Fully upgraded H1

#1xoak73Posted 11/13/2011 3:46:31 PM
Has anyone done this and if so is it useful? and how fast can it go?
#2CiaraJansonFanPosted 11/13/2011 3:54:25 PM
Looking through the Auction House the best one I can see is an A Class car.

PI - 529
Speed - 5.6
Handling - 5.1
Acceleration - 6.7
Launch - 6.7
Braking - 5.9

As for actual use, I highly doubt it can do anything well. This is just the best one I've seen. I'm sure it could go a bit higher in some stats but not by much
#3ggj1987Posted 11/13/2011 3:57:05 PM
I was wondering the same thing ;)

Does anyone know if it's possible to get Hummer to affinity lvl 4 without buying upgrades?
#4Erik_PPosted 11/13/2011 4:02:50 PM
By racing with it.
---
GamerTag: ErikX1
Currently playing: Forza 4, Fallout New Vegas
#5xoak73(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2011 4:06:38 PM
So thats about 150-180 ish i dont have the game yet
#6ggj1987Posted 11/13/2011 4:12:09 PM
Erik P posted...
By racing with it.

I know, but which events can you win with the H1? Not many I think.
#7dark_minunPosted 11/13/2011 4:59:39 PM
I can win every F class event that it's eligible for with it. If you don't want to / can't do that, try a private lobby online vs. AI where you can choose the opponents' cars, or just run a few laps in Rivals mode.

Even if you don't win, you still get the exact same amount of XP so you'll still level up your Hummer affinity.

Has anyone done this

Yes, but not me personally.

and if so is it useful?

Fully upgrading a car is NEVER, EVER a good idea. This game puts cars in classes based on PI (yeah I know you already know that, I remember you from FM3.) A car when fully upgraded is almost guaranteed not to sit at the top of a car class, and is absolutely guaranteed to have more power than the car can handle and therefore not perform well against competition.

The Hummer in particular can be class limited in 5 classes, F through B, and due to it's immense weight it performs worse in each consecutive class.

Instag8or ran the Hummer against a Prius and a late 70s Mustang (in F class) in one of his Hotlap Challenges. I was the only one to run a Hummer, and I'm not the fastest guy there, but neither the Prius nor that Mustang top the leaderboards anywhere so the times you can find in that topic will give you an idea of how a tuned Hummer compares to the competition. Here's a link to the topic: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997653-forza-motorsport-4/60810428

and how fast can it go?

Define "fast".

It's top speed is abysmal, because it has the worst aerodynamics of any vehicle I've ever seen.

In terms of lap times on an average track, which is a much better way to determine a vehicle's usefullness in Forza, check the link I posted above, and assume that it's worse the further you upgrade it.

Because of the difference in skill level in that topic, I'd think it's safe to say that the Hummer would be 2-3 seconds slower per lap against an average car, if both are tuned well and driven by drivers of near-equal skill. That's on a track where lap times average close to 1:30.

One positive that the Hummer has is it's immense torque, from the Duramax Diesel engine. It will beat just about anything off the line, but only for a very short distance.

People online also seem to be scared s***less of it.
---
Just ignore him, he's from Quebec. - rammtay, on the GameFAQs Canada board
#8Lord_Waffles21Posted 11/13/2011 6:17:29 PM
Its fun to use in Virus Tag!
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ |||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
Colors!!!! Wheeee!!!
#9PokerChamp42Posted 11/14/2011 4:40:58 AM
Here's my Hummer:

A-528
V8, 7.4 L
593 HP
831 LB-FT
5968 LBS

It's surprisingly quick off the line because of AWD and immense torque, but it hits the redline really quickly and after that it's pretty slow.

Oh, and don't go over a curb too quickly because you'll roll it over.
---
I don't like adults with imaginary friends. Please don't litter your mind.
Proud to be atheist and vegetarian. http://veg-tv.info/Earthlings
#10PokerChamp42Posted 11/14/2011 4:42:29 AM
ggj1987 posted...
I was wondering the same thing ;)
Does anyone know if it's possible to get Hummer to affinity lvl 4 without buying upgrades?

Yeah, bowling events. Although, just upgrading to a street tire puts you almost at F200 and that costs almost nothing.
---
I don't like adults with imaginary friends. Please don't litter your mind.
Proud to be atheist and vegetarian. http://veg-tv.info/Earthlings