Aquatic Ambience returns!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Donkey Kong Country Returns
  3. Aquatic Ambience returns!

User Info: ShadowMegaman1

ShadowMegaman1
6 years ago#1
The puzzle pieces that you collect will unlock dioramas in the "Extras" menu, though in my runthrough of Donkey Kong Country Returns I was unable to grab 100% of the puzzle pieces in any one level so I didn't get a chance to see any of the dioramas myself. But I did manage to unlock the soundtrack to Worlds 1 and 2, fully playable outside of the game, and yes, Retro Studios did put in a remixed version of the incredible Aquatic Ambiance from the original Donkey Kong Country, heard in a water level when you're riding on the back of giant whales.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/113/1130930p1.html

User Info: bobcheeseball

bobcheeseball
6 years ago#2
Great news!

And sorry to break it to ya, but its already been posted n_n

ShadowMegaman1
6 years ago#3
Didn't see that. Whoops.

User Info: ScroogeMcNix

ScroogeMcNix
6 years ago#4
But what's the point if thwre's no underwater stages. The water looks beautiful but Retro didn't give a darn about the fans with this...
Retro Studios not doing any underwater levels in DKC Returns is like they're dumping DK style OIL drums into the underwater levels of DKC 1-3 and DK64...

User Info: Phasmatis92

Phasmatis92
6 years ago#5
The soothing atmosphere without the frustration of underwater controls/physics? Sign me up!

ShadowMegaman1
6 years ago#6
But what's the point if thwre's no underwater stages. The water looks beautiful but Retro didn't give a darn about the fans with this...

The only redeeming aspect of the water levels were the music. If that has been carried over into equally ambient-pun intended-levels I could care less about them. Sorry.

User Info: XD375

XD375
6 years ago#7

The soothing atmosphere without the frustration of underwater controls/physics? Sign me up!

Pretty much this.
http://host.thewhiteforest.org/pokemonrailway

User Info: Garp_fist

Garp_fist
6 years ago#8
Sweet. Give me Forest Interlude Retro, and we're golden. (Though I know they probably won't)
Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton crossover IT'S A MOTHER****ING DREAM COME TRUE!
People that want Viewtiful Joe 3: 81 Official Taro of the Disgaea 4 board

User Info: Phasmatis92

Phasmatis92
6 years ago#9
All I need now is remixes of Fear Factory, Flight of the Zinger, and Lost World Anthem, and all my favs will be in the bag.

User Info: dchs5

dchs5
6 years ago#10
gamesradar linked to this page
Mod: The PS3 hardware board is for discussing the PS3 hardware. This isn't a "what should I buy" board.
  1. Boards
  2. Donkey Kong Country Returns
  3. Aquatic Ambience returns!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived