Weapon-rating megathread: READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING

#1RadosityPosted 4/5/2012 3:21:36 PM
There has been a lot of threads asking to rate weapons, so I think a megathread would help clear some of it up. In an attempt to keep things flowing smoothly and make sure everyone gets their turn, here are some rules:

1. When posting your weapon description, you MUST rate the weapon of the person who posted before you.

2. You cannot post more than one weapon at a time.

3. Include ALL of the info on your weapon, including its ranged attack, its melee attack, and its attributes. Also tell us whether it's a weapon you're currently using that you just want an opinion on, or if it's a weapon you're thinking of fusing. IGNORE THE POST OF ANYONE WHO DOES NOT FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES.

4. Type out your weapon description first, then refresh the thread to make sure you'll be rating the last post's weapon.

5. YOU CAN ONLY POST 1 WEAPON EVERY 30 MINUTES. Again, I want to make sure everyone gets their turn, and posting a lot of weapons will make this harder. However, if your weapon somehow got passed up, you can repost it.

6. THERE IS TO BE NO CHATTING IN THIS THREAD. Derails happen far too easily here, so let's stay focused on the topic.

Now have fun, and may all of your weapon-rating dreams come true.
---
3DS FC: 4511-0551-0974
#2BlueDryBones1Posted 4/5/2012 3:23:49 PM

Aurum Blade 281

Range 4.5

Meelee 4.5

Weakening+1(someone tell me what this does)

Speed+2

Standing Cont. Fire+1

Meelee Combo+1

What do you think?

#3Radosity(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2012 3:24:23 PM
Actually, since I doubt there'll be THAT many people asking for their weapons rated, let's say the time limit for posting another weapon is 10 minutes.
---
#4Radosity(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2012 3:28:31 PM
BlueDryBones1 posted...
Aurum Blade 281Range 4.5Meelee 4.5Weakening+1(someone tell me what this does)Speed+2Standing Cont. Fire+1Meelee Combo+1What do you think?

Whoops, already broke my own thread. It sounds like a fairly good weapon, especially if you use both ranged and melee attacks. Weakening reduces the enemy's HP by half temporarily.
---
#5THE_Mid_BossPosted 4/5/2012 3:45:13 PM
BlueDryBones1 posted...
Aurum Blade 281Range 4.5Meelee 4.5Weakening+1(someone tell me what this does)Speed+2Standing Cont. Fire+1Meele Combo+1What do you think?

Welp, thats a pretty cool blade. For a blade, you want good Stars in both stats, which you have. The +2 speed will help alot, as ive noticed that blades slow you down quite a bit. Weakening halves the opponents hp bar, which simply put makes them take double damage. An awesome ability.

Midnight palm 327
Range:******
Melee:

Overall defense +3
Poison +1
Running speed +4
Stamina +3
Backward dash charge +1
Backward dash cont. +3
---
in bed.
3ds fc: 4038-6010-5816
#6PolimarioPosted 4/5/2012 3:48:09 PM
THE_Mid_Boss posted...
BlueDryBones1 posted...
Aurum Blade 281Range 4.5Meelee 4.5Weakening+1(someone tell me what this does)Speed+2Standing Cont. Fire+1Meele Combo+1What do you think?

Welp, thats a pretty cool blade. For a blade, you want good Stars in both stats, which you have. The +2 speed will help alot, as ive noticed that blades slow you down quite a bit. Weakening halves the opponents hp bar, which simply put makes them take double damage. An awesome ability.

Midnight palm 327
Range:******
Melee:

Overall defense +3
Poison +1
Running speed +4
Stamina +3
Backward dash charge +1
Backward dash cont. +3

This Palm is a beast. Strong Range, good Defense, you can really take hits with this. Running Speed makes you fast, though Poison isn't the best, it's something, and Stamina compliments your Running Speed.

Those Backwards Dash attributes are really helpful, considering that the Midnight Palm's back charge shot is useful for deterring chasers.
---
Official Space Pirate of the entire site. Yes, ENTIRE SITE!
Forces of Light, Nature, and the Underworld....Ninty sure loves triangle relationships.
#7BlueDryBones1Posted 4/5/2012 3:57:38 PM

Wow thats a awesome palm I had a midnight palm before but its worthless compared to yours Im still waiting for a chance to get a better one but Im sticking with my Burning Palm for now the range is amazing and its stats are really good.

Palutena Blade

Range 5.5

Meelee 4.5

Health+1

Speed+1

Knockback Defense+1

Meelee Combo+1

One of my best starred weapons soo many stars and its range ch. shot is pretty good in terms of homing the bonus stats aren't the best but at least their something.

#880s_MemoryPosted 4/5/2012 4:39:04 PM
That's a pretty basic blade, but the stats are good. The mods could be better.

Aurum Bow
R:4.5
M:2
Freezing +4
Walking Speed +3
Forward dash cont. fire +1
In peril attack boost +1
Heart bonus +1

My current weapon. Thinking of fusing it but I'm not sure yet. It's just too good.

btw, Thanks for making this thread. It should be stickied.
---
In loving memory: The 80's
1980 - 1989 You will be missed, but never forgotten...
#9Daedalus_IncomPosted 4/5/2012 4:47:14 PM
This thread was a good idea.

80s_Memory posted...

Aurum Bow
Freezing +4
Walking Speed +3
In peril attack boost +1
Heart bonus +1

My current weapon. Thinking of fusing it but I'm not sure yet. It's just too good.

Freezing +4 automatically makes any weapon amazing.

Personally, I'd fuse it onto something with enough power to freeze in one hit (a good staff, club, or claw perhaps) but that's just how I roll.
---
Aspiring Staff King, Kid Icarus: Uprising
(may occasionally post in character)
#10Radosity(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2012 7:48:30 PM
80s_Memory posted...

Aurum Bow
Freezing +4
Walking Speed +3
In peril attack boost +1
Heart bonus +1

Thanks! And yeah, I agree with Daedalus, that Freezing +4 would be better suited for a heavier weapon, preferably one that's more close-range so you could lay a beat-down when you freeze someone. That's just for MP though, I imagine it'd be a damn good weapon for Solo. People underestimate the Walking Speed stat too, you can do some good damage just circling around someone firing normal shots at them.

I'm going to bump this thread with a weapon of my own. My hubris will be the end of me.

Pandora Claws: Value 291

Ranged: 3 1/2 stars
Melee: 1 1/2 stars

Overall defense +2
Health +4
Poison +3
Evasion +2
Backward-dash ch. shot +1
---