Chapter 10 Richter glitch help

#1pPLnOmEPosted 2/2/2013 6:41:18 AM
I have watched youtube videos of people doing the elevator glitch with Richter where he jumps off the platform at the right side wall going up then spin kicks back on to trigger the glitch, I have almost replicated it perfectly and I can activate the glitch almost any position going up (right side of the elevator). However when I start flying upwards I can't seem to break through the ceiling. I always end up landing right next to the closed gate. I have tried everything, jumping when towards the top (like Soma's Puppet Master variation of the glitch), whipping randomly (thought I would try for laughs when Richter is shooting upwards in the wall), and even spin kicking randomly and at the top, which interrupts the glitch when used. If someone could shed some light on my failure I would be ever so gracious.
---
GT: Silent Oxide
#2ZhugeSongPosted 2/2/2013 11:42:18 AM
You have to jump just like Soma. If it isn't working you just aren't timing it right. That's all I can really say, sorry.
#3SpiffyBiscuitsPosted 2/2/2013 4:14:36 PM
I jump when his head is about an inch from the ceiling. Works every time.
#4dunn_dolo_4lifePosted 2/2/2013 6:01:11 PM
I have trouble doing the glitch that way as well.

I perfer the opposite direction. What ends up happening is you end up hitting the corner and jumping through the ceiling into the spikes. I personally think its easier. Something else you could try as well is to expand your camera so you can see the ceiling much earlier. It takes quick hands but its do-able. Thats how I do the Soma glitch with ease. Hope that helps you out.
---
Guess the mods really like Kingdom Hearts. I got warning status for saying the characters are......."happy-like."
#5SpiffyBiscuitsPosted 2/2/2013 6:24:37 PM
Yeah what he said. Forgot to mention i do it so i'm facing the gate when I go up. Much much easier like the guy above me said.
#6pPLnOmE(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 11:00:38 PM
I have successfully broken through the ceiling twice now. The jump timing is much more stubborn than Soma. Thanks for the help. On a side note, I haven't triggered the glitch since I have been practicing successfully kicking back onto the platform. Now that I can actually land back on without falling more precisely than before, the glitch isn't activating. Wtf?

How I do it:
Jump at wall until Richter faceplants said wall, then immediately 'slightly tap' left and RB.

Some people say it won't work if left and RB are pressed at the same time, but I disagree. I am positive it all depends on how Richter lands onto the platform, very similiar to the Acceleration glitch.

Sorry for being noobish and bugging you guys, you have been very helpful.
---
#7pPLnOmE(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 11:06:59 PM
dunn_dolo_4life posted...

I perfer the opposite direction. What ends up happening is you end up hitting the corner and jumping through the ceiling into the spikes. I personally think its easier. Something else you could try as well is to expand your camera so you can see the ceiling much earlier. It takes quick hands but its do-able. Thats how I do the Soma glitch with ease. Hope that helps you out.

What do you mean by the opposite direction? The opposite wall with the platforms going down, or do you mean same wall but jumping to the left (middle-ish of the entire elevator) then spin kicking back on? If yes to the second one I mentioned, I do not know how to do it.
---
#8dunn_dolo_4lifePosted 2/4/2013 1:27:43 PM
pPLnOmE posted...
dunn_dolo_4life posted...

What do you mean by the opposite direction? The opposite wall with the platforms going down, or do you mean same wall but jumping to the left (middle-ish of the entire elevator) then spin kicking back on? If yes to the second one I mentioned, I do not know how to do it.

I mean instead of jumping into the right wall and kicking left , jump into the middle and kick back towards the right wall. Do this on the platforms that are going up, not down. You get the same results but its easier to time the second jump through the ceiling IMO. Practice on Easy mode. Your basically just trying to land as close to the edge of the little elevator platform as you can without falling off. I see more people doing it that way than the opposite. Hopefully that cleared it up for you.
---
Guess the mods really like Kingdom Hearts. I got warning status for saying the characters are......."happy-like."