Single player restart

#1thegreatevilonePosted 11/5/2012 11:00:53 PM
Well i decided to start this game again but just in single player. No Help at all. I will not skip to the next chapter until I beat it with that character. I only grab what i get on the way. So far I did normal 1-11 and hard 1-9. no glitch trick. Can't beat 10 hard yet!!!! And will not play 11 hard until I do. So far i have gotten a

2 Sonic Boots
2 Royal Crown
1 Miser Ring
2 Winged Boots
1 Kaiser Knuckle +1
2 Claimh Solais
1 Retro Cloak
1 Ebisu Raiment
5 Thief Ring
2 Heavenís Sword

All of these items i got in less than 20 boss kills. Only. With luck gear on! I remember getting these items in 100 range boss kills with groups.
#2Sanno1997Posted 11/6/2012 1:19:18 PM
Haha, starting all over again is quite fun :D
Though I enjoy playing with like 1 friend more than in Singleplayer.

You got quite some nice stuff there... you'll make people jealous...

Anyway, what I've been wondering, what characters have you played in that playthrough so far?
I thought it was only Soma until I saw that Retro Cloak...
---
GT: Sandro1997
#3thegreatevilone(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 3:26:41 PM
The only characters I haven't touch are Yoko, Simon, and fuma. All another characters have within 10 to 15 hours of game play. I think the hard part is gaining levels. I did survivor mode always. It's a pain. This is my third time starting over. I have everything in both ps3 and Xbox.
#4JanayBerryPosted 11/10/2012 7:05:22 PM
thegreatevilone posted...
The only characters I haven't touch are Yoko, Simon, and fuma. All another characters have within 10 to 15 hours of game play. I think the hard part is gaining levels. I did survivor mode always. It's a pain. This is my third time starting over. I have everything in both ps3 and Xbox.

I wish I can get a survival game going. My characters have all be leveled through raw gameplay. Since the day I was able to get my hands on two Master Rings, I have, to this day, NEVER taken them off.

Only person who don't need them now is Fuma since he's maxed on subs. I would like to get Richter done next, as I have all his subs at levels 6-8 (none maxed yet), and I'm still missing his "Javelin" sub.
---
Xbox 360: KKA OMEGA Jim
Only games I'm serious about are role-playing games.
#5thegreatevilone(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 9:01:21 PM
Well, it's challenging so far. I am finally able to beat chapter 10 hard with some characters. Still trying to beat chapter 11 hard. No one is playing online anymore and it gets boring when you see soma players use valmaways through the whole chapter.
#6DPC20XXPosted 11/12/2012 1:18:26 AM
Well i decided to start this game again but just in single player. No Help at all.

Still trying to beat chapter 11 hard. No one is playing online anymore and it gets boring when you see soma players use valmaways through the whole chapter.

It's not single-player anymore after what you mentioned.

Also... I used to be one of those Soma players with dual valmanways. It is actually quite exciting when you know how to use them. I'm sure I'm still very dominant with them when it comes to hard chapter 11. But I changed my style when my X and Y buttons started to make clicking sounds in between my button mashing. Sometimes they even stayed pressed down! Heck, it was so annoying that I was considering buying another controller with only a few weeks of valmanway runs! After half a year of INT-based Soma, I have yet to have that problem again.

I'm sure it's boring seeing Soma players using valmanways to speed-run through the whole chapter or just be a newbie when it comes to chapters 7 and 10. Quick match with randoms, go solo whatever way you want, or party up with buds. You get what you pay for. Well, hopefully.

JanayBerry posted...
I wish I can get a survival game going. My characters have all be leveled through raw gameplay. Since the day I was able to get my hands on two Master Rings, I have, to this day, NEVER taken them off.

If you're not greedy, you could always spend a rather fine sum of gold on mind ups and mana prisms alone on Menace in Hard chapter 3. I maxed Yoko in five hours flat with around half a million gold spent. So you might spend around 150,000 to 200,000 for each sub-weapon. When it comes to Maria's cat or dragon, however, you're better off in Hard chapter 9.

I used to help randoms grind in survival mode, but after an accident involving a random Maria, me as Soma, and me using the Ryukotsuki soul instead of a Yorick skull...
---
"The things I do for love..." - Courage, The Cowardly Dog
GT: PC20XX
#7thegreatevilone(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 11:52:41 AM
I am not playing online. The saved game I am using is on offline account. No help. Just got bored playing with the online save game. I have everything. I don't need to farm on that save. I just play for fun.
#8DPC20XXPosted 11/12/2012 1:20:58 PM
My fault there, then. I tried a new save as well except I got bored when having partners speed ahead of me in chapters on Normal. So I like playing on my old save.

If you are looking for some players, the usual time I see more is around 10 P.M. Eastern Time. Or just play on Saturday. Good luck to you on Hard chapter 11!
---
"The things I do for love..." - Courage, The Cowardly Dog
GT: PC20XX
#9thegreatevilone(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 2:06:48 PM
Thanks. I finally beat chapter 10 hard with alucard, richter, and shanoa. I beat chapter 11 with shanoa only. I am getting there.