Chapter 7 Miser Ring pl0x.

#1buscususPosted 1/1/2013 1:56:28 AM
This is my GameFAQs complaint thread about not getting the Miser Ring after closing in on about 80 runs. Gimme Miser Ring GameFAQs.
#2Chadwicked444Posted 1/1/2013 11:23:54 AM
you made an account just to complain?
---
GT:NEStrider
#3DPC20XXPosted 1/1/2013 5:21:07 PM
Let me know if you get to your 626th chapter 7 run for one. Then, I'll understand your complaining.
---
"The things I do for love..." - Courage, The Cowardly Dog
GT: PC20XX
#4Chadwicked444Posted 1/1/2013 10:17:21 PM
why do you always play maria
---
GT:NEStrider
#5buscusus(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 11:02:23 PM
Chadwicked444 posted...
you made an account just to complain?

lol no, I made this account about a year ago. Just never used it much. I got a load of MS points over the holidays so I decided to buy most of the DLC stages for this game. Just getting back into the old grind of it again...

And 600+ runs. Screw that man. I would've stopped at about 300 and called it quits.

But yeah, supposedly there's an urban legend that if you cry enough on the gamefaqs forums about not getting an item, you'll get it.
#6shadowdragoon66Posted 1/2/2013 12:15:30 AM
Actually... how it works is that you will start getting the item after you no longer need it >.<
This game has the annoying habit of giving the rare items to you more when you either find something better or you the game finally decides to give you the amount of the item you are looking for (like 2 miser rings). I got really lucky and got my first miser ring on like the 2nd or 3rd run, and have yet to get my second.
#7buscusus(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 1:06:02 AM
shadowdragoon66 posted...
Actually... how it works is that you will start getting the item after you no longer need it >.<
This game has the annoying habit of giving the rare items to you more when you either find something better or you the game finally decides to give you the amount of the item you are looking for (like 2 miser rings). I got really lucky and got my first miser ring on like the 2nd or 3rd run, and have yet to get my second.

yeah i get that sometimes too. I've gotten maybe 4-5 winged boots and 4-5 Royal Crowns and maxed out Astarte souls.

I had Winged Boots years ago from Chapter 6. All of these happened within about 25 runs too. I decided to do some luck runs (despite there being no proof of how luck actually plays into boss drops) and I got all that stuff, some even back to back to back.

The luck runs have since gone dry though, and I've gone back to just a regular ATK setup, just because I finish the stage in about a minute to a minute and a half faster. I keep one Thief Ring on though, hoping it's effect might kick in from time to time.
#8DPC20XXPosted 1/2/2013 7:25:43 AM
Chadwicked444 posted...
why do you always play maria

Because she's fun to play as. With Soma, it's almost as if I'm expected to do something on certain chapters (glitch, yorick).

Buscusus posted...
And 600+ runs. Screw that man. I would've stopped at about 300 and called it quits.

It was a sort of payback for getting the sonic boots in 6 runs. I didn't really want the sonic boots, but I really wanted the miser ring. The game just messes with people.
---
#9buscusus(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 8:50:47 PM
Oh yeah. Btw I was thinking of getting a new character as well. I had Richter in mind cause he seems ridiculous in all of the videos I've seen.

Any suggestions on what's good?
#10DPC20XXPosted 1/3/2013 4:45:57 AM
Richter is quite amazing. You might find yourself using his martial arts more than anything. Tackle is like Jonathan's sonic strike except you can do it in the air as well. Somersault gives you a moment of invincibility which I've seen are good for dodging Retro Dracula's spiral of fireballs. And his slide kick gives an edge to speed runs.
---