Confirmation by Criterion - NO SPLIT-SCREEN

#1tbiz4Posted 9/13/2010 1:23:23 PM

After having sent an email about 2 months ago to Criterion in regards to split-screen for the xbox 360 for the second time, I received an email today telling me the following:

Tre - there is no split screen in NFS HP.
Criterion Games Staff

Electronic Arts Ltd, Registered office address Onslow House, Onslow Street, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4TN, UK. Reg. in England & Wales, Reg. No. 2057591

I've nothing else to say, other than that this is very disappointing.

#2devilsrudeboyPosted 9/13/2010 1:39:04 PM
To be fair, Burnout Paradise didn't have split screen either. So a game based on the same engine not having split screen is not surprising.
#3tbiz4(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2010 1:50:07 PM

Unfortunately, you are right.And as far as I'm concerned, if Criterion doesn't want to put thetime into a making a real NFS game, then they need to lose the keys to the franchise, and have them given to somebody who will do it right.

If this doesn't "Burnout" alot of people, I will be suprised. This same old stuff is old and is a rather pathetic excuse for Criterion.

#4GlitchwerksPosted 9/13/2010 2:21:05 PM
I'm curious, but is split screen really that important to a lot of people on here?

You do realize that in order to do split screen, they have to take away from other areas of the game in order to keep the performance consistent. This could mean graphics look worse, frame rate drops in active moments, and so on.

Would you want to take the performance hit in order to have split screen?
---
Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible ****... me.
#5tbiz4(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2010 3:32:12 PM

I guess the only reason I'm irritated is because this Need for Speed doesn't seem to offer a whole lot, and if they were truly taking it back to its roots, split screen would have been added. Not to mention how much more fun it is to play against people around you than it is to play when there's nobody there. Online play, IMO, takes the fun out of the game.

#6Another_DenshuuPosted 9/14/2010 4:53:47 AM
I haven't played a game split screen since I was a kid. We have the internet now. We don't need to do that anymore.
---
Shake the scene, you turkeys.
#7GlitchwerksPosted 9/14/2010 5:20:43 AM

I haven't played a game split screen since I was a kid. We have the internet now. We don't need to do that anymore.

We don't need to hang out with our friends any more? Thank goodness for the internet!
---
Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible ****... me.
#8Another_DenshuuPosted 9/14/2010 6:41:35 AM
Yeah, I don't need videogames to hang out with my friends. And neither does anyone else, from the looks of it. Split screen is dead.
---
#9GlitchwerksPosted 9/14/2010 7:44:04 AM

Yeah, I don't need videogames to hang out with my friends. And neither does anyone else, from the looks of it. Split screen is dead.

You're absolutely right. No one plays games with their friends any more. I don't know how Rockband is so successful as a party game.
---
#10DragKingLund08Posted 9/14/2010 8:03:52 AM

Another Denshuu posted...
---

playing games with mates while they're there is so much better than playing online, the only people who prefer online are mostly COD and Halo fan boys. and anyway loads of games still have splitscreen