is the online a wannabe COD?

#1shiva9999Posted 12/20/2010 2:43:31 AM
today i went to gamestop and people where telling me not to buy it....

i loved the N64 use to play it 4 controllers with family members was fun...

so to finish the story the GS clerk ca it a ripped off COD version ?
---
Waiting for Final Fantasy XIV and Dead space 2 (*~* )
A casual gamer girl
#2KoD_zodiacPosted 12/20/2010 3:07:49 AM
The online is similar to CoD and many other FPS's, but really...how could they have made it much different? I honestly havent played CoD online so i cant say how close they are. But I love the online mode, I think people are just upset because the online doesnt have a splitscreen multiplayer option.
---
007 GE: zodiac FC: 1664-6187-0224
#3UmbreonaPosted 12/20/2010 3:14:22 AM

KoD_zodiac posted...
The online is similar to CoD and many other FPS's, but really...how could they have made it much different? I honestly havent played CoD online so i cant say how close they are. But I love the online mode, I think people are just upset because the online doesnt have a splitscreen multiplayer option.
---
007 GE: zodiac FC: 1664-6187-0224

Halo and Gears of War are NOTHING like CoD... To answer your question. Most of the Shooters were nothing like it.

To answer the TC's question this is a simplified version of CoD to a large extent. The Perks you get are not quite as wild or imaginitive but that is because they are trying to stick more with the old GoldenEye theme. The engine is similar to CoD and the same stupid EXP to unlock things is in place while Hosting is a constant issue and player customization is limited to what weapons you bring and your name. Also the 5~1 bullet is lethal thing is still here.

That said, it is kind of a lesser version of CoD in terms of Online, however, in simplicity there is some measure of fun to be had and it can come down to a matter of real skill in a real hurry instead of a war of odd gadgets. It is very often, who can shoot who in the head first wins.

#4thedan11Posted 12/20/2010 4:28:50 AM
^the only honest, non fanboyish response i've seen to this issue, and you didn't even make a pokemon noise once. kudos.
#5UmbreonaPosted 12/20/2010 4:43:13 AM

thedan11 posted...
^the only honest, non fanboyish response i've seen to this issue, and you didn't even make a pokemon noise once. kudos.

Uuuuuummmmmmmbb Bree? Breeheehee! But, honestly, I call it like I see it and try to keep it real Bree. This GE is a bit of a Simplified CoD that is TRYING to capture some of the old GE feel. That does not mean it is horrible or unplayable or even not fun but if you are really looking for a full blown CoD game then you are probably best off getting a real CoD game... And there is NO reason in the world why any game has to follow the CoD format to be a good FPS. There are plenty of AWESOME FPS games that do not follow it at all.

#6Numbuh100Posted 12/20/2010 7:46:31 AM
lol Yeah. Get it TC. Don't listen to stupid clerks. They're not video games reviewers. Besides, Black Ops Wii is a crashing game. So just get GoldenEye.
---
Goldeneye Wii: 2626-8957-8168 Name: MMK
#7flyingtorso2Posted 12/20/2010 8:06:17 AM

Is the whole game like Call of Duty? no. The single player is nothing like it you play more like a spy and it's more stealthy then running and gunning so the single player has nothing to do with cod. Is the multiplayer a wannabe of COD. I wouldn't call it a wannabe, but it takes a lot of it's ideas from cod. With the perks and the xp and leveling up, but what do you expect? It' activision they are the one who publishes COD so they obviously took some of the ideas out of it and put it for Goldeneye's multiplayer.

#8thedan11Posted 12/20/2010 2:31:50 PM

Black Ops Wii is a crashing game. So just get GoldenEye.

irony detector broken.
#9qlaxmicmizzel38Posted 12/20/2010 2:38:34 PM
You can't stray very far from the COD multiplayer... pretty much every FPS online will be like COD's, and you can't really call this game a 'wannabe COD' multiplayer wise because it is not the first online multiplayer to be like this and all other online FPS' are similar.
---
mkwii: Boo FC:5113-2345-5789
Goldeneye Wii: Boo FC: 3911-1773-0537
#10UmbreonaPosted 12/20/2010 3:14:38 PM

qlaxmicmizzel38 posted...
You can't stray very far from the COD multiplayer... pretty much every FPS online will be like COD's, and you can't really call this game a 'wannabe COD' multiplayer wise because it is not the first online multiplayer to be like this and all other online FPS' are similar.
---
mkwii: Boo FC:5113-2345-5789
Goldeneye Wii: Boo FC: 3911-1773-0537

I think you are not too on the ball with what exactly entails CoD multiplayer experience. As I listed above, there are a LOT of GREAT FPS's that do not subscribe to the crappy CoD St-yle

I also wanted to say that the PROPER line for this game is not "a Wannabe CoD" but instead this game is CoD that is a "Wannabe GoldenEye 64".