Nintendo maintaining this game's servers?

#1FuzzyJelloPosted 1/27/2013 10:19:33 AM
Apologies for potential cOLD.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp

I know Nintendo published the game in Japan, but I go to what looks like their NA-EU page from an article about their emergency network repairs and I see this. I suppose it means the game will stay up longer, but I had always thought third parties maintained their WFC services.
#2GSMcQueenPosted 1/27/2013 11:04:31 AM
I guess Nintendo knows where their bread is buttered. With the death of Eurocom, the incompetence of Activision, and now the fact the license is up on the franchise (all Bond games are gone from Steam, XBox 360, and Activision's site), maybe Nintendo will make some efforts to acquire the license or influence its future.
---
GS*McQueen -- Magnet Man -- /.MaxFischer
#3theskogsPosted 1/27/2013 12:45:26 PM
I'm sure third parties did, but with all going down with eurocom and activision there was probably a discussion about the future of the game. If they can't keep employees, probably can't take care of servers either. This game must be popular enough and have enough players online to justify keeping it alive, not to mention its still being sold.

Good find, think I'll bookmark that. might come in handy when stuff isn't working
---
iS*kogs 4969-0899-6473
THE SKOGS (or ?) XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
#4GoldenWryPosted 1/28/2013 11:49:32 AM
hmm, maintenaince between 10am and 4pm on Thursdays (GMT)

Good job I'm at work.
---
Wry
#5JmyWhsprsPosted 1/28/2013 11:57:12 AM
GSMcQueen posted...
I guess Nintendo knows where their bread is buttered. With the death of Eurocom, the incompetence of Activision, and now the fact the license is up on the franchise (all Bond games are gone from Steam, XBox 360, and Activision's site), maybe Nintendo will make some efforts to acquire the license or influence its future.

^ that would be awesome
---
FC: 2072-1579-5145 56-JmyWhsprs
[Chief Operator]NNID:JmyWhsprs, [56] JmyWhsprs
#6FuzzyJello(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 4:21:40 PM
JmyWhsprs posted...
GSMcQueen posted...

^ that would be awesome

It really would, if Nintendo could find a way for it to not stink the way 007 Legends did (And not just because it was rushed, I do pity Eurocom for having Activision twist their arm like that, but the idea that you can reboot every Bond movie the way Eurocom did Goldeneye is nonsense).

But if Nintendo is managing the servers than that's almost unquestionably extended the life of the game. And that's wonderful.