Do you think your a good player because you use ads snap!!

#31THE_Chuck_NorisPosted 12/9/2013 7:55:22 AM
ImTheLoneWolf posted...
Im a good player because I nolifed this game for a while.

Mod?
---
Chairman of the Goldie fan club......you buttah believe it!
#32RSMiamiPosted 12/9/2013 3:02:20 PM
Eh... ADS snap? Love it or hate it - EVERYONE has it. (At least wiimotes do. Have no idea about dual analogs...)

But if you've ever wondered why you don't get as many kills when you turn it off?

Obviously, it's because everyone else has it ON and you're not killing people because you're busy DYING while Level 6's are ADS snapping you!

- No brainer -

If it's there, use it.

/end rant
/back to hibernation :)
---
Sgt. Hodges: "That's not a plan. That's a s*** sandwich without bread."
Memoirs of [RS]Enzo - Section 7(1)(a)
#33Rollbar_RTMPosted 12/9/2013 4:49:09 PM
RSMiami posted...
Eh... ADS snap? Love it or hate it - EVERYONE has it. (At least wiimotes do. Have no idea about dual analogs...)

But if you've ever wondered why you don't get as many kills when you turn it off?

Obviously, it's because everyone else has it ON and you're not killing people because you're busy DYING while Level 6's are ADS snapping you!

- No brainer -

If it's there, use it.

/end rant
/back to hibernation :)

Bro Bump.
---
S2 / R.T.M Divinity /'__'\ stoirtap 13
#34echrono(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2013 8:56:52 PM
An Argument For ADS Snap

Personally, I think it better mimics real life when you're using a wii mote controler or a gamecube controller for that matter. If I saw a target in my field of vision I would "snap" to it with my rifle and I would follow it, firing away. Then I would snap to the next target. I wouldn't track across slowly to the target. Try this: Focus on something in front of you. Now look at something 5 feet to the right of that object. Did you slowly track across that space with your vision? Did you quickly track across that space with your eyes? If you did, you're doing it wrong. I'm looking at my screen. Now I've snapped over to the stapler sitting on my desk.

My eyes aren't taking in all the Information Between. It's instant---even if I have to move my head. When aiming down the sights, I should be able to do the exact same thing from target to target. And this is difficult to create in a video game representation unless you are using an actual gun controller with no reticle (like Duck Hunt).

You may say---"But the wiimote acts like a gun because you have to actually aim with it. Isn't that mimicing real life?" Nope. WiiMote is always mimicking a version of hip firing. Even when you aim down the sights, your wiiMote is still down by your waist or wherever the heck you're holding it. The visual representation on the screen is all that changes. With ADS Snap, you can bring the rifle directly to your "eyesight" and the snap feature "locking on" better mimics how your brain/eyes/muscles will communicate to "lock" on your target when your not firing from the hip. Sure, IRL you're not on Auto-Pilot and won't have the same ability to stay on the moving target as much as ADS snap does. But if you want to mimic real life with a FPS, I shouldn't have to scan from target to target---I should be able to snap to it (Stapler.... monitor.... stapler... monitor...etc.) It should be an instant. When hiding behind cover, and popping up to a known target, I should be able to snap at it with the coordination between my noggin', eyes and muscles working in unison. You can't do that with the wiimote and it's probably worse with a game cube controller.

That's my BS, ill-informed justification. Obviously, this newb needs all the help he can get :) Now... a brother needs some lunch.
#35RS_YELARAKAPosted 12/10/2013 2:14:28 AM(edited)
ADS snap to draw in the casual and kiddie gamers. Nintendo is geared toward younger gamers so ads snap is there so they too can enjoy the game. Since it's in the game everyone might as well use it instead of crying about it. Odds are 6 of the 7 gamers you are facing have it turned on. You are only voluntarily putting yourself at a disadvantage. If you play with it off cool, that's on you as your decision.
---
GT - YELARAKA/RokSteadE (Member of RS Squad)
How Bout Them Denver Broncos!!
#36DarxWingDuckPosted 12/10/2013 4:03:11 PM
everybody has it, so it's fair.... this game is more about connection and reaction time because of it. other fps games puts a much higher value on accuracy and steady aim. i like it because it's different... if not for ads snap, this game would be exactly like all the other games.

i have far more from the hip accolades than the ads snap one, so take that for what it's worth. i would have no problem turning it off, but everybody else is using it so screw that. i'm not getting dommed by crappy players in laggy matches on a principle that's not even important.
#37THE_Chuck_NorisPosted 12/10/2013 4:16:08 PM
I get the ads snap accolade every game!!!

Get on my level
---
#38Nervio_Posted 12/10/2013 4:36:41 PM
echrono posted...
Look I know I'm going to get grilled on this topic but so what. Ads snap should be used by beginners learning the game why its in a first person shooter to begin with for online is beyond my understanding. I don't use it for the simple reason of I don't need a computer doing all the work for me but for the abusers its almost impossible to get anything going on a game. Its should be turned off after level 15 in my opinion. To everyone that's going to say well I don't need it ill still be a great player. Try turning it off then against other good players and watch your kill counts go way down. Sorry for the rant but use your own skill not a computers! !

hhhhmmm.... it might be my stupid-@** imagination but... ever tried "hip-fire"? It works for my drummy most of the time.
---
Skype & GE name: Nervio *o FC 2934-4189-0635 Alt: 2574-1768-2267
#39Johnny_Utah_Posted 12/11/2013 12:59:30 PM
THE_Chuck_Noris posted...

Get on my level

Get on my level?

Forward me all those homebrew hax links buddy. :p
---
IGN: S2*much lag http://thes2clan.webs.com/
I like the feeling of putting on socks after I cut my toenails. Mmmmmm nice.
#40THE_Chuck_NorisPosted 12/11/2013 1:05:02 PM
Johnny_Utah_ posted...
THE_Chuck_Noris posted...

Get on my level

Get on my level?

Forward me all those homebrew hax links buddy. :p

Done!
---