The "OMG! Another God's Garb!" Thread

#1DahweirdacusPosted 1/5/2013 8:30:48 AM
Yes, I'm serious, I thought it'd be funny to share our "OMG! Another God's Garb!" moments.
Cause from looks of things, I'm not the only one that it happens too hah.
I'll start it off by sharing that it happens to me almost everytime I do Chapter 8 runs for Simon's Cloak as Julius Belmont. Got him almost maxed, only Subweapon (That matters) that isn't Lv9 yet is Bible. But it's Lv8 atleast. I heard Luck matters, and some of my friends call me a lucky (word I won't say) cause it seems I get all the other rare stuff other then what I want.. But lately in Chapter 8, 90% of the Golden Chest is God's Garb... Lol.
So... Yeah... Still to this very day, I do not have Simon's Cloak... Only OVER 9000! God's Garbs hah.
---
Founder of Minecraft Wrestling Federation {Xbox 360}. I play games to have fun rather I win/loss. GT: Dahweirdacus
Twitter: @Dahweirdacus & @MWFMinecraft
#2KaptainK00lPosted 1/5/2013 10:45:37 AM
Too many trying to get.....everything. Fuma gear, sonic boots, the list is fairly large.
---
GT: iKaptain K00Li
''Be silent. Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm.''
#3PunisherRogue88Posted 1/5/2013 12:29:50 PM
God's Garb helped me get to 35 million gold lol. I actually had the most fun trying to get Simon's Cloak. Three buddies and myself would all be using whippers and just level our subs trying to get it(I still don't have it lol). Sometimes, if we were having a bad day, we would alternate using Soma and whoever was Soma at the time just stood outside the door to revive everyone until we couldn't revive anymore lol.

I miss this game :(
---
MK9-Jade,Stryker/SCV-Xiba,Leixia,/DOA5-Kokoro,Leifang,Eliot
GT:PunisherRogue69
#4DPC20XXPosted 1/5/2013 3:11:28 PM
Dahweirdacus posted...
I heard Luck matters, and some of my friends call me a lucky (word I won't say) cause it seems I get all the other rare stuff other then what I want.. But lately in Chapter 8, 90% of the Golden Chest is God's Garb... Lol.
So... Yeah... Still to this very day, I do not have Simon's Cloak... Only OVER 9000! God's Garbs hah

Lucky something? I noticed that from all the runs we went in hard chapter 5. I guess the captain's 20 God's Garb curse on you still hasn't gone away. Lol. You'll get what you want... eventually.

PunisherRogue88 posted...
God's Garb helped me get to 35 million gold lol.

Well, yeah. God's Garb is a money maker if you keep getting them lol.
---
"The things I do for love..." - Courage, The Cowardly Dog
GT: PC20XX
#5BinklesmcstinklPosted 1/8/2013 10:34:39 PM
I'm in the same boat. Luckily chapter 8 is like the best place to raise whipper skills lazy like. Throw on 2 master rings, use your mana up on some skill, afk when out, come back continue. On the bright side it isn't a great upgrade, good but situational at best.

Quick notes: The luck stat does help, but the initial chance is so low it's near unknowable.

Just be happy you have a reason to run it beyond raising subs.
#6dunn_dolo_4lifePosted 1/9/2013 5:33:23 AM
The 99999 Palud's I got from chapter 9 would like to agree with you..........and all I want is Beezelbub souls. :(
---
<----Cooler than the other side of the pillow.
#7gamewarrior88Posted 1/15/2013 10:13:21 AM
It's not just that. You can add Paludamentum, Heavy Armor and Demon's Mail to the list of those nice items that the game feels you need more than 9 of when farming for rares.

In the end though, all of them were pretty helpful in getting my gold amount up so that when Astarte FINALLY gave me two Miser Rings, they were fully powered up, so I guess it all works out eventually.
---
-----------------------------------------------
In this world, there was only one way...the Valmanway. But now, there is a better way...the Valmanway +1.