Does this game still have a lot of host quitting?

#11hyoid_manPosted 10/3/2013 11:48:03 PM
HQ can be a problem, but it doesn't seem as bad as it used to. There's still an odd night where I get A LOT of host quits, but not often. It will depend somewhat on how good you are, as hosts tend to quit more often when they are doing very poorly.

If you've got a good enough connection, just do the hosting yourself and you don't have to worry about it. Search for a lobby until you join one at the top of the list (this usually means you host). Try it out for a few games, and if the connection isn't complete garbage it might be worth it for you to host.

i will host for you! Ask around...my host>all

You got a three second jump at the beginning of every match the other night. I'd see you take off running and be halfway across the map by the time I spawned. No fair.
---
Currently playing: Goldeneye 007 (Wii), Majora's Mask (VC), FFIII (VC)
hyoidman[E7], 51: 4551-1166-5553
#12sketchturner(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 7:52:38 AM
Yeah... At the time I was seeing a lot of host quitting, I was getting really good at golden gun mode. I usually won by a landslide, and I guess it was ticking people off? It's funny because I think I am a pretty average player but Golden Gun just clicked for me all of a sudden. Especially on the statue level.
---
Now Playing:Black, Perfect Dark, Pilotwings 64, Road Rash 64, Skyward Sword, Wave Race 64
#13ProudlyHated74Posted 10/4/2013 9:06:42 AM(edited)
sketchturner posted...
Yeah... At the time I was seeing a lot of host quitting, I was getting really good at golden gun mode. I usually won by a landslide, and I guess it was ticking people off? It's funny because I think I am a pretty average player but Golden Gun just clicked for me all of a sudden. Especially on the statue level.

1. The person at the very top of a lobby is always the host.

2. Party up with friends that are fine with hosting games.
---
56-Hyper ~ FC: 3539-9062-9773
YT Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/ProudlyHated23277
#14VoxRationisPosted 10/5/2013 8:14:46 AM
In my experience, on average hosts quit in just under one in every five games. As a level 56 that doesn't need any XP and doesn't count my number of 30 streaks, I have learned to live with it, and in fact anticipate that a fair proportion of the games I play will end in a HQ. Clearly, it is more annoying for someone trying to gain XP to level up.

On a game by game basis there are things that increase the probability of a HQ, and things that decrease the probability.

Increase HQ probability:
Usage of Masterton, Proximity Mines, Grenade Launcher against the host
Spawn lock against the host
The host being on the losing team, particularly if this is by a significant margin
A hacker enters the lobby
Poor inter-connectivity between players causes the game's performance to suffer drastically

Decrease HQ probability:
Host the games yourself
Party with someone hosting the games
Avoid killing the host as much as possible!

At the end of the day, HQs are unfortunately part of the game. Accepting this will increase your enjoyment.
---
GoldenEye gun damage and rate of fire stats, damage formula, range mechanics and other resources:
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Project_NU/index.php?showforum=18
#15itsover8999Posted 10/5/2013 11:04:18 AM
VoxRationis posted...
In my experience, on average hosts quit in just under one in every five games. As a level 56 that doesn't need any XP and doesn't count my number of 30 streaks, I have learned to live with it, and in fact anticipate that a fair proportion of the games I play will end in a HQ. Clearly, it is more annoying for someone trying to gain XP to level up.

On a game by game basis there are things that increase the probability of a HQ, and things that decrease the probability.

Increase HQ probability:
The host being on the losing team, particularly if this is by a significant margin
Poor inter-connectivity between players causes the game's performance to suffer drastically

Decrease HQ probability:
Host the games yourself

At the end of the day, HQs are unfortunately part of the game. Accepting this will increase your enjoyment.

do you have a spreadsheet for that???
---
NNID: Kadurrpee
catcool246 posted... wepofkwpof
#16TMac987654321Posted 10/5/2013 11:23:40 AM
itsover8999 posted...
VoxRationis posted...

Increase HQ probability:

Decrease HQ probability:
Host the games yourself

Is that even a question?
---
T-Mac
MK NIGHTWOLF
#17itsover8999Posted 10/5/2013 11:27:36 AM
TMac987654321 posted...
itsover8999 posted...
VoxRationis posted...

Increase HQ probability:

Decrease HQ probability:
Host the games yourself

Is that even a question?

I put 3 question marks so its actually 3 questions
---
NNID: Kadurrpee
catcool246 posted... wepofkwpof
#18Skatz95Posted 10/5/2013 1:24:34 PM
retire. this is the worst fps on the wii. you still got host quitters and the game has horrible framerate and lag. people hack and board, including SLOWBREW sucks now since the game and community has died.
---
Current playing: Pokemon Black 2
#19VoxRationisPosted 10/5/2013 1:35:45 PM
TMac987654321 posted...
itsover8999 posted...

Is that even a question?

I'm surprised he even had to ask

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997757-goldeneye-007/67412205
---
GoldenEye gun damage and rate of fire stats, damage formula, range mechanics and other resources:
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Project_NU/index.php?showforum=18
#20TampaBondoPosted 10/5/2013 6:20:52 PM
VoxRationis posted...

Increase HQ probability:

Decrease HQ probability:
Host the games yourself

^This wall of text is 100% truth. Vox is truly a scholar of this game.
---
Proud member of [E7], [CG], [LS], W.44, and [R!P] !
TampaBondo... FC: 0605-5154-0786