I know this is a GoldenEye forum, but...

#1itzshowtime86Posted 9/11/2010 10:17:41 PM

November's bringing out 3 popular shooter games for the Wii: GoldenEye, Call of Duty, and Ghost Recon. My attention was on GoldenEye, but damn I can't preorder this anymore until I see the reviews. I say GoldenEye sells more out of the three, but I wanted to know what would you guys do.

#2mode333Posted 9/11/2010 10:40:28 PM
Ghost Recon is a rail shooter...they ruined it.

rail shooter is like an arcade shooter like house of the dead.
just incase you didn't know.
---
Ps3/Wii owner
PSN: mode334
#3podracer35Posted 9/12/2010 8:55:04 AM
Eh... I'm probably gonna get it within the first week or two. Maybe wait for some reviews, but honestly, this seems like it's at least worth getting. Even if the reviews bash it.
---
Nintendo 3DS: "3 dimensions... 2 screens... 1 system... 0 glasses... Welcome to the next generation." - mutehero7
#4XtremeWRATH360Posted 9/13/2010 12:39:38 PM
Ghost Recon is far from a rail shooter and plus it was delayed into 2011
---
Would love to see another video game crash like 83
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#5slit_your_gutzPosted 9/13/2010 12:54:11 PM
I'll be picking up Goldeneye when it comes out. Won't buy another FPS on wii until Conduit 2 is released.
#6Blk_Mage_CtypePosted 9/13/2010 1:59:29 PM
Ghost Recon is a rail shooter...they ruined it.

rail shooter is like an arcade shooter like house of the dead.
just incase you didn't know.

Just curious, have you ever actually played a Rail Shooter?

If not, go play Dead Space Extraction & Sin and Punishment, then get back to me.
---
I imagine Bethesda's Quality Testing Department a big, dusty room filled with cobwebs, and a chimp wearing a Fez banging on the keyboard of a single computer...
#7slit_your_gutzPosted 9/13/2010 2:05:33 PM
Both are decent games, but rail shooters still aren't as good as a real FPS

doing nothing but pulling the trigger gets old
#8Blk_Mage_CtypePosted 9/13/2010 2:12:29 PM
Both are decent games, but rail shooters still aren't as good as a real FPS

doing nothing but pulling the trigger gets old

Okay, clearly you've never played Dead Space Extraction...
---
I imagine Bethesda's Quality Testing Department a big, dusty room filled with cobwebs, and a chimp wearing a Fez banging on the keyboard of a single computer...
#9slit_your_gutzPosted 9/13/2010 4:06:37 PM
I own and have beaten Dead Space Extraction.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't rather play a FPS.
#10Blk_Mage_CtypePosted 9/13/2010 4:38:48 PM
I own and have beaten Dead Space Extraction.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't rather play a FPS.

Okay, but that statement you made, "doing nothing but pulling the trigger gets old" doesn't apply to Dead Space Extraction. Extraction also had puzzles, melee attacks, Kinesis, Stasis, the ability to chose what path you take multiple times, and far more story than most FPS games.
If anything, you spend far more time watching than you do shooting, because the game is more of an interactive on-rails movie than a traditional Rail-Shooter.
---