Classic controller compatible?

#1dewc1Posted 10/7/2010 2:56:33 PM

Does anyone know for sure if you can or cannot use the classic controller with this?

#2Lemjor10Posted 10/7/2010 3:06:14 PM
Well, Nintendo hasn't confirmed any other control scheme than the Wii Remote and Nunchuk attachment.
#3Anticitizen_TwoPosted 10/7/2010 4:03:59 PM
It's not looking good. I hope they make it compatible, but I don't know...
#4JackRippa2207Posted 10/7/2010 5:22:18 PM
the only control scheme that was confirmed so far is wiimote and nunchuck combo and wii control in it's side. I don't think it will be classic controller compatible but neither was mario bros wii.
---
"Holding the Wiimote side-on for more traditional control will be an option in the final game, but Nintendo and Retro definitely like the idea of the Wiimote and Nunchuk combination, as moves like the ground pound feel more like slapping your hands down. This also means the pointer functionality won't be used at all. "

Read more: http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/110/1107723p1.html#ixzz11ipb0KNP
My name is Jack. Please don't call me Rippa.
#5dewc1(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2010 6:55:12 PM

THis is the reason I didn't buy NSMB. The wii remote on its side gets uncomfortable quick!

#6Knuckles07Posted 10/7/2010 7:11:43 PM
^ Well if you don't like that (I don't see how it's uncomfortable, but whatever...) then you could always use the nunchuck for NSMBW (which I find to be MUCH more awkward-feeling).

---
Current Addiction: SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2
If an alcoholic is addicted to alcohol shouldn't that mean that a workoholic is addicted to workohol?
#7blazeUP12Posted 10/8/2010 7:44:02 AM
:( I just got a new cc pro too.. hopefully they include it
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
#8MarioLuigi25Posted 10/8/2010 5:01:53 PM

I doubt it seeing as how it wasn't in NSMBW

#9Mr DNAPosted 10/9/2010 7:25:37 PM
^
But NSMBW had a few instances of tilt control, so I can see why you would need to use the remote for that. DKCR seems to just have waggle for pounding and rolling, which could (and IMO, should) easily be mapped to a button. It's not a deal-breaker for me if I have to go Wiimote, but I sure would like to use the CC.

I at least hope there are control options. I really, really want to use a button to roll. I tried the demo at the NYCC today, and shake-rolling is going to take a lot of getting used to.
---
oh honey, oh please, it's just a machine
#10slymshadyPosted 10/9/2010 8:09:14 PM

THis is the reason I didn't buy NSMB. The wii remote on its side gets uncomfortable quick!

Have you ever used a NES controller? The wiimote on its side is perfect for 2d platformers. If DKCR requires the nunchuck in one hand and the wiimore in the other hand, it will be a huge turn off. I am ready to play this with just the wiimote.
---
Slymania is still running wild!