Is it really confirmed that there will be classes online?

#1jonathan4210Posted 6/23/2010 9:54:03 AM
I checked everywhere, and they didn't confirm anything about having classes/perks online. I assume that there will be classes, cuz theres different characters, and each of those characters are bound to have their own stats, like defense and speed stats, like in QoS.
---
You think your smarter than me? Let's wrestle!
#2eminydaxPosted 6/23/2010 10:08:24 AM
I'd count classes as "confirmed", but not perks.
#3jonathan4210(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2010 11:26:56 AM
i don't really care about perks. if they are there, great, if not, ok. but i hope there's classes!
---
#4PedroMontanaPosted 6/23/2010 12:07:55 PM
I hope there are no classes.

Different characters with different stats that start with different weapons are great. Having a small selection of classes like in QoS or the recent CoD games that basically tie you to a very small set of weapons are horrible.
I want to pick up weapons in the stages by running over them.
---
No More Heroes
#5eminydaxPosted 6/23/2010 12:16:41 PM
I don't think that'll happen. I believe we're getting a class system, but with 4 times the number of classes.
The reason for this is that when you have characters with different speeds, health etc., if you offer weapon pickups to boot, it'll unbalance everything.
#6PedroMontanaPosted 6/23/2010 12:50:54 PM
Different characters plus weapon pick ups worked fine in Duke Nukem Zero Hour.
---
No More Heroes
#7eminydaxPosted 6/23/2010 1:18:26 PM
Never played that. Starting weapons are also a common way to balance classes.
in any case, weapon pick ups only really make sense for explosives.
For example what would a pistols weapon selection be good for if you got a starting pistol anyway.
Same with machine guns, smg's and shotguns.
I suppose what you'd want is for a player to pick up all sorts of weapons and use them when you like. But at least, we'll able to pick up other weapons.
Like in QoS, some game modes could give you special weapons like the gg.

Really, a class system won't be so bad. I just hope that some classes are not of the usual kind. I want a class with a rocket launcher or a gg (but have other disadvantages to compensate).
The two, very different, shotgun classes in QoS, that's what I hope for concerning the more "standard" classes.
#8jonathan4210(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2010 2:17:35 PM
i think it will be great having a class system. personally, i don't like everyone being the same, it's too dull. having a character that fits your style (rambo, stealth) is perfect.
---
#9SherardyPosted 6/23/2010 2:22:11 PM
Team Fortress 2.
#10PedroMontanaPosted 6/23/2010 5:51:14 PM
@ eminydax:

About DNZH characters: The characters in DNZH also started with different weapon. The characters were generally balanced, the only problem was that the time characters could stay underwater was a stat. The characters that could stay underwater for long had an advantage in stages with much water and had a disadvantage in stages without water.

About weapon pick ups: Weapon pick ups make sense for all kinds of weapons, just look at the pistols in Goldeneye.
- a silenced PP7 is weak but fast and silent,
- a Dostovei is stronger but very loud,
- the Magnum is the strongest, but it's loud and slow.
All these pistols can be useful in different situations. With the CoD/QoS class system you're stuck with the one pistol you started with and have no choice (Of course you could pick up a pistol from someone you killed, but then you're stuck with that).

---
No More Heroes