Castlevania HoD on 3rd Party Controllers

#1dcn2424Posted 3/23/2013 3:47:06 AM
How do I zoom in when using 3rd party controllers to play this game? For example, the Mad Catz fightpad has a switch for RS, DP, LS. When switched to the Left Stick, I can't zoom all the way in.
#2dcn2424(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 5:53:35 AM
bump
#3Braindead_PanPosted 3/24/2013 8:03:13 AM
Can you do any zooming? There are settings for which zoom it allows.

If you can't zoom at all, the zoom is locked to the right stick press down. If that button is not available on your game pad, you're stuck without a zoom as it cannot be remapped.
#4dcn2424(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 2:32:52 AM
When I try to zoom in, it just moves the screen around. I can't get it to zoom all the way, so everything is too small on the screen.
#5OrtegaTronPosted 3/25/2013 7:42:57 AM
dcn2424 posted...
When I try to zoom in, it just moves the screen around. I can't get it to zoom all the way, so everything is too small on the screen.

I haven't played in a bit, but I'm pretty sure you can change your default screen settings so you don't start each game zoomed out.
---
I have to return some video tapes...
#6Braindead_PanPosted 3/25/2013 8:51:46 AM
You have to press the right stick down/in until it clicks. There is a similar button on the right analog stick. At least, this is the case with the standard, Microsoft-issued, XBox controller.

A large number of 3rd-party controllers do not have either of these "buttons", and Harmony of Despair does not allow a handful of functions to be remapped, so players who prefer using those controllers often will set the zoom to one they like overall and leave it there while they play. 3x is a popular choice.
#7Braindead_PanPosted 3/25/2013 9:09:20 AM
There is a similar button on the LEFT analog stick.
#8dcn2424(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 5:25:11 PM
Braindead_Pan posted...
You have to press the right stick down/in until it clicks. There is a similar button on the right analog stick. At least, this is the case with the standard, Microsoft-issued, XBox controller.

A large number of 3rd-party controllers do not have either of these "buttons", and Harmony of Despair does not allow a handful of functions to be remapped, so players who prefer using those controllers often will set the zoom to one they like overall and leave it there while they play. 3x is a popular choice.

I went to the controller settings menu and it won't let me select 3x zoom on some 3rd party controllers.
#9Braindead_PanPosted 3/27/2013 7:52:30 AM
I've never had to do this, so take this with a block of salt, but here's how this was explained to me by those who have:

From the root menu, go to "Help and Options"

Enjoy the pleasant music.

In the "Help and Options" Menu, select "Settings"

In the "Settings" Menu, select "Camera Settings"

If your zoom button does not work, ie the right stick down press button is absent from your controller, click on "Customize Zoom"

Set 3, and 4 to "(Off)"

Set 2 to your zoom of choice, the popular selection is "3x".

Apologies if this doesn't work and good luck!
---
Sign the Petition for new Castlevania Harmony of Despair Content!
http://tinyurl.com/dlc-4-cvhd
#10dcn2424(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2013 2:24:13 AM
Thanks. I'll try it with the MadCatz control pad