Could it be? A Wii title I actually give a flying fudge about?

#1dougsdad0629Posted 6/26/2010 2:08:36 PM
It's been a long time since I got excited about anything for the Wii. I bought it a couple of years ago, played it a lot for the first few months and then BOOM...dust collector. Fortunately, my 5 yr. old really got into it and so I gave it to him. I play the occasional Mario title, but the Wii (for me) is really underwhelming. So...to actually see a game for the Wii that I'm considering buying for MYSELF rather than for the kid is certainly a welcome surprise. For me, the best part about Goldeneye/Perfect Dark/Timesplitters was always the fact that higher difficulty levels didn't just add harder enemies. You got additional objectives to complete as well. I'm sure that's one aspect they'll be sure to stick to with this game.

My only concern is whether or not the controls will be tight enough. FPS Wii controls have been really hit (MoH: Heroes 2, Metroid, Conduit) or miss (Red Steel, MoH: Vanguard). They better really nail these controls or I'm sure we'll see a huge backlash.
---
Boycott VGChartz message boards. Many of the users and the mods have little tolerance for dissenting opinions. It's not a free exchange of ideas.
#2darkjedilinkPosted 6/26/2010 6:17:36 PM
Well, it's being made on the Call of Duty engine, and the Wii version of said engine does control very nice, so I'd expect the controls to be spot on.
---
It sure would be fun to be Kirk. I'd Judo chop and ask questions later.
Cerberus Task Force website: http://cerberustaskforce.webs.com
#3awesomephatmanPosted 6/26/2010 8:03:36 PM
I agree. I was expecting Zelda to be the game that convinced me to hang on to my Wii, but turns out, I'm most excited about Goldeneye coming out. Definitely a day one purchase for me.
#42DshmuploverPosted 6/27/2010 1:05:23 PM
Interesting you bring up the controls because in an exclusive interview with ONM UK they stated they were putting a lot of time and effort into the controls and feel of the game. In the interview they said they realise this is what will ultimately make or break it and they are confident they have got an accuracy and feel superior to any other FPS game on the Wii thus far. They really did emphasise this, so it sounds like good news. I'd expect this game to control very well indeed.
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa