Which Character had the hardest equipment grind for you?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
  3. Which Character had the hardest equipment grind for you?
4 years ago#11
It took me 1,399 Astarte kills to get my second Miser Ring. In the process, I finished maxing Shanoa, fully maxed Maria, and got a third of the way through Richter.

Character-wise, it was Fuma. 1,000 runs through Chapter 11 with no Fumas Greaves, and I was so bored out of my skull, aggravated, and disgusted with this game that I took a 4 month break. This was after only playing this game for 6 straight months. Luckily, hardcore HD guys like Sweetmunkeyl0ve have kept it fun all this time, so I was able to come back, get every item, and max every character. Now I just play for fun, like trying to goad new players into eating the funny musroom on Chapter 3.
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus
3 years ago#12
Now it's turning in to Julius trying to get the Retro gear or a Valmanway +1 with Alucard or Soma.....what a horrible night to have a curse
MKWii: 5284-2202-2603 (Kev),Pokemon Platinum 2450-1627-7519 (Volrath)
SSBB: 3737 9231 4255(Kevin).Pokemon HeartGold 1978 2420 7581
3 years ago#13
500+ R Count kills and still no Valmanway +1. Still waiting for a Yatsusuna +1 as well for either Soma or Alucard. Haven't really grinded for the Retro pieces much aside from the Cloak which I have along with all the Fuma pieces.
http://www.last.fm/user/DoubleXDS
3 years ago#14
Normal 10 for the cloak right?
MKWii: 5284-2202-2603 (Kev),Pokemon Platinum 2450-1627-7519 (Volrath)
SSBB: 3737 9231 4255(Kevin).Pokemon HeartGold 1978 2420 7581
3 years ago#15
We_Live posted...
Normal 10 for the cloak right?

Yeah, you'll find it there. Probably not right away, but just keep at it.
"The things I do for love..." - Courage, The Cowardly Dog
GT: PC20XX
3 years ago#16
I still have so much equipment grinding to do. No Sonic Boots, no Philosopher's Stones, not even a regular Valmanway. The only +1 item I have is a Kaiser Knuckle which really doesn't outperform my Longinus or Muramasa. Hell, I don't even have a Pneuma, let alone a Dextro Custos (I do however have a Sinestro Custos). The only character I have maxed out is Charlotte. I'd say Yoko, but I don't consider her maxed out until I get some Philosopher's Stones. I wouldn't mind a second Miser Ring to help with my attack to maybe get a few bigger and better things. I do have a Deathscythe, but it's too slow and it not being holy hurts it against the big guys. With Alucard, I don't even have the regular Alucard Sword (but Muramasa suits him not too badly) and I still have to get five more Hellfire spells.

Suffice it to say there is much grinding in my future. I dread Minerva Mail grinding jest because of Dracula's Charm attacks on the womenfolk.
If we never make love again... would you still want to call out my name...
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
  3. Which Character had the hardest equipment grind for you?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived