Retro Armor

#1MaydayPosted 6/15/2011 1:31:48 PM
I just finished my 445th solo (read that again-all solo) run with Simon in search of this oppressing piece of gear. I don't know how to do the glitch with anyone other than Soma so I've been forced to do all 445 runs legit.

I have 4 Retro Boots, 3 Retro Helms and countless Feather Boots while Retro Firebomb and Retro Boomerang fall quite literally all of the time (boss chest). Freaking Mercury Boots fall about every fourth or fifth run.

I've tried all different combinations of luck etc. etc. etc. I'm about to throw the game out of the window I'm so tired of it. I can't remember ever running more than 150-170 runs for any rare 5 star. And yeah that's solo for all of them.

I know there's no definitive answer on luck or anything, but any advice would be much appreciated. I haven't even started doing Normal for the Retro Cloak yet.

Geez..........

Here's hoping the Gamefaq's Gods hear my prayer......
---
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son"
#2kiwimyweeweePosted 6/15/2011 1:39:35 PM(edited)
I'm about to throw the game out of the window I'm so tired of it

Why would you throw your xbox out the window?

Anyways to do the glitch with a whipper, sans julius, you need to drop to a lower platform and change direction at the last second to start a slide on a lower platform. Richter can use his spin kick to create a slide on a platform(same platform) to do the glitch. You want to land near without falling off to get the glitch to work.

I've also seen other people do it with double jumping onto the same platform to create a slide while the lift goes down.

Search youtube for a visual reference.

Also stick with just strength gear for farming. It's more efficient, imo.
---
I'm just here to chew bubblegum.
#3Felyneman4444Posted 6/15/2011 2:08:09 PM
Mayday posted...
I'm about to throw the game out of the window I'm so tired of it.

You can physically grab a piece of data? sweet :3
---
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/420572-mhdude/572/30/121602835271_display.jpg
Need Moar Kittys!
#4Dark_ApostatePosted 6/15/2011 2:32:33 PM
Things that may help you...

Play as Richter for ease of glitching through the elevator shaft.
Play with others to speed up the process.
Go farm something else for a while to relieve the repetitiveness.

445 is impressive, but my number was 632. Keep at it.
#5RavarynPosted 6/16/2011 10:33:42 AM
Mayday posted...
I've tried all different combinations of luck etc. etc. etc. I'm about to throw the game out of the window I'm so tired of it. I can't remember ever running more than 150-170 runs for any rare 5 star. And yeah that's solo for all of them.

I know there's no definitive answer on luck or anything, but any advice would be much appreciated. I haven't even started doing Normal for the Retro Cloak yet.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997663-castlevania-harmony-of-despair/59292033

Seems pretty definitive - LCK does not help with boss drops.
#6BoloVicPosted 6/16/2011 10:52:43 AM
Do you have the ebisu raiment? The retro gear never dropped for me with Richter and I had about 30 runs with him. I equipped the ebisu raiment and the retro gear started dropping like candy.
---
GT: Bolo Vic
#7Dark_ApostatePosted 6/16/2011 10:58:18 AM
Ravaryn posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997663-castlevania-harmony-of-despair/59292033

Seems pretty definitive - LCK does not help with boss drops.

Ebisu included. Forget luck gear entirely.
#8TheSerpentMagePosted 6/16/2011 1:12:12 PM
Luck does nothing noticable for boss drops, thus if luck helps at all it's such a small margin as to not be worthwhile. All you can really do to speed up the process at this point is to learn to glitch and use max attack gear.
#9Mayday(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2011 2:41:11 PM
My computer won't allow me to watch YouTube videos, they freeze after about 10 seconds...I've tried everything to fix it, but nothing helps.

So, I get that you have to fall and slide when you land, what I don't know is which direction to fall off of the platform or where the upper platform should be before I start the fall. Can anyone help me with these two issues?

And as far as a definitive answer for luck.....no, one does not exist. No 9 dollar an hour phone-jockey's gonna convince me otherwise. I've done enough testing with low-mid-high luck to know that it's a toss up no matter what you do. I've done probably over 100 max-luck runs on this level with no results. I've tried EVERYTHING.

And yes I have the Ebisu, two Thief Rings, Three 7's/Death's Robe, Retro Boots/Helm Royal Crown so on-so forth etc. I think Simon packs 49 luck with some retro meat. I've even wasted all but one of my Truffles and Foie Gras trying to push the luck past 50.
---
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son"
#10OrtegaTronPosted 6/16/2011 2:45:03 PM
I dreamt that I got a Retro Cloak two days ago. I actually went through part of my morning routine thinking that I got it the night before.
---
Now taking applications, join team reject today!