Too bad the camera is so bad.

#1spankymcfisterPosted 9/16/2011 9:44:01 AM
The camera allows for only two viewing angles, both of which are not preferable. That being either TOO shallow or TOO high. An in-between choice would have been nice. Such as it is, it's a deal breaker for me.
Too bad too,........, I could have really gotten into this game.........
---
Your flaming people who believe in creationism. We're not inferior or dumber than you because we reject James Darwin. - - MurcielagoMC
#2hairybear1982Posted 9/16/2011 10:09:56 AM
i agree the camera is bad, and it is difficult when you are trying to creat pathways for your people to walk safely, but if you just use an early level (the first with lava is a good one i think about level 4) to just get used to changing between the camera views and get used to quickly grabbing lava/water/earth and dropping it where you need it then you should find you can manage quite easily with just the two views, dont let that put you of what is otherwise a fantastic game!!
---
PSN ~ redgeyboi
currently playing ~ FFVIII, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, SvR 2011, Plants vs Zombies, Warhammer 40k Kill team
#3CruiserCaptainPosted 9/16/2011 12:23:49 PM
Yeah, I find the camera to be the biggest issue. I'd like to see a smooth zoom in and out. But really, once you get into the game, it's not a big enough issue to take away from the beauty of the game. I say it's still worth it. I'd like to see some sort of sand box set up too, for extended play.
#4gm914Posted 9/16/2011 3:03:42 PM
It's not game-breaking. I've played through 3 times and not once have I lost a village because of the camera. It's a quirk I can live with.
Did you know if you hold square the cursor moves at twice the speed?
Useful if you are in zoom-in mode.
---
Under the 'cheats' section on GameFAQs, there should just be pictures of the CEO's of Capcom, EA, Ubisoft and Activision.
#5Darth_KamcioPosted 9/18/2011 3:42:12 AM
Maybe they will give us a patch or something :)
---
I love dragons!
I came to chew ass and kick bubble gum...wait, what?
#6AhlyisPosted 9/19/2011 12:02:33 PM
gm914 posted...
Did you know if you hold square the cursor moves at twice the speed?
Useful if you are in zoom-in mode.

Really? I always just zoomed out to speed to my spot, then zoomed back in. Being able to speed up without needing to zoom in/out could help on some of the challenge modes. A fraction of a second can be big on some levels.
---
I'm just a pigment of your imagination.
#7Drkr_ZenPosted 9/19/2011 4:15:31 PM
Yeah, I agree the camera is definitely the biggest issue I noticed in first playing it today... pair this with awkward controls, not being able to skip nearly identical cutscenes and a few other things and it makes for a very mediocre title.

Although, even amidst all the hype they built up for it, showing it off every other day, I always thought it looked just that - mediocre.
---
Playing: SSFIV: AE, LBP2, NMH: Heroes' Paradise, GEB, MH Tri, MHP3rd
Gathering points aren't random. They just spawn in a random-ish matter.
#8seriouscowPosted 9/21/2011 1:20:15 PM
The camera is a bit of a pain and the pathfinding can be bad at times. These are my only real complaints about the game, otherwise I love it. The camera is rough, but like some said above once you get used to using it it's mostly a non-issue. Getting used to it can be rough though. Anyone with issues there, I would suggest you play the first couple of levels slowly and play around with the 2 views a lot until you feel comfortable with it. After that the game is way better because you are no longer distracted trying to get a good view.
#9A_Nile_Ate_HerPosted 9/22/2011 9:39:47 AM
i wouldn't focus (ha) on the camera too much. the game over all is overwhelmingly gorgeous and conceptually a mindfrak.
#10CBratePosted 9/27/2011 1:52:07 AM
The only thing about the camera I was unhappy with would be the inability to flip the Y axis.
---
Hue hue hue, Slash L, Hue hue hue, Baby.