Weapon-rating megathread: READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING

#461MetaFalconPunchPosted 6/4/2012 2:29:37 PM
You think MK75 is a Drazonix Alt?
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
#462FehKehPosted 6/4/2012 2:42:22 PM
BlueDryBones1 posted...
Just ignore all of MasterKnight75's posts OD is a good thing he hates it b/c he probably just always dies w/ or w/o it.

The bow is great its Dash Cont fire must be VERY good too bad for that Dash Ch. Shot drop hurts it alot if you lower meelee stars and lower a meelee mod then either toss Dash Ch. Shot-2 or raise it then it would be better. If your just spamming Dash Cont fire I would give it a 7/10 at it would be higher if you didn't have that negative dash ch shot though but the other mods are really good.

No weapon to post just making sure that person above above person got their weapon rated good.

Cheers. It's mainly for cont fire so the dash ch shot negative doesn't bother me so much. Obviously not ideal but not a deal-breaker. The 6 stars in range still pulls it up to about 150 damage at midrange with energy charge so it's certainly still good for picking off targets if need be.
---
You have been marked for moderation.
#463RaltriosPosted 6/5/2012 3:51:28 PM
Umm... getting back on topic...

Since the previous weapon has already been rated, I'll just put up this thing I fused:

Samurai Blade (value 299)
Ranged: 3.5
Melee: 3.5
Health +2
Freezing +4
Running speed +1
Melee combo +4

Initial tests have been good. First time using it (or any Samurai Blade ever, for that matter) I got 11 kills, 3 deaths in FFA. I duplicated the result in the next match, but one less death. I must say, I really like the melee range on this thing and the speed of the combo - it reduces the window you're wide open. It can't really OHKO like most S.Blades people use, but the Freezing is a massive boon. The combo does 236 damage, so it's plenty to get on with. The cost is a tad high, however.

Any power tips in addition to the rating?
#464MasterKnight75Posted 6/6/2012 2:38:08 AM
Bad offense. Needs more Overall DEF -4. 4/10
---
Master Knight DH at your service.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterKnightDH
#465CaptainGordonPosted 6/6/2012 4:23:10 AM(edited)
Raltrios posted...

Health +2
Freezing +4
Running speed +1
Melee combo +4

As you're obviously aiming for Melee power, it would have been nicer to have less/no ranged stars, and more in Melee. at 6 Melee 0 ranged, the value would have been 263, your ranged attacks will be pretty lacklustre either way. I guess firing a few shots to inflict freeze will help you close the distance mind you.

The usual melee powers would go well - Super Armour, Aries Armour, Pisces Heal, Invincibility, Invisibility, stamina, etc..

I'll give it 6.8 / 10!

My current fave weapon:

Aquarius Blade
Value 307
Range: 6
Melee: 0
Health +6
Forward Dash Ch Shot + 3
Speed +2
Confusion +1
Heart Bonus -3

The value is quite high, but I love running around really fast, blasting 150~ damage forward dash charge shots in peoples faces, and not dying all that easily. The Melee attacks also have a built in freeze effect, which makes up for their lack of power.

Dont really want to lose this through fusion, but I might clone it and use the Heart Bonus -3 mod to make some other cool stuff.
---
No one, not even a demon, can deny a man his Pizza Shack Teriyaki Pizza.
#466AuridaPosted 6/6/2012 4:50:46 AM
CaptainGordon posted...
Aquarius Blade
Value 307
Health +6
Forward Dash Ch Shot + 3
Speed +2
Confusion +1
Heart Bonus -3

It's pretty nice! I know the forward charge shot on my own Aquarius Blade has landed a few crucial kills, even though it's geared for standing cont. fire, so this one's gotta be decent.

Having a few of those mods to knock the value over 300 is a bit of a detriment, but it makes a good weapon for overall use, I'd definitely think.

I'll toss in a 8/10 for this one.

As for me, I just made this puppy:

Atlas Club
Range: 5
Shot range +3
Dash ch. shot +4
Speed +4
Melee combo -2

Unfortunately, its shots don't quite OHKO unless you're above around 50m or so, but it's doing me quite nicely.
Paired up with Homing Boost, it even loops one time in case they dodge it the first time!
The slow charge speed's still a detriment as always, but dealing 100m OHKO shots with insane homing is well, well worth it.
---
3DS FC: 2664-2698-4446
Official 'That Guy' of random Kid Icarus: Uprising Light vs. Dark.
#467BlueDryBones1Posted 6/6/2012 6:23:49 AM
Must rate yours b4 you get the bad rating from MasterKnight75 -_- Just want to say the Aqua Blade above is good like a more defensive version of mine that is a page above.

