Hopefully someone can answer this despite being an empty board.

#1i b LinKPosted 4/24/2012 3:58:47 PM
I was addicted to this game but for some reason put it down, never to be touched again... until now. Something that always wondered, while chaining ghosts if you die or use a bomb to send the chain of ghosts back to the center chamber, do they loose any ghosts in the chain at all? I'm curious because I am trying to get better at the mode where you try to chain up as many eaten ghosts as possible. It seems I always average around B's in this mode. :(
---
GameFAQs, where there's an opinion... there's a fight.
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
#2RidTM1983Posted 4/24/2012 9:15:29 PM
30 spirits are up in line, after returning to the house the same (they are more compressed, it manages to stretch).
#3i b LinK(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 1:12:48 PM
Wait, I'm confused... are you saying it stops at 30 til I send them back to the cage, then it can chain more after that?
---
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
#4RidTM1983Posted 4/25/2012 8:55:10 PM
not include more than 30 ghosts, and when you eat it then re-assemble, is it clear>?
#5TheSilverlordPosted 4/25/2012 11:54:44 PM(edited)
You can get up to 30 ghosts chasing you maximum, at any time. Bombing will put them all back in the central enclosure and while you'll not lose any ghosts from your chain, by using the bomb you lose about 0.4 seconds on the clock and a bit of Speed. Doesn't sound like a lot, but over a 5- or 10-minute run, that loss can be significant.

You may also need to plan the stages/maps so that you take as near 30 ghosts before chomping the power pellets. It's all too easy to keep trying to add ghosts, but when you go over 30 no further ghosts are added!

You've also got to remember there are up to 4 main ghosts moving around of their own free will (red, pink, blue, orange), and if Pac-Man has close encounters with these, additional ghosts will spawn and add to the pack (the lead ghost will respawn). In 5- and 10-minute score attack, when these 4 ghosts are moving about you can take some shortcuts in the maps because you'll get to the 30 ghost limit quicker.
#6i b LinK(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2012 1:48:21 PM
Thanks guys, that's some good, need-to-know stuff!
---