots of games suffer from no online play. i think this should be mandatory.