Controversy: I deduce that the 'Skill' vs 'Connection' debate is: 10/90

#1Peppa_PigPosted 3/19/2013 10:14:04 PM
Hypothesis:
That GE ability is 90% connection.

Aim:
To remove the element of skill and determine whether a good score/KDR can be achieved.

Method: (Controversial)
- Play 5 games of Heroes/Team Conflict to establish an average size sample. (1 hour gameplay)
- Arm almost every competitive but covert hack to enable an easy game (removing skill) and see what other aspects affect my score.
- Hacks used: Radar, Instant reload, No recoil, Unlimited ammo, Rapid fire, silencer <-- lol, all mines/grenades.
- Collect and establish a mean of scores/opponent levels.

Results:
- Average over 5 Heroes matches: 44-2-9
- Average over 5 Team Conflict matches: 26-6
- Average opponent Level over 5 Heroes matches: 36
- Average opponent Level over 5 Team Conflict matches: 43

Discussion:
If you've read this far, you're probably laughing your a** off at my scores. In the 10 game sample, I was able to see everyone. I was armed with a minesweeper. I did not have to reload. I had a superior RoF. I had unlimited ammo and grenades. I had a silencer on. Hipfiring was simple and unaltered by no recoil. Yet, I still got mutuals even though I knew I was coming head to head with an opponent. I still got shot in the back even though if I pirouetted 180 degrees, I could establish everyone's location. I still died even though I had sufficient hacks to assist my survival. The only thing I can deduce is that my connection was to blame for my lack of being able to keep up with my opponents even though I had advantages with hacks.

Conclusion:
Due to the fact that 44-2-9 isn't outstanding by a long shot (especially considering the removal of the element of skill, because with the hacks that I had armed, I'm sure a noob could post those scores...) I deduce that connection is much more important than skill. I used the MUP as a standard of high play (50 kills) and mathematically, it works out that connection constitutes 90% of what the score would be. Therefore, in a rough round about way?...

TLDR:
GE ability is: 90% connection and 10% your own skill.

Additional discussion below if you like.
---
Spaghetti and jumping in muddy puddles - My idea of a good day.
Peppa Pig
#2double0stevePosted 3/19/2013 10:22:28 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3Peppa_Pig(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 10:27:18 PM
double0steve posted...
why would you do that, just to be a dick? gfy.

Why do you have to be so hostile? People go infinitely better than I did without hacks right? Kaly, AERO, Lar, Mexican, B:Starr, [RS]Joker... You get so riled up over a video game. Relax. Take a chill pill :3
---
Peppa Pig
#4dustin2705Posted 3/19/2013 10:29:15 PM(edited)
Peppa_Pig posted...
Hypothesis:
That GE ability is 90% connection.

Aim:
To remove the element of skill and determine whether a good score/KDR can be achieved.

Method: (Controversial)
- Play 5 games of Heroes/Team Conflict to establish an average size sample. (1 hour gameplay)
- Arm almost every competitive but covert hack to enable an easy game (removing skill) and see what other aspects affect my score.
- Hacks used: Radar, Instant reload, No recoil, Unlimited ammo, Rapid fire, silencer <-- lol, all mines/grenades.
- Collect and establish a mean of scores/opponent levels.

Results:
- Average over 5 Heroes matches: 44-2-9
- Average over 5 Team Conflict matches: 26-6
- Average opponent Level over 5 Heroes matches: 36
- Average opponent Level over 5 Team Conflict matches: 43

Discussion:
If you've read this far, you're probably laughing your a** off at my scores. In the 10 game sample, I was able to see everyone. I was armed with a minesweeper. I did not have to reload. I had a superior RoF. I had unlimited ammo and grenades. I had a silencer on. Hipfiring was simple and unaltered by no recoil. Yet, I still got mutuals even though I knew I was coming head to head with an opponent. I still got shot in the back even though if I pirouetted 180 degrees, I could establish everyone's location. I still died even though I had sufficient hacks to assist my survival. The only thing I can deduce is that my connection was to blame for my lack of being able to keep up with my opponents even though I had advantages with hacks.

Conclusion:
Due to the fact that 44-2-9 isn't outstanding by a long shot (especially considering the removal of the element of skill, because with the hacks that I had armed, I'm sure a noob could post those scores...) I deduce that connection is much more important than skill. I used the MUP as a standard of high play (50 kills) and mathematically, it works out that connection constitutes 90% of what the score would be. Therefore, in a rough round about way?...

TLDR:
GE ability is: 90% connection and 10% your own skill.

Additional discussion below if you like.

Or maybe your 44-2-9 games with haX is 10% skill.
---
dextah'
YT acc: www.youtube.com/goldeneyestryker
#5Peppa_Pig(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 10:32:27 PM
dustin2705 posted...

This is a very interesting observation. I didn't think of that. I had actually ruled out skill altogether in my games as I didn't think it required any.

It just seemed in my findings that even if you were THAT good that you could play AS IF you had hacks (Like what many people are saying about [SaD]B:Starr) if you didn't have a good connection, you wouldn't do as well as someone who DID have a good connection.

My thought is: Connection > Skill.
---
Peppa Pig
#6proudlyhated87Posted 3/19/2013 10:36:06 PM
All of the people with good connections will say that skill > connection
All of the people with bad connections will say that connection > skill

GE is terrible
---
56-Hyper ~ FC: 3539-9062-9773
YT Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/ProudlyHated23277
#7dustin2705Posted 3/19/2013 10:36:27 PM
Peppa_Pig posted...
dustin2705 posted...

This is a very interesting observation. I didn't think of that. I had actually ruled out skill altogether in my games as I didn't think it required any.

It just seemed in my findings that even if you were THAT good that you could play AS IF you had hacks (Like what many people are saying about [SaD]B:Starr) if you didn't have a good connection, you wouldn't do as well as someone who DID have a good connection.

My thought is: Connection > Skill.

As I have noticed, he has a good connection is his videos. But, he has only recorded games in Team Conflict, which usually has less skilled players. All the talk about him has been when he played board members on heroes mode mostly and getting exceptional scores. This maybe could not only just be connection.
---
dextah'
YT acc: www.youtube.com/goldeneyestryker
#8Don_JavidPosted 3/19/2013 10:36:38 PM
Hmmm, the scientific method. I learned that in 8th or 9th grade.

Hi Mr. Mini
---
Cage FC: 3572-1686-9458 http://www.MK007.webs.com
NNID: Don_Javid
#9double0stevePosted 3/19/2013 10:37:03 PM
Peppa_Pig posted...
double0steve posted...
why would you do that, just to be a dick? gfy.

Why do you have to be so hostile? People go infinitely better than I did without hacks right? Kaly, AERO, Lar, Mexican, B:Starr, [RS]Joker... You get so riled up over a video game. Relax. Take a chill pill :3

why would you ruin the game for others, then try to make it out like you did someone a favor. you are completely idiotic. if i know your main, because you are too afraid of being "recognized", which tbh, who gives a f*** anyways, go ahead and erase any contact i have with you, skype, friend list, everything, you are an idiot.

you dont see me trying to hide the fact that i know how to hack, but then again, i do it to help people, you do it to ruin 7 other peoples games, every game, all the time.
---
Official Peace-Outer of GE.
#10GSMcQueenPosted 3/19/2013 10:38:29 PM(edited)
Your average game in TC with hacks enabled is pretty typical for a good player facing randoms. Without hacks. During off-peak hours (i.e., when my neighbors aren't hogging the area bandwidth), I average more than 25 kills per match in TC. I don't have any delusions that I'm an elite player, but I know what I'm doing, and most people in TC are total noobs.
---
GS*McQueen (2731-6076-1645) = Magnet Man (2799-0884-6414) = melee-only: Kirk Fu (5138-0321-4530)