which car has the highest top speed?

#1jordoneus121Posted 6/6/2012 5:29:20 PM
i've looked on the boards but can seem to find a decent answer. which car has the overall fastest top speed? thx
---
"One of my hardest parts of my job is to console family members who have lost their lives" - George Bush
Gamertag: jordoneus121
#2RUNwhenCOPScomePosted 6/6/2012 5:30:33 PM
I don't know the answer, but..... top speed does not win races. Unless the course is de la Sarthe errtime.
---
Number of Major TOS violations overturned: 1. 8)
#3jordoneus121(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2012 5:33:57 PM
I know it has nothing to do with races top speed is utterly useless and ruins the PI in my opinion but im just curious which car has the fastest top speed. I know a few cars can get to around 270mph but which can squeeze out more than the others? thx
---
"One of my hardest parts of my job is to console family members who have lost their lives" - George Bush
#4Frisco557Posted 6/6/2012 5:55:45 PM(edited)
I think Pez's Boxster wins that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAFS_k9DFy4

Though in game it's probably the SSC Ultimate Aero, Vemon GT, or maybe an RX7 if that still happens in this.
---
Proud owner of an '88 Peugeot.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e14/frisco557/103_0809.jpg
#5jordoneus121(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2012 5:39:09 PM
i appreciate the responses guys but does anyone have a concrete answer for which specific car is the fastest or a tune i could download that goes lets say more than 273mph? thx
---
#6RUNwhenCOPScomePosted 6/6/2012 5:40:52 PM
Well, it's almost pointless to bicker over this as with a little tuning here and there one car can be the fastest and a different one the fastest the next day. I don't have any DLC cars, but the SSC Ultimate Aero is pretty impressive. It's been awhile since I drove it but the way it accelerates is unlike any other car. Pretty much all the cars in this game after 200mph gain speed SLOWLY, even on straights. But the Aero is like... 170 mph to 230 mph in a second.
---
#7jordoneus121(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2012 5:43:03 PM
i wasnt meaning to bicker ive just seen a lot of discussion and wondered if there was a certain car that was the undisputed fastest. also there are so many tunes claiming ridiculous top speeds but when downloaded dont come close to delivering. idk im just bored and wanna go really fast just wanted to know which car can do it lol
---
#8RUNwhenCOPScomePosted 6/6/2012 5:47:11 PM
Well, the Ultimate Aero is the most impressive car I've driven in terms of speed and acceleration. But ya boy ain't got no DLC.
---
#9MinunSSPosted 6/6/2012 5:48:23 PM
If you have DLC, I'd start with the Ultima or the Henessey Venom. If you don't, SSC UA is the way to go.

Personally I prefer to run Old Mulsanne in lower classes where there's actually a purpose for all that horsepower - it tops the leaderboards. 1000 hp on tiny old tires FTW!
---
I can't hit all of the apexes on Positano, but I'm not as far off as I used to be.
#10pez2k_Posted 6/6/2012 5:52:03 PM
'maybe an RX7 if that still happens in this.'

No more 20B, so no more silly 990bhp RX7 builds either.

The Ultima GTR is good for 270mph literally just by buying all of the upgrades and extending the final drive ratio - you might be able to squeeze a couple more out with actual fine tuning.
---
Fixing Turn10's omissions since 2007.
http://www.youtube.com/user/pez2k