Do chest drops (within the same 'loot group') vary per chapter + subweapon query

#1Dagoth-DurrPosted 12/30/2012 2:34:52 PM
I was grinding Ch. 3 for Hellfire (I should've stopped doing 2 after a while, I didn't figure I'd have this many cave trolls drop Dark Metamorphosis), as 5 chances for one in 15 minutes (purple on the bottom, top-right purple, two purples next to each other that requires luring Menace, Menace's own chest) is pretty neat.

Anyway, a couple runs ago I received a Heaven Sword from Menace's chest and oh crap I both remember and love this thing. I'm currently grinding for my second and as such I skip 3 purples because I'm going straight for the boss chest (I've maxed Hellfire, it's very handy as a lucky shot can whack Menace's chest clean off) which I'm now managing in less than five minutes. Hah, to think on how much one improves...

However, I had a look at the chest guide on this site (I find it's better than the CV wiki) and noticed that the Purple and Gold chests on this chapter 'can' drop Holy Rods, one of which I'd like to get my hands on - however, I hear of more people geting them in a later chapter (DLC, i believe, but I still have to buy 7 and fuma).

So, am I correct in assuming that even though all chests within loot group G8 can drop any and all of the items, are some of them 'less rare' from certain chests?

Also, regarding subweapons, I'd heard that Simon only gets stat ups from levelling particular subweapons (the main ones, rather than the retro ones, bizarrely). Does this apply to any other whip users? I was playing as Jonathan not so long ago to compare him with Richter (diagonal down whip is always nice) and got both the paper airplane and grenade subweapons - do all Jonathan's subweapon level ups give him stat ups as well? I don't like this grenade at all. Bleuch.
#2ThaStrakePosted 12/30/2012 4:24:38 PM
Regarding the subweapons;

From what I have read, the stats of the whip users only increases when you level Cross, Knife, Axe, Bible and Holy Water.
I am not sure, but I think the other sub weapons don't add to the stats.
#3firedraco2Posted 12/30/2012 5:23:01 PM
Only the subweapons that some with the main game increase stats:

Dagger
Axe
Cross
Holy Water
Bible
and all of Jonathan's subs

Other subs will never increase stats.

Dagoth-Durr posted...

So, am I correct in assuming that even though all chests within loot group G8 can drop any and all of the items, are some of them 'less rare' from certain chests?

AFAIK that is the case, with maybe one or two exceptions.
Ch 8's green chests in Solo play (only) seem to drop the same items all the time.
and
Ch 11's mini boss chests each drop a piece of the Fuma gear, and the boss chest can drop any of the pieces. The other purples will never drop the Fuma gear.
---
Well when I asked this one cute girl out during lunch, I got laughed at because I was wearing this ridiculous cape called the Ebisu Rainment. -NeoseekerDarkKn
#4dcc76Posted 12/30/2012 9:51:56 PM
However, I had a look at the chest guide on this site (I find it's better than the CV wiki) and noticed that the Purple and Gold chests on this chapter 'can' drop Holy Rods, one of which I'd like to get my hands on - however, I hear of more people geting them in a later chapter (DLC, i believe, but I still have to buy 7 and fuma).

Green chests in chapter 4 drop Holy Rods. I don't know about anywhere else, but that's where I've gotten mine.
---
If we never make love again... would you still want to call out my name...
#5firedraco2Posted 12/30/2012 9:52:05 PM
I forgot the Ricochet Rock...whoops. It does increase stats as well.
---
Well when I asked this one cute girl out during lunch, I got laughed at because I was wearing this ridiculous cape called the Ebisu Rainment. -NeoseekerDarkKn