The next time one of your friends says "I want to be excited for this but.."

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Kid Icarus: Uprising
  3. The next time one of your friends says "I want to be excited for this but.."

User Info: NessInEagleland

NessInEagleland
6 years ago#1
"...I never played Kid Icarus back on the NES"

or

"Why did Kid Icarus get a new game? I doubt my long awaited game sequel has less fans than Kiid Icarus."

say "Its not about pleasing the old fanbase as much as it is about establishing a new one. So play it."

I've even gone as far to say, just to avoid confusion with current gen players "It's not a sequel. It a new mascot nintendo unveiled back in smash bros. You should try it when it comes out."
This sig will not change until a new Mother or EarthBound game is released in the USA. Started at 2:48 AM on Saturday, January 28, 2006.

User Info: Crystal_Kyuubi

Crystal_Kyuubi
6 years ago#2
Truth, right here.

Honestly, I don't even remember if I so much as heard of Kid Icarus before Brawl or not. However, it seemed interesting, so I learned some more about the series, and after this game was announced, I was like "@#!$)*FJ!OMG!!!" because it looked amazing and Kid Icarus is some kind of awesome. So here I am, a fairly new fan of a 23-year-old, recently-revived series. In fact, it's older than I am. o_o And yet I still love it.

In fact, just a few days back, I broke out the old NES and after a few dozen gray screens, I managed to get my sis's version of Kid Icarus to work. I'm, uh....still on the first fortress level... Anyways, if Pit gets a bit more good backstory in this upcoming game, he has the potential to become my favorite Nintendo character of all time.
The next sentence is true.
The previous sentence is false.

User Info: AT1

AT1
6 years ago#3
Actually, they had a trophy of him in Melee; which was when I first heard of him.

Wanted to play his game ever since.
You can't have gone up over a kilometre. Fifteen hundred metres, tops.
If the cpu's attack each other, the game is attacking itself and thus is emo.

User Info: Crystal_Kyuubi

Crystal_Kyuubi
6 years ago#4
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

User Info: TheRedneck14

TheRedneck14
6 years ago#5

Actually, they had a trophy of him in Melee; which was when I first heard of him.

Wanted to play his game ever since.

Same.
Supreme Overlord of Generation 90's
Please call me Joe
http://card.mygamercard.net/lastgame/joecb1991.png

User Info: MercuryEnigma

MercuryEnigma
6 years ago#6

Truth, right here.

Honestly, I don't even remember if I so much as heard of Kid Icarus before Brawl or not. However, it seemed interesting, so I learned some more about the series, and after this game was announced, I was like "@#!$)*FJ!OMG!!!" because it looked amazing and Kid Icarus is some kind of awesome. So here I am, a fairly new fan of a 23-year-old, recently-revived series. In fact, it's older than I am. o_o And yet I still love it.

In fact, just a few days back, I broke out the old NES and after a few dozen gray screens, I managed to get my sis's version of Kid Icarus to work. I'm, uh....still on the first fortress level... Anyways, if Pit gets a bit more good backstory in this upcoming game, he has the potential to become my favorite Nintendo character of all time.

^This is me exactly. Except, I'm on Level 3-4 (fortress with a disappearing blob boss).
Currently rePlaying Paper Mario 64 for the new Paper Mario 3DS. Current status: Chapter 6, Toad Town Flower Gate
Diamond: 1720-5162-2518

User Info: RoxiKitten

RoxiKitten
6 years ago#7
You guys sure know how to make a veteran gamer feel old. I never played the NES version (though I knew about it), but I did play Myths and Monsters for the gameboy.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"

User Info: Virus66

Virus66
6 years ago#8
Wow... I played Kid Icarus waaay back in the 80s when I was a wee little one and I have been waiting for almost 2 decades for a new one. Still one of the best NES games...
"I serve...a higher authority..." - Geno, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Proud owner of a Wii, Xbox 360, PS3, DS, PSP, and gaming PC

User Info: Pokeking

Pokeking
6 years ago#9
The first time I came across the character was on Captain N, but he was called Kid Icarus instead of his real name.
His Royal Majesty, The Pokeking
Since 1992

User Info: IrishMercenary

IrishMercenary
6 years ago#10
I heard of the game mentioned a few times in a gaming mag, pretty much mentioned in speculations on what Shigsy's reaction to being asked if hes going to make a kid icarus sequal again
I mean god forbid I call a fictional, string of data stupid ~ NarutoFever1
Glad
  1. Boards
  2. Kid Icarus: Uprising
  3. The next time one of your friends says "I want to be excited for this but.."

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived