Controversy: I deduce that the 'Skill' vs 'Connection' debate is: 10/90

#31double0stevePosted 3/20/2013 12:22:24 AM
goldie1967 posted...

@ Steve, I know Peppa's main... he is not an idiot bud, far from it.

i dont care if he is james bond himself, what the hell gives him the right, and not you, me, or everyone that plays this game? and i have no respect for people who are so "afraid" about their freaking internet persona being tarnished. its just assinine.
peace out.
---
Official Peace-Outer of GE.
#32Peppa_Pig(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 12:44:04 AM
double0steve posted...
i dont care if he is james bond himself, what the hell gives him the right, and not you, me, or everyone that plays this game? and i have no respect for people who are so "afraid" about their freaking internet persona being tarnished. its just assinine.
peace out.

It's a blurry line when you talk about what rights a person has in a video game, coming from someone who helps people by providing XP lobbies and puts up silly threads like 'wanting to God Mode everyone'.

Just because a person doesn't think like you, doesn't mean they're an idiot, or a clown or that they should go f*** themselves. I choose to conceal my identity for my own reasons and not for the reasons imbedded in your mind. Along the lines of THE CLAN, perhaps it's wisest to use the ignore function or mod my topics and posts if you think necessary.

The peace certainly IS out when you address me with the hostility you have...
---
Spaghetti and jumping in muddy puddles - My idea of a good day.
Peppa Pig
#33double0stevePosted 3/20/2013 1:10:09 AM(edited)
Peppa_Pig posted...
double0steve posted...
peace out.

It's a blurry line when you talk about what rights a person has in a video game, coming from someone who helps people by providing XP lobbies and puts up silly threads like 'wanting to God Mode everyone'.

Just because a person doesn't think like you, doesn't mean they're an idiot, or a clown or that they should go f*** themselves. I choose to conceal my identity for my own reasons and not for the reasons imbedded in your mind. Along the lines of THE CLAN, perhaps it's wisest to use the ignore function or mod my topics and posts if you think necessary.

The peace certainly IS out when you address me with the hostility you have...

I only have boosted people back to their original levels. In fact, the only reason my wii is hacked was for blackecho, when his kid erased his profile. since then, i have helped, people like Lady, Daisy, and Forever war just yesterday. There is a difference.

You know peoples rights, you have them memorized obviously, ahem, but you also know that hacking an online game is against the law.

And yes, i overreact, thats what happens to me when i stay sober for extended periods of time, i think about things way too much, and let things overly bother me.

I certainly wouldnt be so hostile if you werent trying to be someone your not. Either way, i apologize for givin you hell about it.

---
#34Peppa_Pig(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 1:21:00 AM
double0steve posted...
I only have boosted people back to their original levels. In fact, the only reason my wii is hacked was for blackecho, when his kid erased his profile. since then, i have helped, people like Lady, Daisy, and Forever war just yesterday. There is a difference.

You know peoples rights, you have them memorized obviously, ahem, but you also know that hacking an online game is against the law.

And yes, i overreact, thats what happens to me when i stay sober for extended periods of time, i think about things way too much, and let things overly bother me.

I certainly wouldnt be so hostile if you werent trying to be someone your not. Either way, i apologize for givin you hell about it.

Gees you're lucky I came back into the thread to read something while I was typing my reply. So I saw your edit :)

Apology accepted for the verbal outburst and nothing else. You do not have to apologize (and I'm not sure if you even were...) for your opinion. Of course you can have a difference of opinion on things like my main, my alt and the differences between them. My only small gripe was the language delivery of the opinion.

Anyhow... To use a pun, 'No harm, no foul'. And if you didn't know... I would have helped out Forever if you hadn't :) Yes, there are times when it's (hacking) different and I know that you are a good judge of the difference.
---
Spaghetti and jumping in muddy puddles - My idea of a good day.
Peppa Pig
#35double0stevePosted 3/20/2013 1:34:03 AM
Peppa_Pig posted...
double0steve posted...

Gees you're lucky I came back into the thread to read something while I was typing my reply. So I saw your edit :)

Apology accepted for the verbal outburst and nothing else. You do not have to apologize (and I'm not sure if you even were...) for your opinion. Of course you can have a difference of opinion on things like my main, my alt and the differences between them. My only small gripe was the language delivery of the opinion.

Anyhow... To use a pun, 'No harm, no foul'. And if you didn't know... I would have helped out Forever if you hadn't :) Yes, there are times when it's (hacking) different and I know that you are a good judge of the difference.

haha, good games bud.

I still think basketball sucks tho.;)
---
#36MrBIGsmilePosted 3/20/2013 1:39:53 AM
most times there are one or two people truly suffering from s**t connenction instead of one player having advantage over everyone.
it is overestimated on average, but underestimated for individuals (in individual games).

example: hosting for me usually isnt bad. more cursorstalls, lower framerate, BUT hitdetection like firing golden bullets. sometimes, it gets f*cked up because of some crappy connections on other sides. i lose my hitdetection, making it super hard to go even 1:1, no matter the competition.
---
MrBIGsmile - sort of inactive
#37CatchMyFade16Posted 3/20/2013 5:49:27 AM
Tldr but I did sleuther you TC.....pinched
---
Robot Master Elec Man- FC: 0162-2002-1516
PSN: Elec_Man1
#38roboman125Posted 3/20/2013 6:19:51 AM
I kind of believe Zap with the 50/50 ratio, but it HAS to change accordingly to varying factors. I.e. hosts, different region players, status of connection at that time. And in most cases, as with Japanese non hacking players with even 1% true skill, it tips the ratio as well.

Causing an over 100 ratio to occur. Take STRYKER for example:
Starting 50/50
Skill + 25 (just a number)
Connection: though it supposedly sucks like mine, he supposedly gets an insane advantage against most players. So in this case, the numbers for connection would rise.
+ 50

His ratio now stands at 75/100. It mathematically is unsound, but these are the stats that estimate if and how long a player usually keeps playing.
---
Roboman[DS], RoboSlap fc- 4614 6452 4690 GE:007
MHTri: Masahiro the Drunken Fisherman. The Official MH Rapper.
#39roboman125Posted 3/20/2013 6:33:21 AM
Continued:

And think about it. A majority of people that still play are ones that have a higher connection and/or skill rate. Why would you keep playing if you didnt enjoy it. -15 skill. And why would you keep playing with constant lag and no let up at all? -30 connection. Again just numbers picked:
35/20

You will hardly ever run into people that suck like this constantly, DUE TO THEM STOPPING, though there are those who continue to do so. And like me, I play casually because my numbers vary so much. Sometimes im invincible, others Im stuck in a rut. Both are due to skill and connection accordingly. For these same reasons, numbers change for others as well appropriately.

Now there are players like B:Star-
40/125. You gotta admit, his playstyle isn't fancy. But it doesn't have to be to put up kills like his, with the connection he has.

Feel free to shoot holes through this, but I feel its about right. I may not be explaining it as best as I could, forgive me lol
---
Roboman[DS], RoboSlap fc- 4614 6452 4690 GE:007
MHTri: Masahiro the Drunken Fisherman. The Official MH Rapper.
#40CSPAN3Posted 3/20/2013 6:46:38 AM
Waahh. We all blame connection. We all think everyone else has a better connection then us. It's the human way. Sometimes it's true, sometimes it isn't.
---
Charge Man: I'm the hunk train, you're the junk train
The number of cars I can pull at one time: 314159