Remember when Star Wars games use to be good?

#1MrArmageddon8Posted 4/12/2012 10:50:48 PM

Seriously why is the gaming elements of the franchise been taking such a nose dive lately? I remember when almost every Star Wars game was one of quality, Tie Fighter, Rogue Squadron, The Dark Forces/ Jedi Knight games, Kotor, and Galaxy at War. Wtf happened are they trying to cater to kids or something?

#2ebc1973Posted 4/13/2012 3:20:32 AM
Every single Star Wars game I have played in the past was ridiculously simple if the easiest difficulty level was selected. I have played a ton of them, and on the easiest setting, you can basically complete any level simply by button mashing. Revenge of the Sith is a great example with the lightsaber battles. You need no strategy, just randomly push buttons until you win. This is different. You can't flail your arms about wildly, and expect to pass your objective. This game requires precision. I will say the controls are hard to get at first, but once you find your "groove", the controls respond perfectly!
---
I'm with that jaded, faded, junkie nurse, oh what pleasant company.
#3NTJack0Posted 4/14/2012 12:53:59 AM
Yes, like the battlefront games, or KOTOR, the era of great SW games is over, though.
#4kalinostPosted 4/14/2012 7:51:02 AM
Kinect Star Wars IS good. The main story gameplay kind of sucks because the Kinect doesn't really doesn't suit well to the type of gameplay it's going for. If you could play with a controller, It'd be alot more fun.

That being said, the minigames are a blast. I'd say the dance portion alone almost justifies the purchase value of the game. It also shows that the guys who made it not only have a wicked sense of humor, but also really loved what they were doing.

Also, Star wars games have long been hit and miss. Check back through the history. Maybe you just remember the good games, or aren't old enough to have played them all, but they're there. In fact, the majority of the recent games have been half decent.
#5Pinoy441Posted 4/14/2012 11:04:20 PM
If the only thing that really works well for your motion controls are pod racing and dancing, and not any part of your main game, then yeah the game is a bad game

If they were making a Dance Central DLC with SW chars then this game would be passable

For $50 though this is a skip
---
This Sentence Is True
^That Sentence Is False^
#6cywirePosted 4/20/2012 4:33:25 PM
I'm sorry, but I came into this topic expecting to see the line "Pepperidge Farm Remembers."

But the only thing that probably would have been cool would have been if they offered the game in two forms. You could buy the full game on a disc for $50 (and get everything). OR, you could buy the minigames separate off the marketplace. That way if someone wants one or two minigames, they would spend $13 per minigame (the duals of fate and padawan minigame would be together) and if they felt the urge to get the rest, then said consumer can.
#7BlockWatcherPosted 4/22/2012 4:26:51 PM
ebc1973 posted...
Every single Star Wars game I have played in the past was ridiculously simple if the easiest difficulty level was selected.

Play Xwing
---
Ron Paul can still save U.S.
#8Board_hunter567Posted 4/23/2012 5:14:36 PM
So I just recently got around to watching the Free Radical Battlefield 3 footage.

I am sad now.
#9J_aaronPosted 5/5/2012 10:57:18 PM

I'd say the dance portion alone almost justifies the purchase value of the game. It also shows that the guys who made it not only have a wicked sense of humor, but also really loved what they were doing.

One mini-game does not make this game worth it. This game is crap just deal with it.
---
I AM KING OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PSN: thegreatjoshini
#10ebc1973Posted 5/11/2012 3:30:24 AM
I'm a Star Wars Veteran. Played X-wing. And Tie Fighter. And X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter, X-Wing Alliance, Rebel Assault series, Jedi Knight Series, Rogue Squadron, Shadows of the Empire, etc. ALL are simple on easiest difficulty! Button mashing works with all of the aforementioned games on easy!
---
I'm with that jaded, faded, junkie nurse, oh what pleasant company.