That's all? * "Good ending" spoilers*

#1ollicehunterPosted 3/29/2012 6:15:51 PM
So...my friend and I collected all of the teeth, went to the Land of the Undead, or whatever it was called, and rescued the last princess. And then...nothing? Is that all that happens, nothing additional? I'm rather perplexed, because the normal ending was pretty lackluster, to get to the Land of the Undead was a lot of work, and there wasn't much of a payoff. A fun final level which really tested both of our skills...I was just hoping for something more.
#2FerdMertzPosted 4/3/2012 10:33:28 AM
Not much of a pay off? I'll take a great level over a cinematic or costume any day. In case you forgot, there isn't much of a story to Rayman Origins. LotLD is the ultimate unlockable.
---
Currently playing: Resident Evil: ORC
#3Arok2092Posted 4/5/2012 10:50:07 PM
Yeah honestly I felt the pay off for beating Land of the Livid Dead was just beating it. Felt fantastic.
---
Henshin-a-go-go baby!
#4RICT0RPosted 4/7/2012 11:17:18 PM
felt fantastic to beat it, and then you're like, "wait there is another princess?!" END.

then during the credits you can collect lums, until after a certain point they stop appearing.
so the game shows you a new princess, who bestows no power upon you (which all the other princesses did), allows you to collect a limited number of lums for no reason during the credits, and shows you no sort of ending.

usually games reward you for completing the game, not for taking the easy route.
---
(-_-+)
#5Arok2092Posted 4/8/2012 9:18:18 AM
RICT0R posted...
felt fantastic to beat it, and then you're like, "wait there is another princess?!" END.

then during the credits you can collect lums, until after a certain point they stop appearing.
so the game shows you a new princess, who bestows no power upon you (which all the other princesses did), allows you to collect a limited number of lums for no reason during the credits, and shows you no sort of ending.

usually games reward you for completing the game, not for taking the easy route.

I don't know. I didn't feel that way at all. The reward for me was beating the Livid Dead. Had the game been a lot more story focused I might have been upset but it wasn't so I wasn't. I've never been upset that Mario games had no real ending. The satisfaction of beating them and playing again is and was all I needed.
---
Henshin-a-go-go baby!