What Is The Best Drift Car

#1bobbyhobbyjellyPosted 7/18/2013 11:49:54 PM
How do you make a perfect drift car?
#2Blitz4532Posted 7/19/2013 12:16:04 AM
There is no definitively best car outside of what feels good for you. Something with good power and balance is ideal for beginners, which is why the Nissan Silvia series is popular. Really though, anything with a good chassis, a decent amount of power (nothing over the top needed) and at least AWD or RWD will be able to make something work.

If you like, I can give you a bit of coaching in game as to set up and technique. In the end though, you'll need to develop your own technique and way to set up the car as it has to be comfortable for you.
---
I am the Stig
#3Frisco557Posted 7/19/2013 5:04:16 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997653-forza-motorsport-4?search=drift+lap

if you kinda follow along with those challenges, you can get some practice in different cars.
---
Proud owner of an '88 Peugeot.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e14/frisco557/103_0809.jpg
#43CDEDPosted 7/19/2013 8:49:43 AM
bobbyhobbyjelly posted...
How do you make a perfect drift car?

there is no such thing.

you have to take into account your skill level, driving style, the track and even the track temp. thats before you even attempt a setup.

like frisco said go through the drift lap challenges but for the love of toyota don't even consider buying a setup off the storefront 99.9999% of the forza community doesn't know what they're doing.

the other 0.0001% is me and a couple of the guys i know.
---
Resident GFAQS Lancia Worshipper
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-oFv-_ypd0 www.youtube.com/watch?v=88SMR1UcacA www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbfZayu6SQ8
#5TheBlueStigPosted 7/19/2013 9:03:06 AM
Personally for me it's different cars on different tracks, some cars just don't work very well for drifting on some tracks but they're stellar for drifting on other tracks with the exact same setup.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#6SharkRacer140Posted 7/19/2013 10:08:56 AM
Blitz4532 posted...
There is no definitively best car outside of what feels good for you. Something with good power and balance is ideal for beginners, which is why the Nissan Silvia series is popular. Really though, anything with a good chassis, a decent amount of power (nothing over the top needed) and at least AWD or RWD will be able to make something work.

If you like, I can give you a bit of coaching in game as to set up and technique. In the end though, you'll need to develop your own technique and way to set up the car as it has to be comfortable for you.

This is pretty much spot-on. I can say that I just can't drive anyone else's drift cars now. The car has to be set up by me or it feels weird. And keep in mind that, as your skill progresses, you'll find that not every car works at every track, and not every set up works everywhere.

The biggest thing is to get a decent base set up, get good with that, then start experimenting as your style matures. Don't be afraid to try different cars! Some of my best cars are ones you would never think should be good. For instance, I just recently built an XJ220 as a drift car and it is fantastic.
---
GT - Paladin1034
I'm Linux b****, I thought you GNU.
#7Frumpy88Posted 7/21/2013 7:45:45 AM
Who cares what's "best". Drive the car(s) you like and make it drift.
---
B BAKD
#8DarkSlayer487Posted 7/21/2013 8:20:21 AM(edited)
Me personally, I drove nothing but 800+hp muscle cars for drifting.

Everything else just felt so odd. I felt like Jeremy Clarkson when making 500hp cars. I would test it and go " NEEDS MOAR POWAA " and then go balls to the wall.
---
Proud owner of a LS1 powered Ram Air Trans Am
http://i.imgur.com/yIEz9gc.jpg
#9greazy_vikingPosted 7/21/2013 10:35:25 PM
I'm similar to the post above. I prefer N/A or roots-blown V8's with at least 600lb-ft of torque, and lots of grip in the rear. Just experiment, and figure out what works best for you car + setup-wise.
---
GT: Greazy Viking - Playing: Skyrim, GTA4, Borderlands 2, Forza 4
#103CDEDPosted 7/22/2013 1:48:45 AM
actually thanks for reminding me of someting guys

starting with anything above 500hp is a very bad thing to do.

low hp cars require more skill to drive because you don't have the power to kick the tail out. you have to use other means to initiate and keep drifts going.

i see more and more people use high hp cars to start out and those are the idiots in the drift lobbies who think 15 degrees is a big angle.

using low hp and nailing the car control allows you to drive anything. once the car control is there you can drive 4 figure cars all day long. its setting up that foundation of car control that counts.
---
Resident GFAQS Lancia Worshipper
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-oFv-_ypd0 www.youtube.com/watch?v=88SMR1UcacA www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbfZayu6SQ8