The next time one of your friends says "I want to be excited for this but.."

#1NessInEaglelandPosted 6/19/2010 3:33:17 PM
"...I never played Kid Icarus back on the NES"

or

"Why did Kid Icarus get a new game? I doubt my long awaited game sequel has less fans than Kiid Icarus."

say "Its not about pleasing the old fanbase as much as it is about establishing a new one. So play it."

I've even gone as far to say, just to avoid confusion with current gen players "It's not a sequel. It a new mascot nintendo unveiled back in smash bros. You should try it when it comes out."
---
This sig will not change until a new Mother or EarthBound game is released in the USA. Started at 2:48 AM on Saturday, January 28, 2006.
#2Crystal_KyuubiPosted 6/19/2010 4:14:21 PM
Truth, right here.

Honestly, I don't even remember if I so much as heard of Kid Icarus before Brawl or not. However, it seemed interesting, so I learned some more about the series, and after this game was announced, I was like "@#!$)*FJ!OMG!!!" because it looked amazing and Kid Icarus is some kind of awesome. So here I am, a fairly new fan of a 23-year-old, recently-revived series. In fact, it's older than I am. o_o And yet I still love it.

In fact, just a few days back, I broke out the old NES and after a few dozen gray screens, I managed to get my sis's version of Kid Icarus to work. I'm, uh....still on the first fortress level... Anyways, if Pit gets a bit more good backstory in this upcoming game, he has the potential to become my favorite Nintendo character of all time.
---
The next sentence is true.
The previous sentence is false.
#3AT1Posted 6/19/2010 7:50:38 PM
Actually, they had a trophy of him in Melee; which was when I first heard of him.

Wanted to play his game ever since.

---
You can't have gone up over a kilometre. Fifteen hundred metres, tops.
If the cpu's attack each other, the game is attacking itself and thus is emo.
#4Crystal_KyuubiPosted 6/19/2010 9:57:52 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5TheRedneck14Posted 6/19/2010 11:20:49 PM

Actually, they had a trophy of him in Melee; which was when I first heard of him.

Wanted to play his game ever since.

Same.
---
Supreme Overlord of Generation 90's
Please call me Joe
http://card.mygamercard.net/lastgame/joecb1991.png
#6MercuryEnigmaPosted 6/20/2010 10:18:35 PM

Truth, right here.

Honestly, I don't even remember if I so much as heard of Kid Icarus before Brawl or not. However, it seemed interesting, so I learned some more about the series, and after this game was announced, I was like "@#!$)*FJ!OMG!!!" because it looked amazing and Kid Icarus is some kind of awesome. So here I am, a fairly new fan of a 23-year-old, recently-revived series. In fact, it's older than I am. o_o And yet I still love it.

In fact, just a few days back, I broke out the old NES and after a few dozen gray screens, I managed to get my sis's version of Kid Icarus to work. I'm, uh....still on the first fortress level... Anyways, if Pit gets a bit more good backstory in this upcoming game, he has the potential to become my favorite Nintendo character of all time.

^This is me exactly. Except, I'm on Level 3-4 (fortress with a disappearing blob boss).
---
Currently rePlaying Paper Mario 64 for the new Paper Mario 3DS. Current status: Chapter 6, Toad Town Flower Gate
Diamond: 1720-5162-2518
#7RoxiKittenPosted 6/20/2010 10:27:32 PM
You guys sure know how to make a veteran gamer feel old. I never played the NES version (though I knew about it), but I did play Myths and Monsters for the gameboy.
---
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"
#8Virus66Posted 6/20/2010 10:53:53 PM
Wow... I played Kid Icarus waaay back in the 80s when I was a wee little one and I have been waiting for almost 2 decades for a new one. Still one of the best NES games...
---
"I serve...a higher authority..." - Geno, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Proud owner of a Wii, Xbox 360, PS3, DS, PSP, and gaming PC
#9PokekingPosted 6/21/2010 3:47:14 PM
The first time I came across the character was on Captain N, but he was called Kid Icarus instead of his real name.
---
His Royal Majesty, The Pokeking
Since 1992
#10IrishMercenaryPosted 6/21/2010 6:30:41 PM
I heard of the game mentioned a few times in a gaming mag, pretty much mentioned in speculations on what Shigsy's reaction to being asked if hes going to make a kid icarus sequal again
---
I mean god forbid I call a fictional, string of data stupid ~ NarutoFever1
Glad