When do you think we will see a new Bond game?

#11007WerePigPosted 3/14/2013 3:12:51 PM
CSPAN3 posted...
I saw an article about the Bond series. Made the point that Bond game developers focus too much on taking Bond to exotic locations and making the games super action-packed. It said that developers focus too much on trying to make the player feel like Bond. It suggested that Bond games would be better if there was a deeper plot and more complex gameplay. That it would be okay if we felt less like Bond, and felt more like we were watching Bond. The article pointed out that the 007 films and novels focus on the character and complexities of Bond, and if a video game did that it would be more successful. Thoughts?

Yes and no. But as long as it has another great online I don't care which way they make it.
---
~007WerePig~ [TB]: 4136-2155-7528 [W.44] 0443-3195-0802
#12Yoshi_Z16Posted 3/14/2013 3:15:35 PM
All I want is a Klobb and N64 maps and skins, IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR?
---
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9F0IiJ_MTA
Goldeneye IGN: 56-Yosh!, FC 1346 2654 5671.
#13CSPAN3(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 7:19:39 PM
Gareth_HTAFC posted...
I don't give a damn about plot or Bond as a character. I want to drive a tank through St. Petersburg, use a RCP90 and Grenade Launcher AT THE SAME TIME etc. Don't make Bond games deep, they're some of the last FPS's that aren't trying to be realistic or futuristic. Let me just shoot dudes with whatever the hell I want

I love all those things too, but don't you think they could still have all of those things and have a better/more involved plot/characters? I think it would help the long-term success of a Bond game and/or the Bond series.

GE N64 had all of those things, yet managed to to turn one of the more mediocre (imo) Bond films into a classic game. They didn't rush it out for the movie, it took a few years in production. They spent time developing the game and giving it more depth (at least by N64 standards). They added unlockable secret levels, multiple villains, an awesome multiplayer, yet still managed to follow the plot of the movie and do a great job putting into the game. The Wii version? No unlockable levels. One villain. They did a worse job with the plot. You could argue that the multiplayer is great, but it has many flaws for a Wii/PS3/Xbox360 generation game. I'm not even sure the developer realized why the multiplayer was so great, as Reloaded and Legends has strayed further from the formula that made GE Wii's popular.
---
Charge Man: I'm the hunk train, you're the junk train
The number of cars I can pull at one time: 314159
#14TMac987654321Posted 3/14/2013 8:12:32 PM
After what they did with reloaded and legends, i dont want another bond game.
---
T-Mac
#15CSPAN3(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 8:22:36 PM
TMac987654321 posted...

:C awww.... T-Mac. But...... Bond. James Bond......
---
#16CSPAN3(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 8:25:28 PM
TMac987654321 posted...

Though I agree about Reloaded and Legends. Epic fails. I own every Bond game produced since GE N64.... except Reloaded and Legends. I'm a Bond fan, but even I can't justify spending $15+ on dat sheet. Legends is stiill about $40+ too. Ridiculous.
---
#17proudlyhated87Posted 3/14/2013 8:36:09 PM
GE N64 had the best in game music ever.
---
56-Hyper ~ FC: 3539-9062-9773
YT Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/ProudlyHated23277
#18DarxWingDuckPosted 3/22/2013 3:42:33 PM
CSPAN3 posted...
Little news has been released on what is happening with the Bond license. Will Activision let someone else pick up the rights? Seems silly, as Bond could be such a profitable series. Only time will tell, I guess. GE may be the last good Bond game for awhile...

bump
#19DBPanterAPosted 3/22/2013 5:51:06 PM
It's going to be awhile before another Bond game.

Activision let the Bond license expire, meaning, they are done making Bond games. No studio has picked up the license.

A new Bond film is a ways out, and I would expect the next game to be released around the time of that movie. Also, consider that most games take between 1-4 years to develop, and it will be awhile.

I am not exactly sure who I would want to pick up the license. The fact is, the general public will dismiss it if it doesn't play/handle like Call of Duty. That is the biggest hurdle most game developers have when creating a FPS is that those that test the games complain about aspects that they enjoy in Call of Duty.

I feel like many around here that the N64 version was great. However, the average consumer has changed and the things that we enjoyed while playing that game a long time ago just don't fly with today's gamer. The reward for doing speed runs was unlocking different things in the N64 version. Today, that is a trophy or achievement that actually has no value whatsoever.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036