New Noob Here

#1LazHarshawPosted 1/30/2013 2:17:01 PM
So I recently bought this game 4 days ago to amp myself for LOS 2 and to fill in the gap for Bioshock Infinite, and I have been having a blast. However, since I have been playing for so little with a game that has been out for 3 years, the online curve is ridicules. It looks like everyone has their characters maxed with the best gear, and I just lucked out on finding a Longinus for my Soma yesterday.

I feel bad when playing online as I'm so weak that I can't contribute to the team. When I was playing chapter 11 hard with a better player, I couldn't defeat the final boss in the allotted time as all my hits were doing 4 damage.

Can any vet's give me advise? I would appreciate any help.
#2gamewarrior88Posted 1/30/2013 2:21:30 PM
The only advice I can really give is just to keep playing until you get better equipment (which will be conditional depending on your luck finding that equipment). If you're lucky, perhaps meet up with friends that play the game as well. That's what helped me during those noob days. Otherwise, visit the stickied topics concerning beginners...and good luck :)
---
-----------------------------------------------
In this world, there was only one way...the Valmanway. But now, there is a better way...the Valmanway +1.
#3dunn_dolo_4lifePosted 1/30/2013 2:51:19 PM
Hey, don't worry. We were all noobs in the beginning. We just played longer.

Althought the online is pretty scarce compared to what it was back in the day, you can still find a few low level ppl like yourself who are willing to do runs. Just the other day I got kicked from a room because I was overpowered compared to everybody else. I don't blame them though. I wouldnt want to take the fun of grinding from anybody.

If you ever see me online join up. Im trying to max out some characters so I usually have on weak equipment with 2 master rings. Thats way you wont seem to outclassed if we play together.

GT = XxDUNNxxDOLOxX
---
Guess the mods really like Kingdom Hearts. I got warning status for saying the characters are......."happy-like."
#4DPC20XXPosted 1/30/2013 3:20:03 PM
LazHarshaw posted...
I feel bad when playing online as I'm so weak that I can't contribute to the team. When I was playing chapter 11 hard with a better player, I couldn't defeat the final boss in the allotted time as all my hits were doing 4 damage.

Playing Hard Chapter 11 after only four days? It took me a week to even get to Normal Chapter 6.

Go from Normal Chapters 1 to 11 and then from Hard Chapters 1 to 11 alone to get an independent feel of the game. You learn the basics through practice and memorizing patterns. Or be lucky and find partners that have around the same attack power as you.
---
"The things I do for love..." - Courage, The Cowardly Dog
GT: PC20XX
#5LazHarshaw(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 3:41:14 PM
DPC20XX posted...
LazHarshaw posted...

Playing Hard Chapter 11 after only four days? It took me a week to even get to Normal Chapter 6.

Go from Normal Chapters 1 to 11 and then from Hard Chapters 1 to 11 alone to get an independent feel of the game. You learn the basics through practice and memorizing patterns. Or be lucky and find partners that have around the same attack power as you.

Like I said, everyone I play with are more powerful then me, so I was able to fly through the chapters fast despite being ineffectual.

So looking though the replies, I'm guessing I'm going to have to farm luck gear before getting a Valmanway.

Thank you all for the help, I guess I'm just going to have to grind a bit. My gt is tribalcoblood if anyone wants to do any runs later.
#6OpShaftPosted 1/30/2013 3:58:30 PM
Quote:DPC20XX posted...
LazHarshaw posted...

Like I said, everyone I play with are more powerful then me, so I was able to fly through the chapters fast despite being ineffectual.

So looking though the replies, I'm guessing I'm going to have to farm luck gear before getting a Valmanway.

Thank you all for the help, I guess I'm just going to have to grind a bit. My gt is tribalcoblood if anyone wants to do any runs later.

@LazHarshaw

I ran into you last night I believe. GT is Stoeb. I started a few days ago, too, but I haven't gotten to play much. I was the one that sucked.
---
Disregard females, acquire currency.
#7JanayBerryPosted 2/5/2013 5:36:11 PM
Laz,

I don't discriminate. My gamertag is in my sig. I'm not super duper beastly, but I can hold my own.
---
PSN ID: Jim_Berry
Xbox 360 gamertag: KKA OMEGA Jim
#8shadowdragoon66Posted 2/5/2013 8:19:44 PM
Throw me an invite on xbl as well. My gamertag is in my sig ( I think I have a sig on here, if not my gt is TFK noxdraconis). I can help you grind for gear if you want me to. I have some characters that are more geared than others, but they can all use various things from the levels( both items that my characters need as well as items I want just for fun). I have no problems running you through any level except for chapter 10 hard. I don't have the fight down 100%, but if there is someone else in the boss room with me and I make it to the 2nd form, I can usually hold my own from there. I can easily solo the rest of the levels and can give you some pointers on any characters/levels you have.
---
gamertag: TFK noxdraconis