Timed Mines?...

#21Fin4everzPosted 1/7/2013 6:56:00 PM
GoldeneyeFan99 posted...
IMO completly useless and a waste of a gadget slot.
Im a lvl 56 now and I use mines on sniper and shotgun loadouts and still 2/3 of my Strata/ ivana loadouts have hi cap. I just think those extra bullets are so useful.
Anyway, my point is that why would any level 18/19+ (I think thats wen u unlock them) use them instead of hi cap wen even with a shotgun or sniper loadout, hi cap is more usefull.
Any noobs wanna give their reason?

QFT!!!
---
PROUD LEADER OF THE BATTERY ACID CLAN FOR GOLDENEYE! GE fc: 4595 6323 1384
#22TobiasFunk3Posted 1/7/2013 7:09:57 PM
Timed mines + sly = pro.

Use timed mines for the IED proficiency or randomly throw them in high traffic areas.
---
iS*Funke, -Apollo-
http://www.youtube.com/user/genoob007
#23Rollbar_RTMPosted 1/7/2013 7:22:20 PM
Timed mines>proxies bro
---
http://m.youtube.com/user/slikx1337x " We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time"
#24clintaxPosted 1/7/2013 8:43:27 PM
GoldeneyeFan99 posted...
same goes for distration, even with a thermal sniper RTM's are way better

Incorrect.

Timed mines are a good time. Distraction is the best time that can be had on GE. You're both doing it wrong.

lololol.
---
GE: 5 6 - C Q B: 4769-9959-2991 - Of the Real 56's.
PSN: Clintax
#25Nervio_Posted 1/7/2013 9:17:23 PM
GoldeneyeFan99 posted...
IMO completly useless and a waste of a gadget slot.
Im a lvl 56 now and I use mines on sniper and shotgun loadouts and still 2/3 of my Strata/ ivana loadouts have hi cap. I just think those extra bullets are so useful.
Anyway, my point is that why would any level 18/19+ (I think thats wen u unlock them) use them instead of hi cap wen even with a shotgun or sniper loadout, hi cap is more usefull.
Any noobs wanna give their reason?

Sorry, but if you think of the timed mine as a wall grenade (combined with MS) you can use them to detonate enemy mines, true: timed mines are not as versatile as RTM's.

On the other hand, HCM will help you kill any one with RA & BB, without having to reload (unless it's the default SMG you're using). Your choice.

Happy killing.
---
http://CLANorg.webs.com
GE Wii FC: Nervio *o 2934-4189-0635
#26GoldenWryPosted 1/8/2013 5:24:45 AM
A level 18 or 19 got me with a timed mine last week:

Picture the scene, we're playing jungle versus a bunch of low levels, so bad that I can stand still and spawnlock them in the bunker opp MI6 spawn. One of them notices how lazy I am being and throws a timed mine at me. I didn't notice until too late...
---
Wry
#27Nervio_Posted 1/8/2013 4:17:12 PM
GoldenWry posted...
A level 18 or 19 got me with a timed mine last week:

Picture the scene, we're playing jungle versus a bunch of low levels, so bad that I can stand still and spawnlock them in the bunker opp MI6 spawn. One of them notices how lazy I am being and throws a timed mine at me. I didn't notice until too late...

@GoldenWry: I know that feeling...

And this is why I wonder how many of these under-L30 are actually noobs and not some pro's alt.
---
#28LL_rTrPosted 1/8/2013 5:41:26 PM
timed mines are a lol experience. spam the heck out of them. no one cares.

OH, and the one everyone so far has missed.YOU CAN ADD THEM IN YOUR GRENADIER LOADOUT, giving you access to the most explosives in this game. TIMED MINES DO NOT INTERFERE, OR LOCK YOUR WEAPONS, rendering you useless.

imagine industrial, starting off, switching to toob and then running to the stairs, tossing a TIMED mine , waiting, and then double BOOM!!
expands the blast radius.

Distraction is fun paired with pcl. today, in night club, I ran up the stairs following two enemies, threw a flash, happened to be three guys up there, flashed em all and swept them up with the lazered spec- r.

spamming smoke, Against Next is also the new thing to do.

there you have it.
TIMED MINES = access to the most explosives
DISTRACTION = streaking is awesome
#29LL_rTrPosted 1/8/2013 5:58:25 PM
LL_rTr posted...
YOU CAN ADD THEM IN YOUR GRENADIER LOADOUT, giving you access to the most explosives in this game. TIMED MINES DO NOT INTERFERE, OR LOCK YOUR WEAPONs.

spamming smoke, Against Next is also the new thing to do.

TIMED MINES = access to the most explosives
DISTRACTION = smoking can be deadly

make sure you try it out goldeneyefan.
#30Nervio_Posted 1/8/2013 7:09:19 PM
LL_rTr posted...
timed mines are a lol experience. spam the heck out of them. no one cares.

OH, and the one everyone so far has missed.YOU CAN ADD THEM IN YOUR GRENADIER LOADOUT, giving you access to the most explosives in this game. TIMED MINES DO NOT INTERFERE, OR LOCK YOUR WEAPONS, rendering you useless.
Huh! If you're saying this because of RTM's, then thanks for letting me know that this is a bug, and not a glitch on my disk.

The only way I avoid having locked (on my wiimote) the crosspad, is by switching to my secondary (regardless of using MT), then the RTM goes off, it's a little bit time consuming, but at least I can shoot and run.
---