why do you play this game when Legends is so much better?

#101coreyerbPosted 1/8/2013 8:42:10 PM
Fire_Plover posted...
coreyerb posted...
As much as I enjoy satire, is it incomprehensible that some of us might enjoy different things from others? Remember when the internet laughed at GoldenEye Wii as a money-grab remake? Oops, turns out we have fun despite its flaws. Same with Legends.

I have Legends and BO2 and for me, it's not even close. BO2 is reduced to constant lag comp complaining, while Legends actually feels like GE, where if you have skill you know which firefights you'll win.

Reading through this thread, TC is the reason people are responding the way they are. If TC actually had any valid points and didn't sound like some Nigerian scam (Greetings, friend, I am in the middle of a transfer of 1.1 million units of 007 Legends), people would probably be inclined to maybe take this as a serious topic.

Also, no Wiimote support. Pretty sure Eurocom died, so no chance of a patch either. If I wanted a dual analog shooter, I'd play my Xbox.

True, it's more the general attitude about it, not just here. I'd hope at least here we'd realize it's possible (for some people, not everyone) to have fun with a flawed game. It's the people who take it as serious who are being absurdly irrational about it.

Fair objection, but many of us don't have another system and we've adjusted to dual analogs pretty well. You're correct, there's no hope of any sort of developer support. What you buy is all you're getting.
---
NNID: LoeliaPonsonby / iS*LoPo - http://ironsightge.webs.com
#102THEMACHINE007Posted 1/8/2013 9:02:20 PM
Screw dual analog, ill use dpad and A and B buttons only.
---
For I have the power to kill, without the power to die. THE MACHINE.
#103RS_YELARAKAPosted 1/8/2013 10:21:47 PM
Legends is full of lag. Its not the same type of lag as BOPS2 though. Legends runs like the GEWii host lag where you feel underwater. And since Legends is soooooo slow paced (as i run speed) it made it unplayable to me. BOPS2 lag is the 1-2 seconds behind lag. Both make each game frustrating. However there is so much right about BOPS2 and so much wrong about Legends that its a no brainer.

How can anyone play a game where the movements are so jerky and clunky that aiming at times is just pure luck. And on Legends you get the BS gun rise when shot and there is bo toughness to combat it. So combine that with the underwater lag, clunky, jerky mechanics and there you have it. Legends in a nutshell.

Only 8 maps where 2 are exactly the same and 4 of the 8 give you the same environmental feel (refinery 1&2, SmeltingRoom, LoadingBay)
---
GamerTag - YELARAKA (LeAdEr Of Da ReDsKrEeN kLaN)
RecentGames - GER, 007Legends, NCAA13, BF3, BOPS2
#104Brontide75(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 1:19:26 AM
RS_YELARAKA posted...
Legends is full of lag. Its not the same type of lag as BOPS2 though. Legends runs like the GEWii host lag where you feel underwater. And since Legends is soooooo slow paced (as i run speed) it made it unplayable to me. BOPS2 lag is the 1-2 seconds behind lag. Both make each game frustrating. However there is so much right about BOPS2 and so much wrong about Legends that its a no brainer.

How can anyone play a game where the movements are so jerky and clunky that aiming at times is just pure luck. And on Legends you get the BS gun rise when shot and there is bo toughness to combat it. So combine that with the underwater lag, clunky, jerky mechanics and there you have it. Legends in a nutshell.

Only 8 maps where 2 are exactly the same and 4 of the 8 give you the same environmental feel (refinery 1&2, SmeltingRoom, LoadingBay)

Now here's a gamer that's a thinker and has the patience and confidence to try different genres of games like Legends!
Your latency issue is troubling but not entirely unsolvable. There are many avenues we can evplore to correct it. Have you written a letter to your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and asked them to repair it?
---
NNID: RedSteel15
#105RSMiamiPosted 1/9/2013 1:50:45 AM
Brontide75 posted...
Now here's a gamer that's a thinker and has the patience and confidence to try different genres of games like Legends!
Your latency issue is troubling but not entirely unsolvable. There are many avenues we can evplore to correct it. Have you written a letter to your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and asked them to repair it?

