What is Forza 4 Essentials Edition?

#1MacBookAirPosted 11/28/2012 7:54:47 PM
What version of Forza 4 comes with the holiday bundle, and what is essentials edition? What is it missing that the full version doesn't have? Can I buy the full version from the Xbox store or if I want to get the rest of the content back to I have to go out and buy the full game? Will DLC work with the essential version?
---
No
#2MinunSSPosted 11/28/2012 8:31:26 PM
The full retail version has a second disc (install only) full of extra cars, 200 or more of them.

The Essentials Edition does NOT have that second disc, only disc 1. The only way to "upgrade" it to a full version is to buy the disc 2 content in chunks on the Marketplace, and it's ridiculously expensive there.

All of the DLC will work perfectly well with either version.

Even the Essentials Edition should have well over 200 cars though, so if you got it for free, keep it. Play it for a bit and if you decide you want the other 400-ish cars in the full game and DLC, check out what your most affordable option is.

DO NOT buy the Essentials Edition used, it's not worth any money you might save.
---
Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
#3MacBookAir(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 8:40:59 PM
MinunSS posted...
The full retail version has a second disc (install only) full of extra cars, 200 or more of them.

The Essentials Edition does NOT have that second disc, only disc 1. The only way to "upgrade" it to a full version is to buy the disc 2 content in chunks on the Marketplace, and it's ridiculously expensive there.

All of the DLC will work perfectly well with either version.

Even the Essentials Edition should have well over 200 cars though, so if you got it for free, keep it. Play it for a bit and if you decide you want the other 400-ish cars in the full game and DLC, check out what your most affordable option is.

DO NOT buy the Essentials Edition used, it's not worth any money you might save.

I have a friend who has Forza 4, can I use that disc to get all the content from him?
---
No
#4MinunSSPosted 11/28/2012 8:43:50 PM
No. After a number of people (including me) exploited that trick with Forza 3's Platinum Hits edition, they closed the loophole.

An Essentials Edition disc won't recognize Disc 2 content unless it's the stuff purchased from the Marketplace.
---
Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.