The telltale signs of a horrible game to be

#21Johnny_Utah_Posted 5/9/2013 8:25:02 PM
All these telltale signs aren't telltale signs at all for me, rather common in fact. If i was going to post this thread, it would have been titled "telltale signs that i might have decent connection to host." Reading all the posts makes think that I have one of the worst connections here. :/
---
Welcome to [4]Quad City -- Population: your whole team!
There are no elite players, just elite connections.
#22betaplay(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 11:39:26 AM
Johnny_Utah_ posted...
All these telltale signs aren't telltale signs at all for me, rather common in fact. If i was going to post this thread, it would have been titled "telltale signs that i might have decent connection to host." Reading all the posts makes think that I have one of the worst connections here. :/

If that's true you are lucky. Really bad connections can give an advantage just like really good ones do.
---
iS*later 0570 5537 0386 :::::::: The Gun Show 4726-8777-9712
#23007WerePigPosted 5/10/2013 12:21:27 PM
When you enter the match, and are immediately engulfed by hundreds of explosions.... hacker fun.
---
"I'm A Were-Pig, and I approve this message"
NEW GE FORUM GO HERE!!!: http://s13.zetaboards.com/GoldeneyeWii/index/ FC: 4136-2155-7528
#24Johnny_Utah_Posted 5/10/2013 1:52:49 PM
betaplay posted...
Johnny_Utah_ posted...

If that's true you are lucky. Really bad connections can give an advantage just like really good ones do.

I'm really not lucky to have the connection i do. I get insta killed 80% of the time plus the delay in reloading, sprinting, and detonating RTMs. Don't confuse "bad connection" with "bad internet." My internet quality is really good. My desktop gets 70 down / 10 up / 6 ping. A bad connection though is a bad connection. It's the worst aspect of this game (online anyway). Lag comp is supposed to make it a level playing field so-to-speak, yet Japanese players whose internet quality is way superior to mine (or anyone in the USA) still have a connection advantage. The game is just broken in that regard. Anyways, sorry for the rant. :/
---
#25GoldenRyPosted 5/10/2013 3:03:55 PM
Johnny_Utah = Funke 2.0.
#26Johnny_Utah_Posted 5/10/2013 7:21:35 PM
Funke is NTSC?
---
#27betaplay(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 6:42:38 PM
Johnny - I hear you. I was equating bad connection with bad Internet - thought that's what you meant. I'm in the same boat actually, and it's really frustrating sometimes. I can stream hd movies all day long but im almost always a few moments behind with my ge connection. I guess I would choose this over having really bad Internet in general but it would sure be a relief to skip around invisibly for a while in ge.
---
iS*later 0570 5537 0386 :::::::: The Gun Show 4726-8777-9712
#28proudlyhated87Posted 5/11/2013 10:36:59 PM
Johnny_Utah_ posted...
smooth_27 posted...
Johnny_Utah_ posted...
Topic: The telltale signs of a horrible game to be

Response: The sound of my wii u starting

Off topic: GGs last nite
On topic: When I see that i'm against a team like MK Ermac, Jya, Gray Fox, &.Merkoz

GGs to you sir.

proudlyhated87 posted...
I will quit immediately if I have to press the A button 5 times just to sprint.

If you had my connection, you would have traded in GE in a week.

TampaBondo posted...
When you run in a particular direction only to be teleported back to the original spot...repeatedly...and people start running in place...and then you get "Lost Connection to Host"

Not exactly a sign of a bad game like multiple reload sound or needing to hit button multiple times to sprint. You'd still be able to finish a game with these "symptoms." What you're describing isn't a "symptom" you can play through. Everything can be going fine for several minutes in a match then boom, LC.

My biggest connection disadvantage is when I shoot someone enough to kill them, but my bullets won't register until about 2 seconds afterward. Therefore, you have an extra 2 seconds to get a mutual on me.
---
ProudlyHated (Clanless) ~ FC: 3539-9062-9773
YT Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/ProudlyHated23277
#29Thecross10Posted 5/11/2013 10:40:10 PM
Johnny_Utah_ posted...

I feel your pain. All these "tell tell" signs are what I experience almost every game. Thats why I just play TDM and own all the noobs!!!
---
PS3: bringthe10pain
GE WII: Major Pain/ BANGurDEAD/THE30STREAK 106429789364
#30tk_vPosted 5/13/2013 5:00:23 PM
GoldenRy posted...
That's the last time I leave a Rude Welcome to you, Rollbar.

{goes to get V}
{Rollbar is already there}
{steps aside, watches him do it}
{Rollbar throws grenade, kills self}
{screen shakes uncontrollably}
{me and V mutual}

EDIT: I assume you'll see this here...

I am unRudeWelcomeable™ :D
---
<V> * RTMmagnet * BulletSponge * Melee Practitioner * Hat-Throwing Legend * Distraction Expert *