Why No Ferrari?

#1matay2002Posted 8/29/2010 6:27:53 AM

if the reason is to save them for DLC, then im not supporting this action and won't buy the game, anyone knows if it's EA's decision of Ferrari's?

#2United_StatesPosted 8/29/2010 7:46:19 AM
Ferrari doesn't want their cars involved in illegal street racing with police chasing them.
---
I'm United_States, and I approve of this message.
#3Another_DenshuuPosted 8/29/2010 8:34:09 AM
No one ever said that there wouldn't be Ferraris in this game. You're jumping to conclusions.

Ferrari doesn't want their cars involved in illegal street racing with police chasing them.

No, Ferraris have been in plenty of Need For Speed games. Including Most Wanted and Hot Pursuit 2.
---
Shake the scene, you turkeys.
#4OurLadyPeacePosted 8/29/2010 8:51:16 AM
Who knows? Maybe Ferrari just wanted too much damn money this time and Criterion only had a certain about they were willing to spend on licensing?
---
Dawn Cherry for Miss West Lothian 2010
http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/6648/dawncherry.jpg
#5seedz252Posted 8/29/2010 10:18:35 AM
No, Ferraris have been in plenty of Need For Speed games. Including Most Wanted and Hot Pursuit 2.

O.O I must have bought the wrong copy of Most Wanted then. Cause I sure don't remember any Ferrari's.
---
http://i45.tinypic.com/1zbgk5f.gif
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=948965&topic=43809837
#6Another_DenshuuPosted 8/29/2010 10:30:04 AM
O.O I must have bought the wrong copy of Most Wanted then. Cause I sure don't remember any Ferrari's.

My bad, you're right. I was thinking of Hot Pursuit.
---
Shake the scene, you turkeys.
#7GlitchwerksPosted 8/29/2010 11:23:52 AM
I post this so much it should be stickied.

Ferrari stopped wanting to be associated with games involving illegal racing. They didn't come back to the series with Most Wanted. Furthermore, it's been alleged there is a disagreement between EA and Ferrari. EA managed to get hold of some sort of loophole which allowed them to release Ferrari, but only on the 360. Perhaps Turn 10 and EA shook hands and swapped Ferrari for Porsche? Who knows?

I've also read that the game Shift was before it became a Need for Speed game was going to specialize in Ferrari. And what we got was the stuff that was left over from development. At the very least, it wasn't a last second deal, as EA advertised that Ferrari would be coming back before the Shift's release, although they did it by hinting.

As for Ferrari wanting a lot of money, this could also be true. Ferrari are also known to be very strict about how their license is used.

Brands like Ferrari, Honda, and Porsche aren't always guaranteed in racing games any more.
---
Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible ****... me.
#8Solid SonicPosted 8/30/2010 5:31:11 AM
BACK IN MY DAY (well, not really), Ferrari was in the original NFS.
---
An easy indicator that you need to rethink your opinion is to disagree with me.
#9LOTRboy88Posted 8/31/2010 6:58:15 PM
I feel sorry for Glitch, he's answered this question way too many times, haha.

If Criterion really wants Hot Pursuit to be successful, then having Ferrari included in Hot Pursuit will help. Also, I really don't think Ferrari cares too much about the 'illegal racing' part, but more so the 'Fast and the Furious' part like Underground(2) and Undercover. Ferrari was a part of the pervious NFS games.

Honestly, I think we'll see Ferrari in a DLC pack, even though it may only contain two or three cars; I'm a sucker for the 458.
---
aow.bb2.org
#10GlitchwerksPosted 8/31/2010 7:34:14 PM
It seems they didn't care beforehand about their cars being in games like the original Hot Pursuit. But somewhere along the line they did start caring. They were in TDU, for example, but in a Ferrari you wouldn't pick up a police pursuit in that game, you'd only get a fine.

They've never shown up in any other game, apart from track racers, if my memory serves me correctly. There was one Ferrari in Midnight Club: Dub Remix, for example, but that was actually a Gemballa.

Anyway, we pretty much have the car list for the game now, so any further discussion is simply wishful thinking.
---
Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible ****... me.