NO Manual Transmission - IS THIS REAL?

#1Muttley01Posted 11/11/2010 1:32:10 AM
There is one fact and one rumour.

Fact:
There will be no split-screen offline co-op mode. Sad, but true.

Rumour:
There will be NO MANUAL TRANSMISSION in this game. - IS THIS REAL?

Let me add silently:
Both of them above did exist in the "prehistoric fossil" 2002 NFS: HP.
Now what?
#2Solid SonicPosted 11/11/2010 6:38:37 AM
There isn't a shift option on the controls menu, so I think you're right.
---
An easy indicator that you need to rethink your opinion is to disagree with me.
#3Dikke JanPosted 11/11/2010 7:08:30 AM
what the hell are you talking about no split screen?? You cant play this game with 2 players?!
---
"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river."
#4Samp98Posted 11/11/2010 7:34:42 AM
Who even likes Manual transmission?
---
Proud Rank 8 finish as Sampinator in Glitz Pit Season 1
Proud user of Spiketail in Glitz Pit Season 2, and proud partner with Desise in season 2.
#5takidigits2005Posted 11/11/2010 10:34:30 AM
^You couldn't play splitscreen in Burnout Paradise, either. So, Hot Pursuit not having splitscreen was kind of expected, but it still sucks for those who wanted it. : (
---
"You know I can't play without a GUI -TAR string, n-n-n-n-n-nephew!!!" --- Uncle Pecos
#6Solid SonicPosted 11/11/2010 11:30:44 AM
Thing is Hot Pursuit has guided races (you can't leave the race course once an event has started).

So why deny two players that option? If you're just going to race, the game only has to load that course into memory.
---
An easy indicator that you need to rethink your opinion is to disagree with me.
#7BloodGod65Posted 11/12/2010 6:46:40 PM

Umm... I'm not sure if you mean in real life, in video games, or both, but the answer is the same - anyone who likes real racing and knows how to properly operate a car.
---
No trees were harmed for this post, though a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
#8Masterc271Posted 11/12/2010 10:29:45 PM
The fact that Hot Pursuit 2 had Manual Transmission is irrelevant, Hot Pursuit 2 was made by Black Box, this is made by Criterion.
---
"...you know delta comes BEFORE alpha....right? Which is why they're called BETA tests...." --- Mob_Figgaz
#9fast2ghlPosted 11/14/2010 8:46:38 PM

Samp98 posted...
---
Proud user of Spiketail in Glitz Pit Season 2, and proud partner with Desise in season 2.

Real drivers... thats who, the problem with america is that an ape can pass a drivers test, since there is no need to learn manual. If everyone was made to learn to drive stick, people would be better drivers, rather then mindless, cellphone texting zombies...

#10HectetoPosted 11/15/2010 5:57:18 AM

fast2ghl posted...

Samp98 posted...
---

Real drivers... thats who, the problem with america is that an ape can pass a drivers test, since there is no need to learn manual. If everyone was made to learn to drive stick, people would be better drivers, rather then mindless, cellphone texting zombies...

TOTALLY agreed.