Atlas Club is really really good very smart using Meelee Combo-2 but I think a smarter move would've been Dash Cont Fire-? but thats still good since I know you wont use its meelee much. Everything you have up there except Speed+ and .5 stars more of my Aqua Blade that has SH and OD added as well. Dash Ch. Shot and SR helps and it has fast moving shots and good homing so I dont think I'll dissapoint and the Atlas Club actually has good speed so IC no stats go to waste. Its near perfect 9/10 could be higher but I dislike long charge time on clubs and Idk if it can OHKO w/o powers so someone can run up to you with Aeries Armor and Meelee and you wouldn't be able to do much but its a perfect range weapon :)
#468AuridaPosted 6/6/2012 6:42:32 AM
BlueDryBones1 posted...
Must rate yours b4 you get the bad rating from MasterKnight75 -_- Just want to say the Aqua Blade above is good like a more defensive version of mine that is a page above.

Atlas Club is really really good very smart using Meelee Combo-2 but I think a smarter move would've been Dash Cont Fire-? but thats still good since I know you wont use its meelee much. Everything you have up there except Speed+ and .5 stars more of my Aqua Blade that has SH and OD added as well. Dash Ch. Shot and SR helps and it has fast moving shots and good homing so I dont think I'll dissapoint and the Atlas Club actually has good speed so IC no stats go to waste. Its near perfect 9/10 could be higher but I dislike long charge time on clubs and Idk if it can OHKO w/o powers so someone can run up to you with Aeries Armor and Meelee and you wouldn't be able to do much but its a perfect range weapon :)

If I could swap the Speed add out for additional Shot Homing, or another ranged star so that it'd OHKO all the time instead of only after the shot travels 60m of distance, it'd be a lot better.

And yeah, it's not my favorite weapon type either, but it's surprisingly robust. I... don't think the standing charge shot goes through walls, though? It's kind of a pity, but I'm using Slip Shot, Quick Charge, and Homing Boost with it anyway, so it fails to matter.

Swapping out the Homing Boost for, say, Warp would make this extremely infuriating to go up against, I think.
---
#469RaltriosPosted 6/6/2012 8:33:50 AM
CaptainGordon posted...
Raltrios posted...

Health +2
Freezing +4
Running speed +1
Melee combo +4

As you're obviously aiming for Melee power, it would have been nicer to have less/no ranged stars, and more in Melee. at 6 Melee 0 ranged, the value would have been 263, your ranged attacks will be pretty lacklustre either way. I guess firing a few shots to inflict freeze will help you close the distance mind you.

The usual melee powers would go well - Super Armour, Aries Armour, Pisces Heal, Invincibility, Invisibility, stamina, etc..

I'll give it 6.8 / 10!

Well, I was aiming to get the Freezing +4 and combo boost on a pair of mixed Viridi Claws (more melee than range, but preferably 2.5 or so range, 4.5-6 melee), but it just wasn't working out, so when I saw this in the fusion options for my fodder I went for it. The range damage is useful enough to steal kills and it gets good distance, but lacks stopping power. The light weight kind of throws me sometimes, too, but it's okay.

Alrighty, since the last few weapons have already been rated, here's another one:

Compact Arm (Value 241)
Speed +3
Standing cont. fire +4
Melee combo -2

The power setup I currently use has energy charge, bumblebee, and invisible shots. The main focus is to hit unaware opponents with the standing cont fire for massive life drain, steal kills and hit the remaining confused combatant(s), or using charged shots to punch out a weakened opponent if I think someone else might score the kill before my cont fire can (or hitting someone into the air to air combo them with the cont fire). Naturally, people aren't totally stupid and move to fight me up close. However, the melee combo is very quick, so I can use it to knock them back and gain more distance (occasionally finish people with it, too, despite the piddling damage). Well... that's the plan anyway. Often after I've been using it for a while I'll get put into a room full of god weapons/players who either cancel my shots or simply walk diagonally towards me, taking minimal damage because the Arm can't hit sideways-movers very well. But that's my own fault, not the weapon's. I generally do really well with this in FFA or LvD, generating some of my highest scores consistently.
#470AuridaPosted 6/6/2012 12:08:25 PM
Raltrios posted...
Compact Arm (Value 241)
Speed +3
Standing cont. fire +4
Melee combo -2

Very nice. The damage output on this has gotta be superb, and the negative modifier couldn't have been chosen better.

If anything, I'd substitute the Speed modifier for an add to Shot Range, because a Shot Range +3 Compact Arm spews death in a 50m radius, which is just as huge as it sounds.

It's by no means especially crucial, though, if what you have now works well for you. Heck, the sub-250 value only helps things out, here.

This is easily a 9/10 weapon you've got, and I'm slightly jealous. Especially since my Compact Arm sucks. :P
---