I hope Konami considers doing another title like this in the future.

#11DemSkeetSkeetMFPosted 2/11/2013 9:15:19 PM
I'm ready for a new one! I haven't played this since launch(played the hell out of it for a long time after launch). I downloaded all of the DLC, & played as every character.

I remember just before it came out, more & more info started coming out & everyone was sooo worried that it'd flop. The timer wasn't liked, the graphics were "ported." It turned out to be a great success!

I lived every aspect of this game & I'm sure Konami made a killing from HoD! All the DLC & the actual game are some of the highest rated Live Arcade downloads & the amount of downloads are ridiculously high!

Come on Konami, I'm ready for another go at this game with either a sequel or more DLC!
#12SpikeTbearPosted 2/13/2013 4:35:51 AM
It's too bad that this game was very rarely advertised. The only time I've ever seen it advertised anywhere was a few years ago on the dashboard, when it was 50% off. Even a few days ago, there was an ad that said, "Download top arcade titles." There were 10 games there, and no sign of CHD.
---
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus
#13blackitoPosted 2/14/2013 9:01:13 PM
They seriously have a huge untapped font of stuff that they can hit into and could have kept HD going as a game on it's own with spaced out content updates.

New items

New Characters

New Stages, etc.
---
GT: Contingent Cat --- http://www.youtube.com/user/TheContingentCat
#14SteadySharkPosted 2/15/2013 10:54:20 AM
TC, you should definitely buy Symphony of the Night.

Awesome game.
---
GT/PSN = SteadiestShark - 3DS: 3866-8210-5918
Playing - Castlevania HD. http://www.youtube.com/djquackquack
#15dunn_dolo_4lifePosted 2/18/2013 5:20:37 AM
SpikeTbear posted...
It's too bad that this game was very rarely advertised. The only time I've ever seen it advertised anywhere was a few years ago on the dashboard, when it was 50% off. Even a few days ago, there was an ad that said, "Download top arcade titles." There were 10 games there, and no sign of CHD.

I found Castlevania HD on the top 10 in the Most Popular games section. I agree though that this game got little to no advertisement even though it would appeal to all Metroidvania lovers....which is probably about 90% of the entire Castlevania community.

The one thing that still bugs the hell out of me is why they decided on a sequel to Aria of Sorrow....yet the fans have been pleading for a Symphony of Night sequel for years. Come on Konami, give Alucard his moment again. :(
---
Guess the mods really like Kingdom Hearts. I got warning status for saying the characters are......."happy-like."
#16SteadySharkPosted 2/18/2013 5:22:08 AM
The one thing that still bugs the hell out of me is why they decided on a sequel to Aria of Sorrow....yet the fans have been pleading for a Symphony of Night sequel for years. Come on Konami, give Alucard his moment again. :(

Apparently Alucard isn't quite anime enough. :(
---
GT/PSN = SteadiestShark - 3DS: 3866-8210-5918
Playing - Castlevania HD. http://www.youtube.com/djquackquack
#17dcn2424Posted 2/18/2013 5:25:56 AM
Konami should put this game on a retail disc with all the extra characters and levels.

Hopefully we'll get Castlevania HoD2 soon.
#18IIIININ9IIIIPosted 2/19/2013 5:06:29 AM
Konami definitely took a shot in the dark with this title and I'd say it turned out far better than I expected it to. I'd love a sequel, me and my friend have been playing this game off and on for over a year and we each still have a couple rares that need to be found yet (need me some Fuma Greaves and a second Yatsutsuna +1). Anyway here's what I'd like to see in a sequel if they ever get around to it:

1. Singleplayer should be revamped a bit. You should still be able to play the multiplayer maps in order to find rares by yourself if you so choose to, the same way it is now but with a few tweaks. I propose that they also make a storyline relevant to each character and make a singleplayer experience similar to Symphony of the Night or Aria of Sorrow, with one large classic Castlevania map as a sort of expansion on the formula they already have. It might be tricky to make that work right though, I don't know how they could implement it so that you could still find rares in the same manner as HoD AND have a classic Castlevania singleplayer experience without the two gametypes clashing or having one be easier to find things in than the other.

2. To go along with the above idea I thought it'd be really cool to be able to have a co-op mode in the Metroidvania style classic large castle without a time limit, even if that gametype was limited to just 2 people on one big map. I just think that'd be great to team up with a friend and wreck bosses and storm the castle Symphony style but co-op.

