Question about the girls....

#1dunn_dolo_4lifePosted 1/14/2013 9:13:50 AM
Meh I finally maxed "ONE," of jonathans subs. Still 20 more to go :/

Back to Topic: Anyway I was just wondering how fun the females in this game are to play? Nah Im not sexist or anything LOL!!! I just never really got into using the female characters because they weren't whip users, or God......er I mean Soma. I barely used Alucard either and Fuma is just plain fun. But I do have an interest in trying to level/upgrade them for kicks.

Anyways I played Ecclesia so I know how Shanoa works, so I will probably mess with her, but is Charlotte, Yoko or Maria worth messing with? I mean Im looking for fun, but also for being able to hold my own solo as well ya know?
---
<----Cooler than the other side of the pillow.
#2KaptainK00lPosted 1/14/2013 9:36:05 AM
Charlotte can absorb a decent variety of spells, and can learn a healing spell which makes her pretty good for support. Both her and Yoko cannot jump kick. Shanoa is fun, though a bit underwhelming compared to what she's like in OoE. I have a friend that tears it up as Maria, and Yoko is loud. xD
---
GT: iKaptain K00Li
''Be silent. Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm.''
#3ChaosJohnsonPosted 1/14/2013 12:49:50 PM
Charlotte is a great character, good for support, has a lot of variety. I would recommend leveling her solo though.

Yoko and Maria are both a blast to play. They only have 3-4 subweapons to level a piece, so they are pretty quick to max. I think each character leveled to max without survival and getting all items (including 9 philosopher's stones) took me about 30 hours. Yoko brings the volume and good offense while Maria brings the lols. And Toes.

Shanoa is the most balanced of the ladies but the most time consuming for leveling. A couple of her spells only hit once so prepare for a grind. Gotta love the magnes points though.

Probably not a great answer there seeing as I like all of the characters in this game but hopefully it helped a lil bit
---
Gamertag/NNID: ChaosJohnson
3DS code: 2535-3704-9886
#4dunn_dolo_4life(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 9:13:24 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5KaptainK00lPosted 1/15/2013 11:49:50 AM
dunn_dolo_4life posted...
Yeah thats was the only bad thing about Yoko. Level grinding with her would probably cause my eardrums to bleed. My girl doesnt even play and she gets annoyed everytime I get a Yoko on my team. HOLY this and HOLY that......and my girls like HOLY S**T thats annoying!!!!!

Charlotte does peek my interest so I think I might go with her. I still may tinker with Shanoa though. Im sad that a lot of people have told me how nerfed she feels....even fully maxed. I wonder if its like an Alucard kinda nerf or worse?

Worse, should have had more glyphs and glyph unions. GIANT FLAME SCYTHE GO.
---
''Be silent. Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm.''
#6IssacFrostPosted 1/16/2013 2:40:00 PM
From the discussion on pS3 boards, Shanoa is top tier. Not sure about the others.
---
GT Aizakku Furosto (Castlevania HD/Dark Souls/Awesomenauts)
#7IssacFrostPosted 1/16/2013 2:43:55 PM
KaptainK00l posted...
Yeah thats was the only bad thing about Yoko. Level grinding with her would probably cause my eardrums to bleed. My girl doesnt even play and she gets annoyed everytime I get a Yoko on my team. HOLY this and HOLY that......and my girls like HOLY S**T thats annoying!!!!!

Charlotte does peek my interest so I think I might go with her. I still may tinker with Shanoa though. Im sad that a lot of people have told me how nerfed she feels....even fully maxed. I wonder if its like an Alucard kinda nerf or worse?

Despite having less Glyphs she is actually considered one of the best characters at clearing out stages and killing bosses quickly.
---
GT Aizakku Furosto (Castlevania HD/Dark Souls/Awesomenauts)
#8DahweirdacusPosted 1/17/2013 6:12:52 AM
I like Charlotte because as few have mentioned, she can absorb magic from enemy's and use their skills, much like Soma can with the souls. And like Soma, the more you have one 1 spell, the greater damage it does.

Yoko, I only use if I wanna annoy people on purpose (Troll) by spamming Holy Flames >> Holy Lightning >> Holy Flames >> Holy Lightning >> Holy Flames >> Holy Lightning and on and on, all with equipment that makes magic regenerate quicker hah.

Maria, I haven't given a full big chance just yet, but I know a friend who uses her like a pro and uses her as a main character.

I believe depending on how you like to play, you can be good with any character.
Hope that helps any, best of luck with ya.
DAHBOOM!!!
---
Founder of Minecraft Wrestling Federation {Xbox 360}. I play games to have fun rather I win/loss. GT: Dahweirdacus
Twitter: @Dahweirdacus & @MWFMinecraft
#9KaptainK00lPosted 1/17/2013 12:14:10 PM
IssacFrost posted...
KaptainK00l posted...

Despite having less Glyphs she is actually considered one of the best characters at clearing out stages and killing bosses quickly.

Well I'm comparing her to the way she is in her own game :P
---
#10dunn_dolo_4life(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 1:15:59 PM
I have seen some good Shanoa's, dont get me wrong. However most people spam Globus on everything which I have read in other post, is pretty bad. Can she do what she does solo? I have seen her do great and not so great in Teams of 4-6. Mostly terri-bad in games of 3 or less though.
---
<----Cooler than the other side of the pillow.