Anyone lose any weight with this yet?

#1ZemataPosted 11/29/2010 9:04:53 AM
Just wondering. How's it compare to wii fit?
---
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zemata/ = My Lego Things. Please Look!
http://flipnote.hatena.com/5FF25D3051DA81C0@DSi/ = My Flipnotes. Please watch!
#2darkchylde07Posted 11/29/2010 7:48:59 PM
Dont know I've had mine for less then a week tho. However burned over 1000 cals already. Plus pretty much every game you play on kinect is a fairly good workout

---
"theres no I in team but theres an I in win."
#3Bear_in_ActionPosted 12/1/2010 11:41:12 PM
To be honest, I think this is a lot better.
The difference is that in Your Shape, you see your entire body on the screen. The motion tracker tracks your whole body, and the game is quite strict about getting your movements right. It is easy to see what you are doing wrong and it's easier to correct yourself, hence better work out, better result.

Wii Fit was good, but the problem is that it determines right or wrong based on weight sensor. Even if you're doing things wrong with your upper body, the game doesn't know and you can't improve. (Trust me, a LOT of people think they get it right when they are completely wrong)

I'm on the light side, and I haven't been trying to lose weight, but this game has improved my overall strength since I got it.
#41TruKingPosted 12/2/2010 6:53:54 PM
wii fit is absolutely terrible as the above poster mentioned. This is better but still not as good as going to the gym or doing a real workout program in the home. Oddly enough its also more epensive than one of the better workout programs.
---
Build a man a fire and he's warm for hours. Light a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life
#5Bear_in_ActionPosted 12/2/2010 11:07:10 PM
^ Better work out programs cost less than 50$? I guess situation varies, I already owned a XBox for playing games like Halo, and I bought Kinect for Dance Central and DanceMasters. The cost of a XBox and Kinect, for me, aren't and shouldn't be included in the "Fitness Budget".

But please do share, what workout programs costs less than 50$? I'm not familiar with the market price.
#61TruKingPosted 12/3/2010 7:24:26 PM
Well to use FE you need kinect which is 150 by itself. I'll assume you already have the 360 and toss that out then you buy the game for 50. p90x you can get for 130. p90x+ you can get for 60. The fitness evolved workouts are 20 minutes and studies indicate that you need minimum of 20 minutes for exercise benefits to be gained so this really isn't likely to really be effective. compare the results of 130 for p90x and even 50 for FE and you'll see you're getting MAJORLY ripped off. My friend insisted I check out his FE and I laughed at it. I gave him my copies of p90 and he still wasn't bothering to do it but compare the results I got in my first month to the results he's gotten in the first month and its laughable at best.

Sorry to tell you but you wasted your money.
---
Build a man a fire and he's warm for hours. Light a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life
#7SilverHawk887Posted 12/3/2010 9:22:25 PM
i lost 6 lbs in 3 days with this game
---
#8lambruscoPosted 12/3/2010 10:16:58 PM
I have no clue if I lost weight, but I feel great.

...After the 3 days of felling like I've been beaten up with a baseball bat.

But seriously, after I was done being sore, I'm feeling much better in my skin.

---
Spiel Macht Frei.
#9Bear_in_ActionPosted 12/4/2010 3:14:42 AM

truking posted...
Well to use FE you need kinect which is 150 by itself. I'll assume you already have the 360 and toss that out then you buy the game for 50. p90x you can get for 130. p90x+ you can get for 60. The fitness evolved workouts are 20 minutes and studies indicate that you need minimum of 20 minutes for exercise benefits to be gained so this really isn't likely to really be effective. compare the results of 130 for p90x and even 50 for FE and you'll see you're getting MAJORLY ripped off. My friend insisted I check out his FE and I laughed at it. I gave him my copies of p90 and he still wasn't bothering to do it but compare the results I got in my first month to the results he's gotten in the first month and its laughable at best.

Sorry to tell you but you wasted your money.
---

Wait... the workouts are 20minutes, yes, but who only does exercise for 20 mins a day? The game doesn't shut down for the entire day after you do 20 minutes, you just continue to do exercise until you are satisfied. I play YS:FE for an hour everyday, what's with this 20 minutes talk?

And you shouldn't base the results entirely on the game. Do you and your friend eat exactly the same thing? Do you share the same body type? Do you share the same health condition? And are you both as determined? Everyone's case is different, that's why no one here on this board tells people, "you buy this, you will become such and such". What you missed entirely here is that YS: FE gives you feedback, while P90x doesn't. Having the interaction is what makes games like Wii Fit, Dance Central or YS fun and welcoming.

I'm quite skinny, and I'm already toned; I'm female and I don't want to be muscular. I bought YS to get myself out of the chair, and so far, the game satisfies my purpose. P90x worked for you, great, but it's honestly not what I was looking for. :)

#101TruKingPosted 12/4/2010 7:09:39 AM
Wait... the workouts are 20minutes, yes, but who only does exercise for 20 mins a day? The game doesn't shut down for the entire day after you do 20 minutes, you just continue to do exercise until you are satisfied. I play YS:FE for an hour everyday, what's with this 20 minutes talk?

And you shouldn't base the results entirely on the game. Do you and your friend eat exactly the same thing? Do you share the same body type? Do you share the same health condition? And are you both as determined? Everyone's case is different, that's why no one here on this board tells people, "you buy this, you will become such and such". What you missed entirely here is that YS: FE gives you feedback, while P90x doesn't. Having the interaction is what makes games like Wii Fit, Dance Central or YS fun and welcoming.

I'm quite skinny, and I'm already toned; I'm female and I don't want to be muscular. I bought YS to get myself out of the chair, and so far, the game satisfies my purpose. P90x worked for you, great, but it's honestly not what I was looking for. :)

We have the same body type for the most part but he was in better shape than I am and he was far healthier than I am.

Why isn't it what you were looking for:? It tones you up better and faster than FE does. It doesn't make you muscular unless you choose to go that route. I don't think you really understand how exercise works based on your comments and I know you don't understand how p90 works. Basically it does everything FE does except better. If you workout an hour a day you could be doing p90 and be much healthier than doing FE. Just sounds like you wasted your money. p90 you can get free and it works better. FE you have to pay and it works worse. Not following the logic.

---