3. As far as Multiplayer goes, I think they have this system down pretty well, my only suggestion here would be to make the launch version of the game include at least 8 - 10 maps to boot and then have DLC with an extra 8 - 10 maps after. It'd be awesome if they kept all the characters that were available in HoD and then possibly added some new faces for the new game, it'd also be great if I didn't have to spend more money on DLC characters I already purchased, for instance: I bought Julius and Richter in HoD, so in HoD2 if those 2 characters are DLC again and not available at launch, it'd be a nice salute to the fans who already bought these characters in the previous game to make that DLC available for free, sort of like a retroactive thing... I understand they gotta make money too but its just a thought.

4. This last part is my biggest gripe with HoD and something I feel should be addressed in a sequel. Character balance, Soma far outclasses everyone as the game stands. Alucard despite his power with weapons is so nerfed from his role in Symphony its almost sad (more on that in a moment). The whip users I feel were the characters that got the most attention as far as balancing and their ability to adapt to each situation with appropriate gear and subweapons, which I feel was done perfectly. Shanoa and Charlotte I feel were done right but could've used a bit more gear to make them more customizable I guess.

Now, Alucard's flaws... his magic sucks (not his strength sure, but still nerfed), so much so that its barely worth using, Dark Metamorphosis is useless on later chapters, Hellfire/Dark Inferno can't be used in midair like Soma or Charlotte, Summon/Tetra Spirit deals garbage damage due to its dark element but the homing is nice, but Soul Steal is the worst, it does decent enough damage but the health you get out of it is laughable. Soul Steal should grant 5 health per hit to make it worth its 30mp cost. Another thing that went completely unused and underutilized was Alucard's shields. Not once have I ever found a use for any of them, it would've been nice if they brought back the shield casts you could use with the shield rod from Symphony, but tweak it so the Alucard Shield wasn't the God weapon... maybe make it so you don't need a shield rod, just the shield and do the down forward X/Y input for special attacks (like Moon Rod/Alucard Sword/Kaiser Knuckle) unique to each shield. Please fix him Konami!

Let me know what you guys think and let's hope they get on this new game asap :)
#19dunn_dolo_4lifePosted 2/20/2013 5:33:46 AM
I agree with the above poster to a certain degree.

(I was gonna quote you but that was too long of a text LOL)

Character balance was pretty bad in this game. Soma (as much as I like him) is soooo overrated. It almost seems as if this was Dawn of Sorrow extended edition. Even if he can't use Val+1's on some of the chapters his skillset still makes him damn near invincible. Granted alot of the Sommaways still suck, those of us that can properly use him know that he pretty much breaks this game.

Alucard basically got reduced to Somas younger mentally challenged brother who suffers from Alzheimers. Out of all the characters in the game, he feels so much like the third wheel. There isnt any chapter where you can see yourself picking him over anybody. If ever a Castlevania HD2 comes out.....Alucard is probably the only character I can actually say, needs a good rework.

I think they did a great job with the Whip users....maybe a little tweaking with Jonathan since some of his subs were just plain ridiculous to level up. Other than that, I think they did great.

Im glad they took a chance with something like this. Judgeing by how well the game did, I hope they take this into consideration and actually work on either part 2 of this game.....or a new Metroidvania. Ill be content with either/or.

Off topic though....did any know that Simon Belmont is Gabriel Belmonts son? I just read the latest game informer issue and they talked about the new 3ds game coming out. Simon is supposedly the star or this one or something like that....
---
Guess the mods really like Kingdom Hearts. I got warning status for saying the characters are......."happy-like."
#20IIIININ9IIIIPosted 2/21/2013 2:27:34 PM
Soma is overrated...he's definitely overpowered and a game breaker, but he's not fun to play as... I take Alucard any day over Soma, even with all his flaws, especially on Ch7 where he really shines. Alucard with 2 KK+1's with full attack gear destroys Astarte faster than any Soma could possibly kill her and mist works perfect to dodge her charm attack. Other than that I find it more fun to use a Y+1 and M+1 Alucard, than a dual V+1 Soma the majority of the time because Soma just feels cheap to me...

Jonathan is my main and he's completely maxed out same as my Julius and my Richter isn't far behind. Jonathan is just too much fun solely for his glitching potential and Sonic Striking all over the maps. Regardless of the fact he's slightly weaker than Richter and Julius, I find he's the most fun character to play as because of what I mentioned above, his awesome martial arts (nothing better than knocking R. The Counts head off with a fiery uppercut or danger knee to the face lol), his ability to guard cancel R. Daggers in air AND he's got one of the best taunts in the game by far.

Of the characters I have at my disposal at the moment, I rank them thusly from most fun to least fun:

1. Jonathan
2. Richter
3. Julius
4. Alucard
5. Shanoa
6. Soma
7. Charlotte