Yep. Yela is a thinker. But latency lag can't always be repaired by your ISP. There are physical limitations to the overall ceiling speed of your internet connection. Most especially the physical distance that you are from your local exchange. This cannot be improved unless you physically pick up your house and move it closer to the exchange. Barring the addition of a fibre optic cable connection (which would raise your overall internet ping/upload/download speeds and throw the game lag compensation mechanics out of whack) you're stuck with what you have... MOST of the time :)
---
The only time I was wrong, was when I thought I was wrong. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKYZSuKEq3U
[RS]Enzo
#106Brontide75(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 3:28:39 AM
RSMiami posted...
Brontide75 posted...

Yep. Yela is a thinker. But latency lag can't always be repaired by your ISP. There are physical limitations to the overall ceiling speed of your internet connection. Most especially the physical distance that you are from your local exchange. This cannot be improved unless you physically pick up your house and move it closer to the exchange. Barring the addition of a fibre optic cable connection (which would raise your overall internet ping/upload/download speeds and throw the game lag compensation mechanics out of whack) you're stuck with what you have... MOST of the time :)

That's possible but likely not probable. You see Enzo, "lag" as you reference it, is access time minus (-) word time. Which can be easily resolved by writing your Legends Internet Service Provider. Only they have the power and knowledge to elucidate such a daunting task.
---
NNID: RedSteel15
#107JmyWhsprsPosted 1/9/2013 4:52:32 AM
The kind of lag that I got from GE was so bad that I just shut down and stopped talking about it...

I've been playing Legends for 3 weeks now , 1 instance of lag...

What said about the controls it's true but I only see that as a challenge.
- The game is "inspired" By GE so much that the Heroes still have the same sayings when they yell at you for losing. lol
- I just unlocked the strata and am going to put rapid-fire and a compensator on it (reduces recoil).

Idk..... Meow :3
---
FC: 2072-1579-5145 56-JmyWhsprs
[Chief Operator]NNID:JmyWhsprs
#108RS_YELARAKAPosted 1/9/2013 7:31:54 AM
LOL this dude is comical.

There is nothing wrong with my 30/10mbps high speed internet. My laptop pings out anywhere from 15-30. I have ZERO lag on MW3 and that was when I had 15/5mbps speed through the same company. As far as BOPS2 goes MANY people have the lag comp issue. On Legends every friend and person I knew who played it had the same under water lag issue. Legends lag has some to do with a very low population therefore you fall into very incompatible and unfavorable lobbies. The horrid framerate and lag is also just a matter of bad programming. For example in campaign you get lag..... go down to the bottom of smelting room location where you take photographs and you will experience issues. Or on the mission where you need to infiltrate the Vault, at the beginning when you are constantly being rushed by enemies there is issues. Bag game programming.

And I could give 2 turdnuggets about how intelligent you wanna portray yourself. Its a video game forum not a college essay assignment. SMD
---
#109RS_YELARAKAPosted 1/9/2013 7:33:25 AM
JmyWhsprs posted...
The kind of lag that I got from GE was so bad that I just shut down and stopped talking about it...

I've been playing Legends for 3 weeks now , 1 instance of lag...

What said about the controls it's true but I only see that as a challenge.
- The game is "inspired" By GE so much that the Heroes still have the same sayings when they yell at you for losing. lol
- I just unlocked the strata and am going to put rapid-fire and a compensator on it (reduces recoil).

Idk..... Meow :3

No need for rapidfire with the already powerful strata. No need for compensator either, there is barely any recoil lol. Go Microbarrel and High Cap, you are welcome :)
---
#110Deeds_Posted 1/9/2013 7:53:24 AM
oh yeah, legends is so good that it doesn't even have a party system and has no wiimote controls.
---
http://www.change.org/petitions/dark-souls-ii-for-the-nintendo-wiiu
NNID = Teabag