Minesweeper is overrated

#1knightsp29Posted 1/19/2013 7:45:58 PM
Sure it can save your butt from a few proxies, but why would you have that over SS, or BB? I'd rather run with those gadgets anyday. Plus, with all the time spent looking at your radar, you'll eventually start getting killed while distracted. Doesn't help that you can't tell which mines are your teammates or even yours.
---
GE 007 FC: 3988-8644-6749 56-Z:Majora
3DS FC: 1934-0669-1230 Michael
#2weaponx4462Posted 1/19/2013 7:47:48 PM
knightsp29 posted...
Sure it can save your butt from a few proxies, but why would you have that over SS, or BB? I'd rather run with those gadgets anyday. Plus, with all the time spent looking at your radar, you'll eventually start getting killed while distracted. Doesn't help that you can't tell which mines are your teammates or even yours.

if yer the only 50something on the team you can
---
"THE"56- DEADPOOL (Main)FC:4267-7896-6787
Deadpool-(MW3):????????
#3Betrayer-BotPosted 1/19/2013 7:51:58 PM
I have it on 4/5 Loadouts... And i pwn everyone. I don't need SS/BB.
---
Jessica Alba <3
30-Streaks: 127# Last: 36-0(48-3) - Nightclub
#4TrencheePosted 1/19/2013 8:13:46 PM
I guess it just depends on how aware you can be of your radar whilst not letting it hinder your gameplay.

It's not too hard to tell which are your teammates proxies anyway. As for your own, that's just memory. I find MS extremely useful 'cause most of my gameplay consists of reading the radar, spawnpoint knowledge, etc. and my reflexes anyway. I suck at aiming if you ask me but oh well
---
3590-0589-7276 - CLOYSTER* Skype: trenchee1121
5245-9066-0669 - THE TRENCH "Only COWARDS use silencers!"
#5GSMcQueenPosted 1/19/2013 8:15:14 PM
It seems that way at first, but you get used to the radar. There are scenarios where it really helps.

The frustrating thing is being careful to avoid proxies and having random teammates in berzerker mode ignoring you and running straight into them. Aren't you wondering why I stopped short of that door and backed away?

But you don't need to have it on a custom loadout. If it ever seems particularly advantageous you can just use the default SMG loadout, which is BOSS.
---
GS*McQueen -- Magnet Man -- /.MaxFischer
#6double0stevePosted 1/19/2013 8:20:55 PM
this thread finally made me log into gamefaqs on my new phone..i am lazy, myes.
anyways, i agree wholeheartedly, i wish minesweeper would work more like sitrep does in call of duty, it glows all of the enemy equipment so you can see it through walls. it would make the gadget much more useful, also there is much better perks to use than that all the time. also! i agree with the looking at the radar all the time in such a fast paced game is annoying, as everyone else gets the jump on you.
good thread maj.
#7Peppa_PigPosted 1/19/2013 8:37:19 PM
GSMcQueen posted...
...Aren't you wondering why I stopped short of that door and backed away?

LMAO. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks like this!
---
Spaghetti and jumping in muddy puddles - My idea of a good day.
Peppa Pig
#8DarxWingDuckPosted 1/19/2013 9:30:46 PM
knightsp29 posted...

i use to think this too... i was wrong. it's really not hard to use mine sweeper effectively. so what if you can't tell if it's your team mates mine.... blow it up if you're not sure and move along.
#9SoBawsPosted 1/19/2013 9:38:40 PM
weaponx4462 posted...
knightsp29 posted...

if yer the only 50something on the team you can

This answer suX as bad as MS does. Try again.
#10RSMiamiPosted 1/19/2013 9:57:10 PM
I actually only have one loadout with a minesweeper on it.

It just so happens that it's the same loadout that has proximity mines :)
---
The only time I was wrong, was when I thought I was wrong. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKYZSuKEq3U
[RS]Enzo