i suck

#1dtm44Posted 12/15/2010 12:59:52 AM
So I started playing this game way too often.. (according to my girlfriend)..im not a 'gamer' just an old school fan of the n64 game.. and yah i was playing quite a bit....So quit playing the game for about 10 days.. gave it to a couple of buddies so they could try it out.. played tonight for the first time in forever and im totally screwed.. each match has about 6 guys level 24-26 and up.. some like level 35/42 ??? im a level 19..and im just getting owned ..
So in a month will everyone be like level 35/40? maybe it was just a coincidence.. but i definitly noticed that taking a week and a half off 'gaming' really puts you back ... lol ...
Also on a more annoying note.. I played for about roughly 2 hours tonight.. and played the archives and facility about 8 times each and didnt play outpost (my personal fav) once !!!..
#2DBPanterAPosted 12/15/2010 1:14:47 AM
dtm44, don't fret. Here are some words of encouragement. I too was introduced to first-person shooters with Goldeneye, and that was the LAST one I played 14 years ago. Listen to the advice here on how to increase your XP so you can level up. I am currently a level 30, tomorrow will get level 31. As you level up, it takes more and more XP to get to the next level, and 25-35 are not many good guns. Level 35 gives you the light foot attachment that when used, can make the run and gun style insane (play against Daisy!). Get to level 20 so you can silence some of your guns, then wait until level 25 for the terralite, which is very versatile.

One thing I have noticed is the game play (and strategy needed) now is completely different than what it was during the first couple of weeks. My advice is to try to play against the same people for a couple of matches. Watch and learn from what the more experienced players are doing so you can adapt and acquire more XP. Two tidbits: 1) Remember to get kill streaks and DON'T die! 5 kill streak = 50 XP and a 10 kill streak= 150 XP. Also eliminate the same person 5 times= 75 XP and 10 times = 150 XP. Doing this will most likely result in you losing the match, but the reward for winning is not as great as putting together some kill streaks. Play the game type you like, I prefer conflict where its everyone for themselves. 2) Remember that certain guns at your current level are better than others depending on the board. Customize all 5 of your loads so you can use a given load depending on which one of the 10 boards you are playing on.
#3thedan11Posted 12/15/2010 5:25:58 AM
As an experienced online shooter, I can tell you that summer months and the holidays are your best times to noob farm. Many children are going to be getting this game as the holidays draw nearer, which is going to make easy XP for everyone. If you're still having this problem after the holidays are over, then go online around 2-4pm, when kids are getting out of school. You really shouldn't need to resort to this after a few times, but it's an option if you need it.
#4SuccthisPosted 12/15/2010 5:40:06 AM
thedan11 posted...
As an experienced online shooter, I can tell you that summer months and the holidays are your best times to noob farm. Many children are going to be getting this game as the holidays draw nearer, which is going to make easy XP for everyone. If you're still having this problem after the holidays are over, then go online around 2-4pm, when kids are getting out of school. You really shouldn't need to resort to this after a few times, but it's an option if you need it.

Ha! Thats something that never would have crossed my mind. Burn the kiddies!!
#5UmbreonaPosted 12/15/2010 7:00:24 AM

Our Christmas present will be the noobs we get to kill.

You should hook up with some pros like myself to watch your back and help you up the ranks in team games.

#6ILuvAnjuPosted 12/15/2010 10:03:59 AM

Try turning ADS snap on.

#7shawnboutonPosted 12/15/2010 10:10:35 AM
yeah i had to work a bunch of overtime lastweek and i got on lastnight for the first time in like 4 days and i totally got owned. my aiming is all over the place. sometimes i feel like im starting from square one again but, it is what it is lol. just keep practicing you'll get in the groove of the game.
---
goldeneye:2843-4797-7349 [S]haw[N]
#8uMad006Posted 12/15/2010 10:14:45 AM

Umbreona posted...

Our Christmas present will be the noobs we get to kill.

You should hook up with some pros like myself to watch your back and help you up the ranks in team games.

Lmao. Yes, pick on people muchinferiorto you! pro.

#9tizzywilkillyouPosted 12/15/2010 10:32:25 AM
^ Nobody pay any attention to uMd006. He is just butthurt because he is an admitted hacker/cheater and nobody here likes him. His lashing out and insulting others is just him deflecting.

To the TC: I think it may very well have been a coincidence. I am level 24, and I usually range from highest, to fourth highest ranked in match. I VERY rarely come across 40+ people in random matches. 30+ is common, but not guaranteed match to match. The "average" player level i come across if i had to pick on is in the 16-18 range probably.
#10uMad006Posted 12/15/2010 10:50:19 AM

tizzy, I think you are butthurt. You are the one thats hating on me, I'm not hating on anyone, lol. Just saying the truth.