Frequent Unsteady Control Keeps Me On Defense Strategies

#1DarxWingDuckPosted 1/6/2014 4:12:10 PM
TOPIC

when i play GE, the controls keep lagging and messing up. it's hard to play aggressive on against anybody when this happens. i don't have a golden connection, so how do some of you manage to play competitive, even when having to deal with inconsistent controls due to lag? i find myself having to play too cautiously and it takes away from the fun.

what are the best loadouts to use when playing in laggy matches?

thanks in advance for your super awesome input!

ps- i <3 GE and this message board
#2DarxWingDuck(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2014 4:21:31 PM
i would also like to bring attention to a previous thread of mine, specifically the title.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997757-goldeneye-007/65910943
#3Nervio_Posted 1/6/2014 4:40:16 PM
DarxWingDuck posted...
i would also like to bring attention to a previous thread of mine, specifically the title.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997757-goldeneye-007/65910943

I noticed that your "Evolution of the IGN" thread was gone... too bad since it WAS "tangentially" related to GE.
:-\

On a related note, one of the a******* that used to play "Backseat Moderator" is finally gone, but one or two more remain here, this is why most people are not posting anymore, me? "I couldn't give two s**** and a Popsicle" about it, I'm not going to be posting much here anymore (I'll probably stick to Skype).

Finally my GF's theory is: Almost everything is running "bot-like", until someone reports a topic/post, or in the "blue moon" occasion when a mod actually shows up.

PS: apparently topics where you mention just a tiny bit of non-identifying personal info (even if it is "tangentially" related to GE), will get deleted.
---
Skype & GE name: Nervio *o FC 2934-4189-0635. Alt DELETED
#4SadLadPosted 1/6/2014 4:46:25 PM
Great thought provoking threads DWD. Nice to see such back on here, rather than some of that off topic guff that occasionally lands here.

I feel and share the pain. Defense is the way.
Tho to avoid doubt, spawn camping the infamous archives corridor etc does not constitute defence.
---
SadLad - FC 4324 9396 2141
#5Koopa-XPosted 1/6/2014 5:01:22 PM
Did your name origin thread get removed? wow... mods...
---
Fly[OZ] - http://goldeneyefly.wix.com/goldeneye
1994-0029-2967
#6JmyWhsprsPosted 1/6/2014 5:32:48 PM
Bümp
---
FC: 2072-1579-5145 [Chief Operator]
NNID:JmyWhsprs, [007] JmyWhsprs, 56-JmyWhsprs
#7EnforcerThePosted 1/6/2014 6:17:27 PM
DarxWingDuck posted...
TOPIC

when i play GE, the controls keep lagging and messing up. it's hard to play aggressive on against anybody when this happens. i don't have a golden connection, so how do some of you manage to play competitive, even when having to deal with inconsistent controls due to lag? i find myself having to play too cautiously and it takes away from the fun.

what are the best loadouts to use when playing in laggy matches?

thanks in advance for your super awesome input!

ps- i <3 GE and this message board

What do you mean by "play competitive?" Even if you don't have a golden connection, you'll get into lag-free games every now and then. if you're up against lag, you'll probably just have to just have to lay more led on people than usual and hope for the best. A laser might help, and ADSing is always effective. I notice a beat a lot of people in firefights because I'm quick to switch to my secondary when I'm out of ammo with my primary. Habits like that particularly help me in laggy games, where you can unload a whole clip on someone and not kill them.
---
Hall Monitor: Always learning, always improving.
FC= 534208814218
#8dustin2705Posted 1/6/2014 6:50:21 PM
As choppy connection games have been more frequent, I've been playing conservatively. I usually stay on the sides of the map and never rush. Its almost always been my playstyle.
---
STRYKER* > Belowit.
YT acc: www.youtube.com/goldeneyestryker
#9DarxWingDuck(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2014 8:56:52 PM
i really think some of you have missed the point to this thread...
#10Johnny_Utah_Posted 1/6/2014 9:05:08 PM
Fo' sho'
---
IGN: S2*much lag http://thes2clan.webs.com/
I like the feeling of putting on socks after I cut my toenails. Mmmmmm nice.