Gold Stars NOT based on percentage of moves passed?

#1TargetBoyPosted 12/26/2010 2:01:40 PM
So I've been working on getting gold stars in this game and have been running into problems. I've gotten 100% on some songs (not many, but a few), gotten five blue stars, but no gold stars. Other songs I've gotten 96% and gotten five gold stars. Also, sometimes I've gotten gold stars even after failing a move altogether. Hmm...

So I looked up how gold stars are gotten in Rock Band (the same company makes both Rock Band and Dance Central) and in that game it's based on total score; something like getting a little more than 1.5 times the 5 star score.

Does this sound right to anyone else for Dance Central?
---
I wish outer space guys would conquer the Earth and make people their pets,
because I'd like to have one of those little beds with my name on it.
#2blessedgoddessPosted 12/27/2010 1:35:46 PM
Yes don't forget moves correct in a row and the number of flawless moves matters a lot. You have to get highscores for gold. Sure you could find a list.

---
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/product.aspx?ean=9780557677597
Help a starving artist take a look at my E-book
#3Ard0rPosted 12/29/2010 11:14:36 AM
I'm working on gold starring as well. But from what I remember, every time I've gotten 100%, I've also gotten gold stars.

Yes, it does seem to be based on score, not on the percentage. But the percentage is usually a good guide.

80% for 5 stars. 96% for gold stars. Usually, this is accurate.

I guess it is possible to get 100% nice, and not a single flawless and fail to get enough points.
#4TargetBoy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2010 8:36:27 PM
I think you're right, it's based on score and not percentage (although they are related).

Ard0r, i think I'd like to be described that way; "100% nice, but not flawless." :)

---
I wish outer space guys would conquer the Earth and make people their pets,
because I'd like to have one of those little beds with my name on it.
#5CelebiiFreakNicPosted 12/30/2010 12:32:49 AM

I actually just got my first Gold Stars today, Maneater on Medium but whatever. I was actually kinda surprised...I didn't get a 100% because I got a Yellow on the finisher, but I got the Gold a few moves before the finish , I got a lot of nices with some flawlesses.

#6Ard0rPosted 12/30/2010 5:48:57 AM
It feels great when you start to get gold stars for hard difficulty on the harder songs. It requires a fair amount of practice to gold star the harder songs. For some songs, I have to do a TON of practice.

I don't know why, but I found it pretty easy to gold star Maneater on hard.
#7PineappleDonkeyPosted 1/3/2011 5:04:04 AM
In rock band gold stars are based on points so I'd assume the same for this. A flawless gives more points than a nice, but both count for "passing" the move so that's why it doesn't matter about passing percentage
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/theTruJello
Please check out, subscribe, comment, rate. Thanks.